Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How's the Aubameyang bid coming along? Can we expect him tomorrow?

Not that anyone believes me but I haven't heard anything else. Like I said my friend only heard from someone at Milan who were told by Dortmund that we made a bid which was close to what they want in an attempt to get Milan involved in a bidding war, nothing since then, obviously I'm assuming our bid has been rejected and no one has met Dortmund's valuation of him.

Remy's best asset is his pace and the ability to drive at defenders in space.

He might score goals, but he's at his best when he has space to run into.

Which is why he looked better on the left or off a main striker.

NPW dickhead.

Guest Howaythetoon

He did well for us and is obviously a good player but his overall game and performances were nothing special. He seemed a hit and miss player and many a time he simply didn't look arsed. If they can bring him in though it's a no brainer.

He did well for us and is obviously a good player but his overall game and performances were nothing special. He seemed a hit and miss player and many a time he simply didn't look arsed. If they can bring him in though it's a no brainer.

You kind of contradict yourself here, but I tend to agree with the first thing you said, he did do alright, finishing with only 14 goals though was somewhat of a disappointment after the start he made. Injuries obviously played a part in that but that's also got to be a concern, his durability to me, despite what Harry says is suspect and not likely to get any better the closer he gets to 30.

He scored 14 in 26 games, just for comparison purposes Lukaku had 15 in 31 I think.

If he joined us Permanently I would be delighted with that sort of rate again, of course would like he play more games though.

Not disappointing at all IMO, not many forwards average 1 in 2 in the league.

The cost really doesn't effect us supporters, it's really immaterial. But if it prevents us from buying other players then it's a factor. 13 million is probably a fair price for him tbh, especially when you look at other deals  for strikers, this guy has proven he can score goals in this league. The thing that muddies that "value" of course is this 8 million release clause that Liverpool triggered. I'm of the opinion if we can get PEA and Remy for about the same price we roll the dice on PEA being able to adapt to the PL rather than Remy but if that's not an option Remy would be a welcome addition.

The cost really doesn't effect us supporters, it's really immaterial. But if it prevents us from buying other players then it's a factor. 13 million is probably a fair price for him tbh, especially when you look at other deals  for strikers, this guy has proven he can score goals in this league. The thing that muddies that "value" of course is this 8 million release clause that Liverpool triggered. I'm of the opinion if we can get PEA and Remy for about the same price we roll the dice on PEA being able to adapt to the PL rather than Remy but if that's not an option Remy would be a welcome addition.

Sensible.

Would take him back on a permanent deal, no hesitation.

For 13 million?  :lol: :lol:

At £8.5m he's a steal, at £13m you're paying a little over the top, but we're getting the added benefit of signing a striker we know scores goals for us, and we have two new strikers for him to play off and to take some of the goal scoring burden off him.

Soccer Sauce @soccer_sauce  ·  4h

Just in:We understand Newcastle are set to hold further talks with #QPR and Loic Remy (and agent) tomorrow in London #NUFC

That's the 'twitter talk' I was on about. Not exactly reliable. :lol:

Just in:We understand Newcastle are set to hold further talks with #QPR and Loic Remy (and agent) tomorrow in London #NUFC

another loan? hope not.

another loan? hope not.

Remy won't be going out on loan again as QPR are once again a Premiership club.