Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Redknapp said: “I don’t think he will go on loan. I can’t see any sense in it. I don’t know why we’d pay £8million and then loan him out. If he was to go, someone will have to pay for him. He has a buy-out clause and we want our money back.”

Ah well, next!

It would be nice to get Remy, but if he ends up stuck in the Championship it would be quite hilarious.

Hope he then gets injured and QPR struggle for goals, and crash and burn.

Karma.

I don't think Redknapp has any say in transfers anyway but what he's come out with is completely moronic. QPR have shot themselves in the foot and have no negotiating power whatsoever as a consequence. As if they wouldn't jump at the chance to get rid of those hefty wages while in the Championship.

IMO I never really believed Remy would go out on loan. Never.

QPR are full of it. They'll never admit they messed up, and take a hit like that.

Hopefully Remy gets stuck in the Championship in a World Cup year. The dufus.

Tbh Fernandes a few times this summer has shown he's the boss when it comes to transfers.

What's happened to give you such a positive outlook in recent days? Have you been drinking IanW's piss?

I've just been called always angry in another thread.  :lol:

I feel we are going about this the right way. Its slow and painful but hopefully at the end its all good. If we fail, gomis moves to another club and QPR refuse to let Remy leave on loan, then hide the razor blades and buckfast, but right now its not as bad as people want to make out, even if time is beating us a bit with pre-season evaporating.

Why haven't they rejected our bid then?

Because Arry is talking out of his arse as per usual.

I wouldn't be so sure. It was always wishful thinking he would join us on loan, with them paying a part (probably the majority knowing how we take the piss in negotiations) of his wages.

Guest icemanblue

I wouldn't be so sure. It was always wishful thinking he would join us on loan, with them paying a part (probably the majority knowing how we take the piss in negotiations) of his wages.

So, why haven't they rejected it? The offer was very well publicised, so I imagine their response would be too.

Fernandes also seemed to want to lend some players out with a view to retrieving them when they won promotion.

I'm sure the rest of their squad will be thrilled about that.

The rest of the squad would probably be sold anyway if they won promotion, or at least the ones who would whinge about him coming back, because more than likely they'd be the weaker squad members.

Also don't players often whinge about lack of ambition when clubs don't invest in the squad (okay, just us) so it would make sense they would want the better players back surely?

Apparently a major problem for QPR last season was a split between the players on low wages who won promotion, and the ones who Fernandes then brought in on huge wages. Unless the second group had turned out to be well-motivated superstars, there was bound to be a problem.

The situation could easily repeat itself if they loan and then re-claim some of those high earners. And generally it's not a great way of motivating your existing players if they know from past experience that if they do well, they'll effectively be replaced.

I think this type of situation is a more common dilemma for clubs and managers than is widely acknowledged. It's a bit like the story of the Chairman whose team has won a trophy, who pops his head round the dressing room door and says, 'Well done lads. We can now afford to get some decent players'.

I'm going to positive and not read too much in to that. If they were so keen to keep him he'd have featured in their pre-season games which he hasn't.

Beggars belief Julio Cesar & Esteban Granero are still there like.

I wouldn't be so sure. It was always wishful thinking he would join us on loan, with them paying a part (probably the majority knowing how we take the p*ss in negotiations) of his wages.

So, why haven't they rejected it? The offer was very well publicised, so I imagine their response would be too.

Why would they reject it? Do they automatically have to accept our offer if it goes unanswered for a certain amount of time or something? If you receive a pisstake offer for one of your best players, I personally wouldn't even bother dignifying it with a reaction tbh.

Guest icemanblue

I wouldn't be so sure. It was always wishful thinking he would join us on loan, with them paying a part (probably the majority knowing how we take the p*ss in negotiations) of his wages.

Why would they reject it? Do they automatically have to accept our offer if it goes unanswered for a certain amount of time or something? If you receive a pisstake offer for one of your best players, I personally wouldn't even bother dignifying it with a reaction tbh.

Because they don't want to accept it? What with it being a piss take and all.

That particular reaction goes against everything that has been reported in the media, as well as a tweet from their Chairman. I'd be surprised if that was the case.

Guest bimpy474

Charlie Austin just signed for Q.P.R., no idea if it'll have a knock on effect with this. Helps a bit i suppose.