Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well to say I'm pleased us an understatement . Just wish we could have started to recruit somewhat sooner.

At least we've got one in before the City game. I do think we'll get Gomis before City too.

Well to say I'm pleased us an understatement . Just wish we could have started to recruit somewhat sooner.

At least we've got one in before the City game. I do think we'll get Gomis before City too.

Think Gomis will be done by the end of the week, not sure why just a hunch.

City is 2 weeks away, these lads have had absolutely no preseason. I would be very surprised if either even make the bench.

That being said we can still put out a very good side but it is City so we'll probably still get bummed :lol: :okay:

Something like -

Krul

Debuchy    Saylor      Colo    Santon

Cabaye        Sissoko

Marveaux

HBA            Cisse          Gouffran

That isn't a bad side at all. Maybe chuck in Jonas for Sissoko/Marveaux to give Santon a bit of support 'tackle' :frantic:

We do need some Engrish players like.

Do we though?  I find this line of thought quite disturbing because I think there's a large undertone of xenophobia/racism attached to it.

Not at all, every successful team has its core of home grown talent. Look through every team in history.

Do we though?  I find this line of thought quite disturbing because I think there's a large undertone of xenophobia/racism attached to it.

It's good to have a few in the unlikely event that we qualify for Europe again, so we can meet the regulations and name a squad of 25.

:lol: Really? It's about having players I can relate too and who know the mentality of the league personally.

What does that cunt know. Never quote that belltop.

Not saying Remy will play either like.

:lol:

The account is fucking hilarious, so much self importance.

Which you're adding to by following him... :angry:

:lol: Really? It's about having players I can relate too and who know the mentality of the league personally.

:nods: Zusi for Newcastle.

What does that cunt know. Never quote that belltop.

Not saying Remy will play either like.

:lol:

The account is fucking hilarious, so much self importance.

Which you're adding to by following him... :angry:

True, but it keeps me entertained.

This, even though you can't relate to them anymore. It's easier to pretend you can.

It's sad indictment of the North East in particular and England as whole we'll field a team next season without a single representative from the country we represent.

Makes me feel apathetic as fuck and I couldn't have more love for foreign football etc.

Guest Nikos34

Bent or Gomis would do nicely now (preferably Bent) but more importantly let's hope nobody is sold! I think we could surprise a few this season if Pards puts all our creative talent on the pitch at once

Why preferably Bent?  We have Cisse and Remy, two different strikers and Gomis would be another different option.  Bent's just a poor mans Cisse so he's not a different option, plus he's older than Gomis.  He seems like the worst option we could go for now.

I like to see a British backbone in the team throughout the 90 minutes. Bent is a proven Premier League goalscorer who is desperate to get back in the England fold for next summer. A lot of people seem to be well clued up on these foreign 'stars'. How often do they actually see them play? I've never seen Gomis, not once.

Bent or Gomis would do nicely now (preferably Bent) but more importantly let's hope nobody is sold! I think we could surprise a few this season if Pards puts all our creative talent on the pitch at once

Why preferably Bent?  We have Cisse and Remy, two different strikers and Gomis would be another different option.  Bent's just a poor mans Cisse so he's not a different option, plus he's older than Gomis.  He seems like the worst option we could go for now.

I agree. Nothing against Bent, he's a top striker for my money, but we could do with a powerful striker who could hold the ball up and Gomis fits the bill. We'd have any amount of strike options then.