Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We should offer Campbell in a swap loan deal & if Remy is found not guilty then we pay the fee. Harry would be great for Adam, could really bring on his game way more than Pardew would keeping him here.

Harry with his fantastic history of bringing through young players. Like Kanu.

Or when he tried to sell Bale to Birmingham.

ferdinand, lampard, carrick, cole

Shhhhhhh he wasn't looking as far back as The Hammers

:D

Ah yes, because what he did over fifteen years ago is more relevant than what he's done in all the time since then.

In fairness though I did say history so bigger fool me.

Really not the slightest bit surprised we are back in for him. Cut price deal for someone we've courted previously and for ages, and he's available. Mouthwatering criteria for Ashley. Quite naive to think we wouldn't look to sign him again in the Summer if QPR were relegated.

The rape case is an obvious complication. As someone mentioned he'll no doubt get the sack if he's found guilty, a verdict which would surprise me tbh.

How can you say that about a case you know f*** all about unless you were the one raped  :idiot2:

To be fair, there is a popular conception that conviction rates in rape cases are low. Basically of reported rapes (i.e. someone complains to the police) about 13% will result in a conviction.

That being said when a rape is actually charged (ie the CPS decide there is sufficient evidence to prosecute) the conviction rate is actually around 60%. Note Remy has not, and may not be charged. 

What does this mean? Well it's difficult to form a clear opinion on the figures. That being said that 60% conviction rate includes cases where people plead guilty. So the conviction rate after a trial is placed at about 50%.

In Remy's case on the face of it there are 3 people accused. If they all have the same story then it's likely a jury couldn't be sure.  But until we know what the evidence is (I.e. what is actually said in the Courtroom) it is difficult to predict.

Does your figures take into account yo-yo knickered chancers & intellectually challenged millionaire lotharios?

Not that I`m suggesting this case involves any of these, but as far as footballers are concerned, it tends to go with the territory

It says in the Evening Standard tonight Hooper might be going to Norwich now which might affect our chances of getting Remy.

Rubbish, Remy has a release clause cause QPR went down.

Yeah its the rape case that has delayed him leaving QPR, he gets found not guilty before the transfer window closes there will be a good few clubs who meet the fee to activate the clause.

Ut will then be upto him where he ends up.

SSN just said we've made a loan offer.

Actually, it's on the yellow ticker!

Can only imagine that a permanent move would be contingent on the outcome of his court case. Either way, can't see QPR accepting that.

Look up. O0

Yeah yeah  :lol:

It's a good move by us. Even if qpr demand the transfer goes through regardless of form in January should the court case get cleared its still a good move.

What is Remy's release clause btw?

circa £6m allegedly.

A combined 13m for 2 international strikers sounds like good business to me. Solves a decent chunk of our problems too. :notbad: