Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QPR are now in the same league as we are, and we are both not in Europe. He's not going to come here. If he leaves it will be to someone that offers more than QPR and we do.

Very surprised at the lack of interest from clubs in this league, even before his 'failed' medical. The price he is available for is a bargain.

Only if it's the £8m that Liverpool agreed. No one's going to pay £15m for a 28 year old with a medical history.

Very surprised at the lack of interest from clubs in this league, even before his 'failed' medical. The price he is available for is a bargain.

Only if it's the £8m that Liverpool agreed. No one's going to pay £15m for a 28 year old with a medical history.

We all have medical histories.

This is probably a really stupid question but did Remy have a medical here before joining on loan? Do players have medicals for loans?  :lol:

Yes and yes.

Like trying to lure a fit bird with a bag of chips while she has her eyes on others with better prospects. Might be in with a chance if he gets desperate.

I'd take chips over prospects any day. 

My biggest concern here is that this will distract us from other targets like PEA or whatshisname at Lyon. Think either of them would be a better investment (and lets face that's what our players are to our owner) than Remy. I would like to see us wrap up a striker plus Grenier by the end of this week, to give the whole squad time to gell for the new season.

My biggest concern here is that this will distract us from other targets like PEA or whatshisname at Lyon. Think either of them would be a better investment (and lets face that's what our players are to our owner) than Remy. I would like to see us wrap up a striker plus Grenier by the end of this week, to give the whole squad time to gell for the new season.

Probably because there is even less chance of getting them than Remy.

We fly out to Germany tomorrow. There is no way we are signing anyone until after we come back on Sunday/Monday.

We fly out to Germany tomorrow. There is no way we are signing anyone until after we come back on Sunday/Monday.

I thought Charnely did all the negotiations what part of the process is Pardew and the team needed for ? I said Ideally, I don't think it will happen either though but not for that reason, tbh as long as a striker and Grenier are signed before the window closes I'll be happy.

How did you guys feel about Remy's performances up front last season i.e. when he was the spearhead? Didn't think it worked that well, as he was often isolated. In a team like Arsenal or Liverpool, it would look much better, but thought he worked out for us better when on the left.

Would be interesting to know how many goals he scored by the position he played in i.e. on the left and up front.

I think his chief asset is the strength that he shows in the penalty box. Get the ball to his feet and he can usually muscle his way into a shooting opportunity. So I'd prefer to see him operating centrally, even though he's not the greatest playing in a target man role.

My other hesitation is he's a bit greedy. He'll often try to do something himself when he should be releasing the ball to a man in a better position.

He'd definitely be an improvement on our current situation, but really it depends on what our alternatives are.

How did you guys feel about Remy's performances up front last season i.e. when he was the spearhead? Didn't think it worked that well, as he was often isolated. In a team like Arsenal or Liverpool, it would look much better, but thought he worked out for us better when on the left.

Would be interesting to know how many goals he scored by the position he played in i.e. on the left and up front.

I think his chief asset is the strength that he shows in the penalty box. Get the ball to his feet and he can usually muscle his way into a shooting opportunity. So I'd prefer to see him operating centrally, even though he's not the greatest playing in a target man role.

My other hesitation is he's a bit greedy. He'll often try to do something himself when he should be releasing the ball to a man in a better position.

He'd definitely be an improvement on our current situation, but really it depends on what our alternatives are.

Pardew is at the entrance by the "You must be this tall to play for this club" sign. Blob Elliott sits on em till to stop em leaving while Saylor visits their family and sends menacing selfies to drive down the wages. 

I thought Charnely did all the negotiations what part of the process is Pardew and the team needed for ? I said Ideally, I don't think it will happen either though but not for that reason, tbh as long as a striker and Grenier are signed before the window closes I'll be happy.

Players usually like to talk to the manager to see where the club is going, where he will fit in etc. It maybe different with Remy considering he played for us last season. I'm sure Charnley would be travelling out to Germany as well, though there is 'twitter talk' that he's in London tomorrow to meet with Remy's representatives.