Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can categorically state that not a single player is on £100,000-a-week. The wage we are paying Loïc Rémy is the wage that Newcastle were offering him. I just persuaded him that our project and London was a better project than Newcastle’s.

“We paid what Newcastle were offering. I spent a lot of time and effort and he saw something in this project that he wanted to take a risk. If it doesn’t work then we can find him somewhere else.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/9844172/Queens-Park-Rangers-chairman-Tony-Fernandes-says-Premier-League-club-will-not-become-a-Portsmouth.html

Obviously.

I didn't think it was possible for Fernandes to make himself look more clueless than he already is, but that article really has stepped it up a gear for him. Transfer market.com  :lol: wrong age of players  :lol:  temporary getting wages off the books as a masterplan  (not thinking they'll all be back next season) :lol: and saying Remy has a great resale value should the worst happen, then putting in a £0 release clause should the worst happen.  :lol: :lol:

Guy is a complete tool. Businessman? Fucker got lucky.

Samba may not be on a £100kpw, but i bet he's on something like £80kpw and a £30k appearance bonus, meaning he's actually going to be on more than that during the season.

Funny how things work out though. I think if we'd bought this lad, Sissoko would have joined in the summer.

Funny how things work out though. I think if we'd bought this lad, Sissoko would have joined in the summer.

Whereas, now, Remy will be offered to us (cut price) when QPR go down.

Would we want him though?

I've decided to believe that this was a Pardew-Carr double bluff Raccoon trap. We never wanted Loic, but knew Arry would go after our targets.

TBH Arry was after Remy already when he was at Spurs. So we knew he really wanted him anyway.

I can categorically state that not a single player is on £100,000-a-week. The wage we are paying Loïc Rémy is the wage that Newcastle were offering him. I just persuaded him that our project and London was a better project than Newcastle’s.

We paid what Newcastle were offering. I spent a lot of time and effort and he saw something in this project that he wanted to take a risk. If it doesn’t work then we can find him somewhere else.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/9844172/Queens-Park-Rangers-chairman-Tony-Fernandes-says-Premier-League-club-will-not-become-a-Portsmouth.html

I think he's had your eyes out there Tony  :yao:

Whereas, now, Remy will be offered to us (cut price) when QPR go down.

Would we want him though?

The problem Remy will find now is trying to find another club that'll match the wages he's currently on. We certainly won't.

Also, I assume with the alleged £0 release clause, if he does decide there isn't another opportunity as good as the contract he's on, QPR will be screwed. Could easily sit out his contract in the Championship and cripple the club.

Choosing the money over the better opportunity footballing wise here has put me off the player completely.

Say we gave him £70,000 a week instead of £40,000 we were rumoured to in the summer, a 5 year contract would still be less outlay that if we paid the £8.3m or whatever it was we had accepted and the £40k a week wages.