Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If so he's got to take that.  :lol:

:lol: Aye, especially as it'll also probably be tax free thanks to Harry's "unorthodox" offshore banking arrangements...

I always knew the failure to lock this cunt up would come back to haunt us :lol:

:lol: Yep.

The only thing I think the club could be criticised for (note: not slated) if he goes to QPR is that we'll have spent half the month chasing a player who is only interested in money. And considering what we can offer in comparison to others that would have been a pretty poor misjudgement.

I don't think it's been that apparent he was so motivated by money, any more than any footballer really. He's point blank ignored QPR once, so you have to believe that they've significantly increased the deal on offer. Perhaps offering some kind of significant bonus for securing their safety. We're absolutely right to stick to our guns and leave the terms he accepted on the table.

Our current wage structure is ample enough to secure players like Cabaye, Debuchy, Cisse and Colo. However good this lad is, I don't think he's worth more than any of those - at this point in time.

:thup:

Agree with that; the club are pretty much faultless in this whole thing imo.

However they deserve every bit of flack they'll receive if a different striker doesn't arrive in the next fortnight.

:thup: All of this. Makes me wonder what QPR fans make of it though, player laughs them off then u-turns the next day after apparently being shown the moneyz, might not be the type of player you want when you are fighting relegation.

Just like the rest of their players tbh. :lol:

I don't think they'll care a jot if it works.

The only thing I think the club could be criticised for (note: not slated) if he goes to QPR is that we'll have spent half the month chasing a player who is only interested in money. And considering what we can offer in comparison to others that would have been a pretty poor misjudgement.

I don't think it's been that apparent he was so motivated by money, any more than any footballer really. He's point blank ignored QPR once, so you have to believe that they've significantly increased the deal on offer. Perhaps offering some kind of significant bonus for securing their safety. We're absolutely right to stick to our guns and leave the terms he accepted on the table.

Our current wage structure is ample enough to secure players like Cabaye, Debuchy, Cisse and Colo. However good this lad is, I don't think he's worth more than any of those - at this point in time.

However they deserve every bit of flack they'll receive if a different striker doesn't arrive in the next fortnight.

:thup: All of this. Makes me wonder what QPR fans make of it though, player laughs them off then u-turns the next day after apparently being shown the moneyz, might not be the type of player you want when you are fighting relegation.

clutching at straws tbh. If he scores the goals to keep them up it will be worth millions.

I just hope the £8.5m isn't spent on Aubyermang or whoever that non-scoring African is.

I wouldn't worry about it.  Probably won't end up getting spent at all before mysteriously disappearing before the next window.

Aye, kinda like the £12mill De Jong money didn't get spent

Just like the rest of their players tbh. :lol:

I don't think they'll care a jot if it works.

:lol: First thought once I had pressed post is that actually, they'd already be used to it.

He cant have been sold a better vision at qpr like, This smacks of agents and/or himself seeing a quick payday and probably a relegation clause if it didnt work out.

Ah well move on now maybe

Agent would have been all over it as he would have made probably triple on the deal than what he would have made with Remy coming here. Getting your agent around £100k is worth a bonus if you were about to sign to another club in a relegation battle for less than half that.

It's very disappointing, but if a player is offered enough money then eventually that will tip the scales in most cases. I don't particularly blame the player.

I don't know that QPR are acting that wisely though. Throwing money at a player who doesn't want to come isn't a good long-term strategy.

Let's hope there are other options.