Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fair enough, it just seems weird to conclude that Pardew is the reason this deal failed.

Not perhaps the reason, just not a positive attraction.

You have to SELL the club better to potential players.

I find it hard to believe QPR offered such a ridiculous deal.

Then again, with Redknapp's devious financial skullduggery with other people money......

From Eurosport:

Loic Remy is still deciding between QPR and Newcastle, according to Marseille. The London club are rumoured to have offered £70,000-a-week making them strong favourites to land the Frenchman.

See ? Already £30,000 less than the quoted QPR deal

What quoted QPR deal?  Most sources say they've offered between £70-£80k (96k Euro's was another report which is the same amount in pounds) while our deal was initially reported as being basically agreed at £40k.

A couple were saying £110k which is quite clearly bullshit.

Think it's a mixture of things - London + wages + playing for a manager who has tried to buy him before & alongside someone like M'Bia who he'll know from OM.

Thing I don't understand is that the bright lights of London and Harry's genius didn't seem to matter last week when he had no intention of joining QPR.

http://sulia.com/channel/english-premier-league/f/1e4eb1a8-8d06-4f28-aa11-5cca32d95861/

Can confirm that Loic Remy has chosen QPR ahead of Newcastle United. #QPR #NUFC #THFC #CFC

The France international is awaiting details of QPR’s contract offer before taking a medical with the Premier League club.

A friend of the player refuted suggestions that Remy had chosen QPR instead of Newcastle because the London club offered a superior salary.

He said: 'Loic's choice of QPR was based on Harry Redknapp technical attraction. Salary was not the player focus. Maybe this is the reason Newcastle are trying to claim because they have lost a primary target.'

I don't get this Sulia thing like, but this is from Duncan Castles, a sports journo for the Sunday Times and others.

Here come Redknapps mates in full PR mode.  I suppose Remy forgot how great Redknapp was when he refused to even speak to him earlier?  Of course he must have remembered right about the time QPR came in with a £80k per week offer.

Think it's a mixture of things personally: London + wages + playing for a manager who has tried to buy him before & alongside someone like M'Bia who he'll know from OM.

A week ago he wouldn't even speak to the manager who had tried to buy him before.

One thing I do find quite amusing is how (faux) offended people are at him choosing bigger wages when nearly every player we've signed recently will have likely received a wage increase for their troubles & I very much imagine it's one of the reasons we target players from L1,  Eredivise & the likes.

One thing I do find quite amusing is how (faux) offended people are at him choosing bigger wages when nearly every player we've signed recently will have likely received a wage increase for their troubles & I very much imagine it's one of the reasons we target players from L1 and the Eredivise..

I don't think people are offended by that though? Nobody in the last few pages anyway.

SSN transfer window gadgey.... Remy believes he's made the right move for "footballing reasons"

Fuck off.

If he goes to QPR he has. We are playing diabolically and it was bound to catch up to us sooner or later recruitment wise.

Like I said yesterday had we been top half like expected he'd have signed and not even thought about QPR.

Money talks, and if they werent offering mad cash he'd come here, but if they were offering mad cash and we were looking good then he'd be here im absolutely sure of it.

One thing I do find quite amusing is how (faux) offended people are at him choosing bigger wages when nearly every player we've signed recently will have likely received a wage increase for their troubles & I very much imagine it's one of the reasons we target players from L1,  Eredivise & the likes.

I haven't seen many, if any, offended that he's just going for the money. It's that he is going to Queens Park Rangers (for the money) that is offensive.

If someone from L1, or the Eredivise moved to Airbus UK (for the money) rather than the Premiership, they'd get the same reaction.

But if it amuses you..... :lol:

SSN transfer window gadgey.... Remy believes he's made the right move for "footballing reasons"

Fuck off.

If he goes to QPR he has. We are playing diabolically and it was bound to catch up to us sooner or later recruitment wise.

Like I said yesterday had we been top half like expected he'd have signed and not even thought about QPR.

Money talks, and if they werent offering mad cash he'd come here, but if they were offering mad cash and we were looking good then he'd be here im absolutely sure of it.

That is pretty much what happened though :lol:

Fuck off.

Yeah QPR are bottom of the league on 14 points but they've got two good results recently so its a great Footballing move :lol:

How can you be sure he'd ignore any crazy offer from QPR if we were playing better BTW?  I mean I really doubt Cabaye (who Remy phoned to ask about Newcastle) gave us a bad review and it sounds like everyone else who spoke to told him it was right to come here (Barton ect).  You have no idea how he thinks.  All we do know is that by all indications he was happy with personal terms here until QPR's offer that by all accounts seems to be around twice that of our own plus a relegation release clause (that last bit its probably quite important as it removes the possibility of relegation as a negative).

Guest alijmitchell

f*** off.

I was about to say this like. If you think that the style of football played hasn't had an impact on things then people are naive in the extreme. Sure the money will have got him interested, but the style of football played is a draw for these frenchies (i think Cabaye mentioned it just after we signed him), it would only take 10 mins of Harry filling his lugs with correct information about how we play hoofball and how flowing the football he played as spurs was and that might have sealed it. So yeah when you come down to it, we have two teams battling one another for relegation one offers more money and potentially better football and living in London, the other is a hoofball side with a few poorly used french internationals somewhere in the North.

f*** off.

I was about to say this like. If you think that the style of football played hasn't had an impact on things then people are naive in the extreme. Sure the money will have got him interested, but the style of football played is a draw for these frenchies (i think Cabaye mentioned it just after we signed him), it would only take 10 mins of Harry filling his lugs with correct information about how we play hoofball and how flowing the football he played as spurs was and that might have sealed it. So yeah when you come down to it, we have two teams battling one another for relegation one offers more money and potentially better football and living in London, the other is a hoofball side with a few poorly used french internationals somewhere in the North.

Spot on, but lets cry that its all about the money instead.  O0

This is all just so annoying ... hopefully, when it's all said and done w ehave the last laugh.

Not one to wish a player bad, but I hope he struggles immensely to regain his form, and do anything decent for them.

Ah what the heck ... I hope his thigh explodes.

I haven't seen many, if any, offended that he's just going for the money. It's that he is going to Queens Park Rangers (for the money) that is offensive.

If someone from L1, or the Eredivise moved to Airbus UK (for the money) rather than the Premiership, they'd get the same reaction.

But if it amuses you.....

It's not offensive for the player to choose that, realistically he would be joining either us or QPR as a stepping stone as I imagine most ambitious players would, until we sort ourselves out anyway. It's a no brainier to take daft money elsewhere really.

QPR throwing daft money about is what annoys me, it's a quick fix that will no doubt have the fans massively excited but there's no way they can sustain it, if it doesn't end tragically I'll be massively suprised.