Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we'd have ambition we'd battle for a CL spot:

Krul

Debuchy MYM Colo Haidara/Santon

Tiote

Anita Cabaye

HBA        Ba          Remy

Remy is quality. With a bit of ambition we could have kept him, and if we had set up the team to play some kind of football in the second half of the season, he would have added many more to his goal tally.

Anyone moaning about Remy's general play is splitting hairs or bitter IMO.  Quality player who can play across the front 3.  Think he'd stand a far greater chance at a top club than Demba Ba, he's a better footballer.

Even Demba's not really established himself at a top club though. Loic is quality by our standards but he is a bit of a lone gun, and I'm not sure the top clubs will be in for him. Let's see if the Liverpool talk comes to anything, although I'm not sure where he'd fit in there.

Is he though? It's not like Remy has missed many chances this season? I liked Ba, but for me Remy is just a better player in my opinion.

Remy's missed some sitters like, not that I think he's a bad finisher though, because I don't.  But I think Ba has an uncanny ability to get the ball in the net.

I wouldn't rule out Remy staying at QPR purely because of Fernandes' willingness to spend big wedge. He has far less than Ashley too

He'll have to spend enough on fines alone so not happening IMO.

Fernandes may be willing to spend but he clearly has no idea what he is doing, allowed them to be relegated then scraped getting back up. Shows you can spend all the money in the world but if you continue to make the wrong choices you won't go anywhere.

Remy will end up at Arsenal or somewhere.

Remy is a fine footballer. Will miss him b/c when he actually did play and score he celebrated and looked committed. Some of his celebrations were fun to see and that Chelsea winner will always be my favorite from him as it was the last time I felt something of pure joy and what if about this club. Sad really.

Is his all round game good enough for an Arsenal to be the lone front man? I'm not sure. Would be an excellent signing for clubs looking to break into the top 4. 

I don't think he or Demba are good enough to start regularly for a top 4 side. Demba' probably a better option off the bench.

Remy's best position isn't even as a CF IMO, but our dickhead manager played him there the majority of his games here because he needs someone to defend on the wings. Left hand side in a 4-3-3 is his best position IMO.

Is his all round game good enough for an Arsenal to be the lone front man? I'm not sure. Would be an excellent signing for clubs looking to break into the top 4. 

I don't think he or Demba are good enough to start regularly for a top 4 side. Demba' probably a better option off the bench.

I don't know about being Arsenal's front man, he's best when he's one of the wide forwards in a 4-3-3 but Arsenal don't use that formation. Other than that I agree, he's a cracking forward but his all round game isn't geared to setting up team mates which is why I'm not sure a top club will be in for him.

Suarez

Remy.              Coutinho.            Sturridge

Henderson.      Gerrard

Some front 6

Suarez

Remy.              Coutinho.            Sturridge

Henderson.      Gerrard

Some front 6

Kinda makes me want to die.

Guest bimpy474

Yet wobbly face said we couldn't buy Remy unless it was for mental money earlier in the season. Arry, another of lifes bullshitters.

@mattspiro  23m

France Football say Remy has concrete offer from #THFC but is prepared to wait. His people are in touch with #AFC. Rémy 'dreaming' of #CFC

@mattspiro  23m

France Football say Remy has concrete offer from #THFC but is prepared to wait. His people are in touch with #AFC. Rémy 'dreaming' of #CFC

Shocking choice.

@mattspiro  23m

Shocking choice.

:thup: Massively.  He'll be Demba Ba in no time if he goes there, he's not what Chelsea need.