Not worthy of a thread - Euro 2020 edition

Disco

10 hours ago, LFEE said:

I didn’t say scrap who’s qualified. Just would’ve been easier for the calendar to slot it in for 2024. There’s always the Olympics which is practically a professional tournament nowadays for something to watch.

Would’ve possibly helped ease the issues of having the 2022 World Cup out of sync with not needing qualifiers for 2024.

They certainly should’ve ditched the awful idea of it being held in various countries as that was always madness and put me off from attending this time round as feel it defeats the whole purpose from a fan’s experience of international football.

On both counts I’m just of the opinion less is more.

By doing that you rob nations not qualified for 2020 the chance to play in the EC. It's not a good thing at all, it means some players might not get to play at an EC for 12 years (if they weren't qualified for 2016 for instance). Their entire career essentially, when they could've had one last chance at it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2021 at 19:18, Kaizero said:

By doing that you rob nations not qualified for 2020 the chance to play in the EC. It's not a good thing at all, it means some players might not get to play at an EC for 12 years (if they weren't qualified for 2016 for instance). Their entire career essentially, when they could've had one last chance at it.

There’s literally no reason to move it 

some games will have fans, even if they don’t then it will still be a good spectacle to watch,

moving it would cut so many players out of playing in a tournament 

On 09/04/2021 at 19:18, Kaizero said:

Aye, also Goran Pandev for example is 37 and his country has just qualified for their first ever tournament. Postpone it 3 years and he's either retired or just there as a reward for his service

33 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Dublin is definitely out now. The talk is either Manchester or Moscow for the Dublin games. Would go to Manchester but decided against Moscow. Would be gutted.

Completely unrelated to this but if I drove up to Belfast and got a flight to London and back a few days later on an Irish passport would I encounter any issues?

1 minute ago, triggs said:

Completely unrelated to this but if I drove up to Belfast and got a flight to London and back a few days later on an Irish passport would I encounter any issues?

Depends if it was your passport or not.

Guest neesy111
23 minutes ago, triggs said:

You's are expected to be on our green list so nope.

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

You's are expected to be on our green list so nope.

Aye I think the issue would be on our end if I came through Dublin so think Belfast would cut out that issue

4 hours ago, triggs said:

Aye I think the issue would be on our end if I came through Dublin so think Belfast would cut out that issue

We're not allowed to travel to England either so you might get questioned at the airport if your journey is essential but I doubt it. Probably be fine man. I'm guessing the restrictions between here and England will be gone by then too.

Aye my tickets for the last 16 in Dublin are almost certain to be at Wembley. Hoping for 75% capacity as then everybody will be able to go. Going to book flights this morning when it's announced.

Have they mentioned anythigng about how they are going to select which ticket holders are going to be allowed to attend?

Ive got final tickets but presume there will be some kind of 2nd ballot to cut the exisiting ticket holders down to the 25% capacity?

23 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Have they mentioned anythigng about how they are going to select which ticket holders are going to be allowed to attend?

Ive got final tickets but presume there will be some kind of 2nd ballot to cut the exisiting ticket holders down to the 25% capacity?

Only information there at the minute is that there will be a ballot in May to decide.

Dublin and Bilbao confirmed to have lost their games. Bilbao games going to Sevilla. Dublin's group games going to St. Petersburg.

No word on Dublin's last 16 game yet, which the one I have tickets for. :lol:

Should we top our group, we were supposed to be playing in Dublin, which will now be Wembley. 

That means all of our group games, R16, SF and F would be at Wembley, if we were to go all the way. Some advantage that. 

The QF would be in Rome, given that Spain are in an easy group and their R16 match would be against a team placed 3rd in their group, its likely to be them in the QF. Thats where we'll go out, is my prediction. 

Edited by Doctor Zaius
Might not be Wembley then.

48 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Official now that the last 16 game for Dublin will be Wembley. 

Just booked flights and hotel. Have to hope we make it through the ballot now if the capacity is less than 60%.

I reckon there will be full stadiums but controlled via vaccines or tests 

if there isn’t full stadiums come end of June I would put doubt that life would ever go back to normal

I would think end of June is too optimistic mate. You can’t run full capacity stadium events when the whole population hasn’t been offered the vaccine. I’d be looking at the new season when we get back to 75% plus capacity