Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When the next line is "And when you consider Gouffran has done well, that’s not a bad CV."  it sounds like he's trying to say gouffran is good but Remy is even better. Just went about it in the worst way.

But accurate, as much as I like Yoan

Well yeah. :lol: I just don't think Bernard went out of his way to shit on Goof Troop.

Gouffran is playing out of position imo so like Ba and Cisse he won't look as good out there, that said he looked better than those.

If he was played centrally more often I reckon a few would rate him more highly.

We'd expect far more from him centrally, though. Obviously we all forgive the fact that he creates very little and doesn't beat players because it's not really his game. Through the middle he'd have to justify his selection through goals, and he doesn't have the strongest track record of doing that.

We'd expect far more from him centrally, though. Obviously we all forgive the fact that he creates very little and doesn't beat players because it's not really his game. Through the middle he'd have to justify his selection through goals, and he doesn't have the strongest track record of doing that.

Gouffran for me was a Kevin Gallacher type of signing. A neat, tidy, relatively pacey, low budget forward who'll get the odd goal and give the team a decent footballer to work with, but is far too lightweight to be in the first team if we want to actually get anywhere. A decent stopgap signing when the squad was thin, but we need to do better to move forward.

Tbf in France when they moved from winger to striker his goal return was much better.

23 in 51 to be exact, ok not exactly lethal but still respectable return and we don't know how he would do in a central berth in England yet.

He's clearly a striker though, Remy is clearly better but he's still a good player who i am happy to have.

Gouffran's a good player. I'd like to see him in the team more often than not next season, regardless of how many strikers we sign.

---------------- Cabaye ---- Sissoko ----------------

HBA ----------------- Gouffran ---------------- Remy

------------------------- Cisse --------------------------

I'd like to see something like that, set up to be as fluid as possible. I predict it'll be 4-4-2 though with Cisse and Remy up front with a bunch of mis-matches across a flat four in midfield.

More like

-------Cabs----Marv----Sisso

Remy---------------------------Benny

----------------Cisse

Best possible outcome tbh, although you would have to be exceedingly clever to make a winning team out of that front 6.

Something i probably would trusted Keegan or Sir Bobby to do but not so much Pardew.

Hopefully he can prove me wrong because its clearly our best front 6 if Remy joins.

Gouffran isn't a second striker, man. Not at all.

I don't see why he couldn't play just off the striker. Collecting the ball, operating the channels and hovering around the edge of the box/arriving late.

More like

-------Cabs--------------Sisso

----------------Giuff

Remy---------------------------Benny

----------------Cisse

I'd be equally happy with that, tbh.

I'd rather Marv in there instead of Guoff as I first posted but as it was a Remy vs Gouff type debate I changes it.

Guest neesy111

I don't see Gouffran as a 2nd striker at all.  We need a 2nd striker to put the ball in the net.

Gouffran isn't a second striker, man. Not at all.

I don't see why he couldn't play just off the striker. Collecting the ball, operating the channels and hovering around the edge of the box/arriving late.

I just think we'd get overrun. At least if someone like Marveaux was there he'd be able to drop deep into tight spots, get the ball and drive us forward with his dribbling.

Gouffran's a good all-round striker. I think his reputation probably suffers a bit because there's no one aspect of his game that really stands out. But he's pretty good at making something from any situation that he finds himself in. Good team player.

I don't see Gouffran as a 2nd striker at all.  We need a 2nd striker to put the ball in the net.

Have absolutely no doubt Gouffran could score provided he wasn't plonked on the wing and/or receiving balls to his head all the time (arf).

Tbf we don't know how good he would be as he's hardly played there.

I do agree mind if Gouffran is playing he's going to be one of two forwards and we do need him to score more than he has.

I'm sure he would though.

Gouffran's a good all-round striker. I think his reputation probably suffers a bit because there's no one aspect of his game that really stands out. But he's pretty good at making something from any situation that he finds himself in. Good team player.

:thup:

Ideal squad player for us.