Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would take him back on a permanent deal, no hesitation.

For 13 million?  :lol: :lol:

At £8.5m he's a steal, at £13m you're paying a little over the top, but we're getting the added benefit of signing a striker we know scores goals for us, and we have two new strikers for him to play off and to take some of the goal scoring burden off him.

Funny I could have sworn a striker with a similar record who cost 28m was seen as a bargain yesterday.

You won't get a 1 in 2 striker for less than 15m anywhere to say it's OTT in this day in age is laughable.

If he scored 15-20 goals next season then he will make up about 70%-80% of his fee (£13m-£15m). Right now he is in his prime, and yes we are hardly likely to re-coup that money back but we need to spend this amount of money for any player who going to score that many goals.

I'd certainly take him for £13m, sure there are players out there who are younger and possibly available for about the same price (PEA), but what you have to remember is that if we sign PEA and he scores 15-20 goals next season then he's going to leave and this time next year or in the January transfer window next season we are going to be here sitting thinking about who we will get, if there is anyone to get. If Remy comes here then you have to admit that it's highly unlikely that he's going to get a move to a bigger club because of his age, and now medical history, clubs will have different targets and we get to have Remy for 3-4, maybe 5 years.

As long as the Remy we saw last year wasn't based on a man playing for a world cup spot and/or a move to a high profile club (just not us), I'd be cool. I don't have anything concrete to back that fear up, I admit it's irrational, but I also can't shake it.

As long as the Remy we saw last year wasn't based on a man playing for a world cup spot and/or a move to a high profile club (just not us), I'd be cool. I don't have anything concrete to back that fear up, I admit it's irrational, but I also can't shake it.

He seemed to do well for QPR, has done well at Lyon and OM, apart from when he was played out of position or injured. There is nothing to really suggest he's a season before international tournament form player.

Nah I think he's just genuinely a quality player. Showed it at every club he's been at, the game comes natural to him. Motivation is the factor here but i'd still love him back at Newcastle.

The cost really doesn't effect us supporters, it's really immaterial. But if it prevents us from buying other players then it's a factor. 13 million is probably a fair price for him tbh, especially when you look at other deals  for strikers, this guy has proven he can score goals in this league. The thing that muddies that "value" of course is this 8 million release clause that Liverpool triggered. I'm of the opinion if we can get PEA and Remy for about the same price we roll the dice on PEA being able to adapt to the PL rather than Remy but if that's not an option Remy would be a welcome addition.

Spot on :thup:

If he scored 15-20 goals next season then he will make up about 70%-80% of his fee (£13m-£15m). Right now he is in his prime, and yes we are hardly likely to re-coup that money back but we need to spend this amount of money for any player who going to score that many goals.

I'd certainly take him for £13m, sure there are players out there who are younger and possibly available for about the same price (PEA), but what you have to remember is that if we sign PEA and he scores 15-20 goals next season then he's going to leave and this time next year or in the January transfer window next season we are going to be here sitting thinking about who we will get, if there is anyone to get. If Remy comes here then you have to admit that it's highly unlikely that he's going to get a move to a bigger club because of his age, and now medical history, clubs will have different targets and we get to have Remy for 3-4, maybe 5 years.

Crucial time for Remy really.. If the medical part is true he is going to struggle to be attractive for many of the top teams he wants to go to, certainly at premium price and wages. He can still do far better than us but his next move is a crucial one. Maybe a great season with QPR may attract some suitors. If not how long before they get into Europe?

Guest Roger Kint

He's a natural goalscorer, footballer and athlete. He's the best striker we've had here since Bellamy left.

This. Who gives a shit if he is worth £10m, £12m or £15m? just sign the fucker, its not like we are breaking the bank