Newcastle Utd 1 - 3 Man City - 15/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 32

Beren

One thing I've just remembered that they didn't show on MOTD, there were two occassions when Perch should have put our forwards away and fucked up the pass. One was from a bad clearance and I'm maybe being harsh on that one as it came to him quickly, but the other he had an simple pass to slide through to Cisse and messed it up. A really poor effort.

One thing I've just remembered that they didn't show on MOTD, there were two occassions when Perch should have put our forwards away and fucked up the pass. One was from a bad clearance and I'm maybe being harsh on that one as it came to him quickly, but the other he had an simple pass to slide through to Cisse and messed it up. A really poor effort.

Perch is a good cover player but he's simply not good enough with the ball to be in there consistently. He wouldn't get in any first choice midfield in the league if we're honest.

Saw those but Perch just isn't creative and never will be, showed his limitations there but thought he did ok generally

Just another player who gets regular appearances for us but isn't anywhere near good enough technically. Cheap, though.

Saw those but Perch just isn't creative and never will be, showed his limitations there but thought he did ok generally

Just another player who gets regular appearances for us but isn't anywhere near good enough. Cheap, though.

That's a tad harsh in my opinion. I think he is good enough, maybe not to be a regular in the starting XI but in and around it. What you've highlighted about him today isn't what his role in the side is about, in a similar way to everyone getting annoyed at Tioté's performances this season. On the whole I thought Perch had a good game today.

Harsh. Perch passes quite well to the point of being underrated imo. Did have one or two bad ones today as mention though.

Don't get me wrong, he's not that bad and as Wullie has said he's good cover. If we want to be better than this though, he can't be playing much. We don't want to be better though, the summer confirmed it.

Well impressed with the desire to get back into the game but woeful defending yet again ,screamed at Simpson to close down for the third goal ,worrying how the wide play and low crosses into the box were alarming in there regularity and caused problems time and again.Cisse having a season to forget and having trouble keeping the ball below the crossbar on every occasion i can remember.

Just another player who gets regular appearances for us but isn't anywhere near good enough. Cheap, though.

That's a tad harsh in my opinion. I think he is good enough, maybe not to be a regular in the starting XI but in and around it. What you've highlighted about him today isn't what his role in the side is about, in a similar way to everyone getting annoyed at Tioté's performances this season. On the whole I thought Perch had a good game today.

I'd agree he had a decent game. That pass in particular had me raging, that's all. :lol: