Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thing is for me, is that he's pacey and above all quite direct in his play, his movement combined with that will stretch defences and give us some playing depth in attack. As of now we have Ben Arfa and Marv who are more 'playmakers'. Yes, Ben Arfa probably does more attacking runs than Marv with the ball and in a way can be quite direct sometimes. But with Remy we'll get some great movement and direct runs off the ball. The opposition will concede bodies up against HBA and Marv, no doubt about that, and that will give space to exploit for Remy to run through. More chances will fall on Cissés feet as well. Cabaye is a player capable of putting others through on goal with a sublime pass as well and he probably only has had one player to put through and will now have another option to pass to and not just Cissé (when played centrally)

These points makes me think that he'll be a great success IF we sign him. To add to that, him being a good header of the ball and having good technical ability is another bonus.

Why do we have to 'ready offers'? Why can't we just make one? Not tomorrow, or the day after - just do it now.

Yes would be nice to get him signed and then concentrate on getting a CB in way before the deadline. Will never happen but would be nice.

Why do we have to 'ready offers'? Why can't we just make one? Not tomorrow, or the day after - just do it now.

Yeah I don't get this, surely you just phone them up, say "parlay vois anglais", then shout "Remy 4 million pounds" and wait for an answer

Simple really, doesn't take that much getting ready

Yeah I don't get this, surely you just phone them up, say "parlay vois anglais", then shout "Remy 4 million pounds" and wait for an answer

I picture it as much more of a process. Mike and Derek dive into Mike's money-pool, then start filling up bags of money. To make things as cost effective as possible, Lee Charnley then swings by with the team bus. The three of them load the bus before Lee takes off for France. He then reports back whether the offer was sufficient when he's arrived in Marseille. Knowing what our intial bid's usually looks like, Lee will be doing quite a bit of driving this month.

Can totally just imagine Dekka hollaring down the phone in the usual British way when we converse with foreigners :lol:

Guest Brazilianbob

My concern is that all the time we are wasting putting in an acceptable offer  for Remy means we will be up the creek without a paddle if he then fails his medical, leaving us with only about two weeks to move on to our next target and to begin the long drawn out transfer process again.

If we cannot then agree a transfer fee for our back up target we will end up with no one as usual, or we will not then have enough time to sign the CB that we desperately need in order to preserve our EPL status this season. 

This made me spit out my coffee on my desk, haha.

It takes time to warm up the printer and train the Carrier Pigeon.

Save a weeks wages or 2, probably knock a couple of hundred '000 off the price. Guess who wins again.

Scott Wilson reckons both QPR and ourselves have a broad agreement of the fee. Obviously the player didn't fancy QPR so it's about convincing him to come here ahead of anywhere else.

Good post from Ikon there. To have that raw injection of pace and movement into the side will open up space for others like Marveaux and HBA and vice versa.

It is what we have always needed.

As good as Ba was, he was more of an opportunist relying on his strength to get an opening.  He never really stretched the other teams defence.

In fairness to Pardew, I do think he was after a player to do just that when we were linked to Erdinc. We ended up with Cisse, and it just didn't work with him and Ba as a partnership. Remy would be the perfect foil imo. Ok he may not have scored many recently, but his pace must still be there to benefit Cisse as the main striker.

R.E what scott wilson said. That was my reading of the situation, we must have agreed something a while ago because we have been talking to him for the best part of a month.

Hopefully things will have gone one way or the other come the weekend.

From skysports' "10 to Avoid":

Loic Remy:

Considering Remy's form for Marseille this season, both QPR and Newcastle would be taking a huge gamble if they splurged a reported £11million on the striker. The France international has scored just three times in 19 appearances this term and his record of 12 strikes in 29 Ligue 1 games last year does little to justify his price tag. That Remy was also diagnosed with a heart problem during his Marseille medical in 2010 may also be a consideration, but more pressing is the lack of evidence to suggest the forward could spark an immediate revival for either of the Premier League strugglers.

Whats the heartproblem? Anything serious?