Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why do you assume I'm content or underestimating anything? I'm neither, I just don't think it's realistic to expect the deals done by now.

Your 'saving the panic' comment is pretty naive if you can't see what's right in front of your eyes. Did you learn nothing from the relegation campaign?

At what point would you panic Ian? When we've taken 3 points from the next 9 available? Or in injury time of the last game of the season when we're staring down the barrel of a gun?

I don't really know what time I would panic, certainly not on January the 9th. Obviously I would absolutely love Remy to play in the next 3 games, and a new CB as well, but I just think it's not realistic.

I'm not making a general point about our league status or danger of relegation, I'm talking about the belief that Remy should be signed and sealed by now.

We'll have to beg to differ on that then because I do think it is reasonable to have the deal done by now.

I don't really know why we weren't finalising terms in December to announce on Jan 1st tbqh. It's not like he's been getting a start every week and his status in the squad is untouchable. If they're prepared to listen to offers now then they would have been in December.

Obviously, we've been waiting for the Ba deal to go through, but I believe we've needed a quality option up front in addition to Ba & Cisse for a long while and don't agree with the approach the Owner has taken as it puts us at risk over the next few games.

If we win them then he'll be proven correct. If we lose them then he should have invested earlier frankly. I know which I would be doing given the form, injury situation and lack of momentum in the squad at the moment.

Oh, and the fact, we've just lost our top scorer.

I can't believe how tight everyone's standards are about doing these deals. When in the history of football have everyone's transfer targets been tied up on 9th Jan?

I want him here as much as anyone, I just think we need to save the panic until it's warranted.

You're a parody these days, bro  :(

I'm convinced you're actually a West Ham fan.

Why do you assume I'm content or underestimating anything? I'm neither, I just don't think it's realistic to expect the deals done by now.

Your 'saving the panic' comment is pretty naive if you can't see what's right in front of your eyes. Did you learn nothing from the relegation campaign?

At what point would you panic Ian? When we've taken 3 points from the next 9 available? Or in injury time of the last game of the season when we're staring down the barrel of a gun?

I don't really know what time I would panic, certainly not on January the 9th. Obviously I would absolutely love Remy to play in the next 3 games, and a new CB as well, but I just think it's not realistic.

I'm not making a general point about our league status or danger of relegation, I'm talking about the belief that Remy should be signed and sealed by now.

We'll have to beg to differ on that then because I do think it is reasonable to have the deal done by now.

I don't really know why we weren't finalising terms in December to announce on Jan 1st tbqh. It's not like he's been getting a start every week and his status in the squad is untouchable. If they're prepared to listen to offers now then they would have been in December.

Obviously, we've been waiting for the Ba deal to go through, but I believe we've needed a quality option up front in addition to Ba & Cisse for a long while and don't agree with the approach the Owner has taken as it puts us at risk over the next few games.

If we win them then he'll be proven correct. If we lose them then he should have invested earlier frankly. I know which I would be doing given the form, injury situation and lack of momentum in the squad at the moment.

Fair points, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Fair points, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

:thup:

Some world-class panic stations right there.

@davidmcrossan: #om coach Baup on #remy: 'he's still here, maybe he'll still be here this summer. He's not focused on a transfer'

Nor was Debuchy and then 5 days later he'd arrived here. Smoke and mirrors.

Pards was saying similar things about Ba and then a day or two later he's gone. Managers bullshit in windows

Guest icemanblue

But not panicking?

Shola is panic-inducing tbh. Unfortunately, not for the opposition.

A fair point. I do think there's a strong element of panic in most of the cynical posts, though.

@davidmcrossan: #om coach Baup on #remy: 'he's still here, maybe he'll still be here this summer. He's not focused on a transfer'

Nor was Debuchy and then 5 days later he'd arrived here. Smoke and mirrors.

Pards was saying similar things about Ba and then a day or two later he's gone. Managers bullshit in windows

Managers, owners, chairmen, presidents etc etc they all do it, its best to take anything from people like that during the window with a huge pile of salt tbh.

But not panicking?

Shola is panic-inducing tbh. Unfortunately, not for the opposition.

A fair point. I do think there's a strong element of panic in most of the cynical posts, though.

It's sometimes hard to separate the two, especially on here. It's far too early to panic though, the time to panic is deadline day when we start to hear David Craig telling SSN about eight hours before the deadline that 'NUFC are done for the window' and we've not got the bodies.

We need 7 wins to be absolutely sure of safety. Those who aren't panicking need to think about that a moment.

Tbf i don't think we will need that many as i'm not sure those below us are capable of getting 40 points but i do understand where you're coming from.

Who's panicking? Apart from Skirge.

There are a load of posts raging at the club because this deal isn't done yet.

Scandinavians.

Cool as the center seed of a cucumber.

:occasion14:

http://tcsprencel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/scandinavians.jpg

We need 7 wins to be absolutely sure of safety. Those who aren't panicking need to think about that a moment.

Tbf i don't think we will need that many as i'm not sure those below us are capable of getting 40 points but i do understand where you're coming from.

Alright then 6 wins and 2 draws where are they coming from? :lol: