Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If he goes to QPR just for the money that just shows his ambition. Just money it is.

7 points is not going to persuade many players over an extra 20/30/40k a week. Let's not pretend he wasn't coming here primarily so he could double his wages.

It's not just about 7 points, it's that we finished 5th last season, would be anyone's bet to finish higher next season, have a better team and are all around a club players are much more likely to be proud to play for than QPR.

You could make the opposite argument. For all we know QPR will spend 50 million every year for the next five years and will be fighting for Champions League places.

Meh, they probably will.

I know a lot of players move for money, but it's blatant this time it's ridiculous, after refusing to even meet Redknapp previously.:lol:

Really hope they get relegated now like.

Absolutely. You knew wobbly wouldn't let it drop though given the comments about it being 'difficult' for QPR to get him even after Remy had refused the meet.

To be honest it's really not the fault of the player that signs for the club that offers them ridiculous money.

It's the fault of the club.

Assuming we haven't offered an insultingly low amount (you'd suspect we'd offer similar to what Ba was earning...), you can't blame the club for not competing with the offer of a club like QPR. They've blown their cash injection in as blaze a fashion as Man City have, just not as much.

Completely ignoring football rumours until the player signs on the dotted line is a fantastic thing.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/ldp2/oct2009/2/1/armstrong-and-miller-259283104.jpg

Isn't it though?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/14/qpr-loic-remy-newcastle?

Newcastle United remained cautiously optimistic of signing Loïc Rémy from Marseille on Monday but, with the striker in London rather than on Tyneside, accept they face a late attempt to ambush the deal by Queens Park Rangers.

The 26-year-old had been scheduled to fly to Newcastle for a medical before finalising a deal worth just over £8m but, instead, Remy headed to London where Harry Redknapp, who tried to recruit him for Tottenham Hotspur last season, believes his goals could potentially save QPR from relegation. Significantly the Loftus Road club can offer higher wages than Newcastle.

When Redknapp flew to the south of France earlier this month, Rémy refused to meet him. Now, though, the sometime France international is wavering and the Newcastle manager, Alan Pardew – who felt the deal was all but done when his board agreed a fee with their French counterparts on Sunday – may soon discover if money is the overriding motivation of a previously prolific striker who has scored just once this season after falling out with Marseille.

Newcastle's manager also hopes to persuade his captain and key central defender Fabricio Coloccini to remain at St James' Park for at least the remainder of the season. Difficulties in Coloccini's personal life have made the centre-half keen to return to his native Argentina but it is hoped that the matter can be resolved during a meeting of Newcastle directors and Coloccini's representatives scheduled for Wednesday.

Pardew remains less concerned about quotes in the French media attributed to Hatem Ben Arfa, his principal creator who is currently receiving treatment for a torn hamstring at Clairefontaine, near Paris. Ben Arfa apparently suggested he would favour a summer transfer to Paris St Germain but it is understood the France winger, who has forged a strong bond with Pardew, is happy at Newcastle and determined to stay in England. Indeed were he to leave the north-east it would be for a Premier League club involved in the Champions League.

I know a lot of players move for money, but it's blatant this time it's ridiculous, after refusing to even meet Redknapp previously.:lol:

Really hope they get relegated now like.

Absolutely. You knew wobbly wouldn't let it drop though given the comments about it being 'difficult' for QPR to get him even after Remy had refused the meet.

To be honest it's really not the fault of the player that signs for the club that offers them ridiculous money.

It's the fault of the club.

Assuming we haven't offered an insultingly low amount (you'd suspect we'd offer similar to what Ba was earning...), you can't blame the club for not competing with the offer of a club like QPR. They've blown their cash injection in as blaze a fashion as Man City have, just not as much.

Sorry, that post was unclear.

I mean, it's the fault of QPR and clubs like them for offering wages that are (hopefully) unsustainable for them and inflate he market to the detriment of all clubs.

It's not the player's fault for signing a contract that gives them more security.

I know it's probably a spoof but,

Mario Balotelli‏@MarioBaloltelli

It looks like Loic Remy has chosen QPR over Newcastle. He'll be going for a medical soon. The first thing they will be checking is his head.

Expand Reply

Retweet

Favorite

:lol:

QPR really do look like they're on their way to being the new Pompey mind. He went in when they looked doomed, kept them up, turned them into a good top 8 team for a few seasons winning a cup on a budget they couldn't sustain and then fucked off.

I could easily see QPR doing that if he keeps them up.

Guest bimpy474

I know it's probably a spoof but,

Mario Balotelli‏@MarioBaloltelli

It looks like Loic Remy has chosen QPR over Newcastle. He'll be going for a medical soon. The first thing they will be checking is his head.

Expand Reply

Retweet

Favorite

What a f***ing club.

But for some reason I'm quite amused by this :lol:

Me too, I stopped investing too much emotional capital in players a long time ago, fuck him if he doesn't want to come here and fuck any of our players who want to leave. There'll always be 11 lads in black and white shirts............they'll probably just be a bit crapper then we've been used to :)

More money

London

Manager with reputation for good football

vs

Better stadium/facilities

More chance of staying up

France teammates here

It's as simple as that. If he wants to go there then it's pretty sad, but understandable. I doubt it.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this is just his agent playing us to get more money, as I said when I first heard this about QPR. I find it very unlikely that we will budge.

sums it up, i guess. we have done what we could i think....im fine with us not paying silly wages like that.

2 days ago he wouldn´t even meet their manager who went to france "just" to see him FFS. :laugh:

QPR have become the former Newcastle under shepard :cheesy:

What a f***ing club.

But for some reason I'm quite amused by this :lol:

Me too, I stopped investing too much emotional capital in players a long time ago, fuck him if he doesn't want to come here and fuck any of our players who want to leave. There'll always be 11 lads in black and white shirts............they'll probably just be a bit crapper then we've been used to :)

Are you sure? You'd think most of us would be used to some pretty bad crap :lol:

Wont blame our management if he doesnt sign, will blame our management if we dont move on and sign sufficient quality in right areas. Cant be held to ransom if they offer a stupid amount, we should just withdraw our offer now and move on