Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lets be honest, he can't play in our Europa campaign and we're only a couple of wins ahead of them with an uninspiring manager at the helm. If they offer him an extra 20 or even 30k a week and a similar relegation clause, it's not such a surprise. Worst case scenario for Remy is if he does well and they still get relegated he hops onto another English club ala Ba.

"@joey7barton Joey do yourself a favour and stay out of club politics QPR and NUFC have paid you well for playing not to commentonrecruitmen"

Good on ya, Dietmar.

Classic case of running out of characters there. :lol:

:laugh:

I know we've joked about this but we're really relying on our French contingent to pull this out of the bag tbh. We won't be able to match QPR on wages (ffs).

and i for one am glad we don't get into that..if we lose this for financial reasonsthen  i feel in the long run we will be better off !  The QPR/Portsmouth comparisons are so so near the mark

I don't know that much about Remy. I was excited that we were signing anyone. I am disappointed by what looks like a collapse of the deal. The biggest dissapointment will be that it's very unlikely we have back up plan. Swanse have signed a striker on a 18 month loan deal so I suppose Graham would be a cheap option but he is no Ba replacement and doesn't improve our first 11. Well at least being a Newcastle fan there is very rare a dull moment.

If he's off to QPR, i can imagine there'll be a relegation release clause. Win-win for Remy tbh. Earn an absolute shitload for a few months, get relegated, p*ss off to a proper club.

Bang on basically. He's putting himself in the shop window at QPR so win win for him

I know a lot of players move for money, but it's blatant this time it's ridiculous, after refusing to even meet Redknapp previously.:lol:

Really hope they get relegated now like.

Absolutely. You knew wobbly wouldn't let it drop though given the comments about it being 'difficult' for QPR to get him even after Remy had refused the meet.

No doubt about it, worrying for us, where do we turn next. Of we dont get striker and cb i think we are as good as down.

They are clearly going to try and spend their way out of this and i cant see where we will string a run of wins together

More money

London

Manager with reputation for good football

vs

Better stadium/facilities

More chance of staying up

France teammates here

It's as simple as that. If he wants to go there then it's pretty sad, but understandable. I doubt it.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this is just his agent playing us to get more money, as I said when I first heard this about QPR. I find it very unlikely that we will budge.

I know a lot of players move for money, but it's blatant this time it's ridiculous, after refusing to even meet Redknapp previously.:lol:

Really hope they get relegated now like.

Absolutely. You knew wobbly wouldn't let it drop though given the comments about it being 'difficult' for QPR to get him even after Remy had refused the meet.

To be honest it's really not the fault of the player that signs for the club that offers them ridiculous money.

It's the fault of the club that offers that wage in the first place.

If he goes to QPR just for the money that just shows his ambition. Just money it is.

7 points is not going to persuade many players over an extra 20/30/40k a week. Let's not pretend he wasn't coming here primarily so he could double his wages.

It's not just about 7 points, it's that we finished 5th last season, would be anyone's bet to finish higher next season, have a better team and are all around a club players are much more likely to be proud to play for than QPR.

"@joey7barton Joey do yourself a favour and stay out of club politics QPR and NUFC have paid you well for playing not to commentonrecruitmen"

Good on ya, Dietmar.

Classic case of running out of characters there. :lol:

Football certainly is running out of characters, hence the reason everyone hangs off that daft cunt's every word.  I know what you meant though btw, I'm not daft. :lol:

Anyway, Redknapp said this the other day:

It would have been good for him to come, play in the Premier League and help us stay up. If he comes and does well and the worst comes to the worst and we can’t survive, he’s in the shop window and the big clubs would want him. If he scores goals, there’s every chance we’d stay up. It was a good opportunity for him.

Maybe Remy's not that sold on either club, still has his eye on someone bigger and has bought into the shop window stuff (with his QPR contract offer weighted accordingly).

Whatever, if he goes to QPR I'll be really pissed off like.

More money

London

Manager with reputation for good football

vs

Better stadium/facilities

More chance of staying up

France teammates here

It's as simple as that. If he wants to go there then it's pretty sad, but understandable. I doubt it.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this is just his agent playing us to get more money, as I said when I first heard this about QPR. I find it very unlikely that we will budge.

Like I said before if you look at both teams and how the play football then there's only one choice, it isn't us  :lol: