Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't see how these Southampton players are going to improve Liverpool. They finished 8th ffs. We would have finished ahead of them if we didn't completely capitulate

Maybe Brenda will improve the players which will in turn improve Liverpool?

I don't see how these Southampton players are going to improve Liverpool. They finished 8th ffs. We would have finished ahead of them if we didn't completely capitulate

Maybe Brenda will improve the players which will in turn improve Liverpool?

As a Newcastle United fan, I can safely say that in the past 8 years I've never seen a player improve significantly since joining our club, ergo it cannot happen anywhere else either.

We can't do better though that's the point. We are utterly useless I'm bringing players in who cost a fair bit.

I was referring to attitude over ability but agree based on the amount we are prepared to spend, £8.5M for him is good value if his head is in the right place.  I am not sure it is.

I would happily swallow what little pride we have left and take him for the benefit of the goals he would bring to the team.

But... the important condition to me would be no release clauses (which he seems to like, so probably no deal then.) We've seen before with Ba the destabilising effect, with Pardew picking the team & formation to appease 1 player in the hope of him not leaving. And after all that, all it takes is for a CL club to show a little interest and the player is fucking off with all the loyalty of a female rabbit on her first heat a few hours before we've got a game leaving us up shit creek.

Plus the ensuing circus every transfer window would do my head in. Really not worth the bother and would rather look elsewhere than accept a release clause.

Remy

Cabella  De Jong  Ben Arfa

Wont happen but it does look good on paper that front four. (No i don't mean Remy as a cm.)

How did you guys feel about Remy's performances up front last season i.e. when he was the spearhead? Didn't think it worked that well, as he was often isolated. In a team like Arsenal or Liverpool, it would look much better, but thought he worked out for us better when on the left.

Would be interesting to know how many goals he scored by the position he played in i.e. on the left and up front.

I do agree but the dynamic would hopefully be a little different with Cabella and De Jong instead of Gouffran and Cabaye.

Nothing on Cabaye, but it was never natural for him to play that position.

I still doubt we'll sign him mind.

How did you guys feel about Remy's performances up front last season i.e. when he was the spearhead? Didn't think it worked that well, as he was often isolated. In a team like Arsenal or Liverpool, it would look much better, but thought he worked out for us better when on the left.

Would be interesting to know how many goals he scored by the position he played in i.e. on the left and up front.

According to http://www.transfermarkt.com/loic-remy/leistungsdaten/spieler/45121/saison/2013  he spent most of his time as a CF.  Not sure how reliable this info is though.

According to http://www.transfermarkt.com/loic-remy/leistungsdaten/spieler/45121/saison/2013  he spent most of his time as a CF.  Not sure how reliable this info is though.

Probably right, as we abandoned the 4-3-3 quite early on in the season.

Interesting that he scored two doubles playing on the left early on.

Guest Haris Vuckic

For 4-3-3 Remy on the left and Ben Arfa on the right was class the couple of times it was played - we could have murdered teams playing that consistently.

Teams don't know where to look.

For 4-3-3 Remy on the left and Ben Arfa on the right was class the couple of times it was played - we could have murdered teams playing that consistently.

Teams don't know where to look.

Yep, there was no reason to deviate from that whatsoever.  Still, Gouffran and Sissoko as wingers in 442 was just as good.

"It's a straightforward deal if Loic and QPR decide to do business with us," Pardew told BBC Newcastle.

"The results speak for themselves, the fans loved him and I think it's a great place for him personally.

"There is a lot of baggage in the way at the moment because of what happened at Liverpool, and the fact he has a parent club in QPR.

"But I wouldn't say we're not interested in him, of course we would be."