Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Newcastle are prepared to be patient as long as it means landing the right man, and will refuse to pay over the odds, believing that both Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa could both play the “No 10” withdrawn striker role in support of Papiss Cisse if no deal is done."

Letting us down gently there  :sad:

Two injured players, one who's not expected back till February.  :lol:

"Newcastle are prepared to be patient as long as it means landing the right man, and will refuse to pay over the odds, believing that both Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa could both play the “No 10” withdrawn striker role in support of Papiss Cisse if no deal is done."

Letting us down gently there  :sad:

Really makes me feel better we are relying on two injured players :lol:

And that isn't even the position we need to strengthen!

Really like the idea of either of those in that position but if Cisse gets injured  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Debuchy sends in a wicked cross from the right, Shola knocks it down for a on-rushing Ben Arfa to score a thunderbastard,  O0

When Cabaye is fit i'm expecting him to play that role regardless if a striker comes in or not :lol:

The report does not make me feel any better by saying something i expect regardless of what we do in the window.

If the club don't get how important it is to get a forward in this window, of all windows then i don't think they ever will.

I know a 'negative news is true, whilst positive news is probably false' mentality exists but maybe we're playing games with Marseille by showing we have plans if this doesn't go through. Maybe we're showing we're not desperate so don't try hiking the price up.

Oh, who am I kidding? :yao:

Complete waste of Ben Arfa. Cabaye can do it but he's never going to be brilliant at it.

Agree... Ben Arfa is best on the right cutting in... Marveaux possibly a better number 10 than Cabaye...

Still think it's worth giving a fully fit HBA a try as a #10 at some point. Even if it's just in Europe or something.

Cabaye's best form for us has come there though, so I'd be happy if that's how we ended up.

Complete waste of Ben Arfa. Cabaye can do it but he's never going to be brilliant at it.

Agree... Ben Arfa is best on the right cutting in... Marveaux possibly a better number 10 than Cabaye...

To try Ben Arfa as a number 10 would be good.

But Ben Arfa is more a right forward (not milfielder) so Cabaye number 10 and Ben Arfa right forward and Marveaux left forward (?).

Aye although there isn't really enough between Cabaye and Marveaux in that role for Pardew to prefer Marveaux due to Cabaye offering much more defensively.

Should be Anita-Cabaye-Marv when fit but Pardew needs defensive security.

my worry would be that the "withdrawn striker" would mean a rigid 4-4-1-1

we have the capability for so much movement but it relies heavily on cabaye and ben arfa (with the squad we have at least one of them has to play for it to work). i'd be looking at....

krul

back 4 with santon and debuchy pushing on

tiote

flexible 4

cisse

I'd be amazed if we signed three more players this window like :lol:

I think we'll get a striker and about a 50/50 we get a CB.

I think there's about a 50% chance of us getting a striker and a about a 25%  chance of us getting a CB.

Should make this a guessing competition: I'll take 98% on the striker and 2% on the centre-half...

Speaking to Pardew put him off apparently. :lol:

:lol:

How embarrassing, but so not surprising if true.

Pardew probably hardly has any real idea who he is!

God we need a new manager ...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/67064/2107675-not_sure_if_serious_2_super.jpg

Cabaye and Ben Arfa in a withdrawn role behind Shola when Cisse is unavailable. :lol:

This is it. Our first XI would still be very good without replacing Ba. In theory Cisse up top, with HBA and Marveaux either side, with Cabaye, Tiote and Anita in the middle. Problem is, if anything happens to Cisse we're fucked.