Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

On paper I'd go with this:

Krul

Debuchy.      Mbiwa.        Coloccini.      Santon

Sissoko.      Cabaye    Marveaux

HBA.                Cisse.          Remy

Taylor in for Mbiwa and that's one hell of a side.

I missed when you said it before Ron but what's the thing you worry about with Colo and Mapou together ?

Guest bimpy474

Can anyone think of a loan-spell which has transformed a club, i.e. made them considerably better?

Landon Donovan to Everton, always thought that made Everton much better.

Krul

I missed when you said it before Ron but what's the thing you worry about with Colo and Mapou together ?

Both very vulnerable in the air, and to physically dominant players. I'd rather Mapou be Colo's eventual replacement than his partner.

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Both very vulnerable in the air, and to physically dominant players. I'd rather Mapou be Colo's eventual replacement than his partner.

Ah, yeah could be a bit of a problem. I'd like to see them together just out of curiosity. Not many teams sling crosses in nowadays, i kind of like the thought of Colo's cool play with Mapou's pace alongside him.

Even more with Mbiwa in there. The guy's tiny for a CB.

You don't need two towering cb's, the problem is we haven't got even one who is dominant in the air.

You need at least one who can do it, and Taylor's the best in the air by far.

Personally i'd like to see Mapou with Colo. He's more composed in his defending and most of all he gives us recovery pace. I think he'll look stronger in every way this season as he's more prepared for what's to come. I really think they'll form a nice partnership given the chance.

Against the lesser teams and most home games i'd reaaaally like to see a front four with:

Cissé

Remy        Marveaux  Ben Arfa

Has he even played LW much or is he automatically being turned in to a trend inverted forward?

I've always thought of him as a through the middle striker, I have to say I'm nowhere near as convinced as everyone else that he'll be good on the wing.

Taylors like half an inch taller than Yanga-Mbiwa.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,93045.msg4525954.html#msg4525954

Aye.

Did you look at their posture rather then just the top of their heads?  Taylors standing with his usual puffed out chest while Yanga-Mbiwa's leaning forward a bit.  According to all official info they're 1.86m and 1.84m respectively.

I'd like to see them given a go as a partnership and hope they are working together in training that way. Mapou played the position Taylor did at Montpellier and he does have a decent leap on him, I think he was just given an absolute harsh lesson towards the end of the season. Wishful thinking of course. I just don't trust Taylor one bit to stay fit or gain that consistency.

Back to topic that's a brilliant starting 11 posted above (on paper).

OMW - Gone from apathetic to getting pretty excited for the season.....

whoooodathunkit

I'd still like another 2 players, one more striker/forward, one winger who can oust Obertan and Jonas.

Gomis and Thauvin/Ince :)

Playing in the League Cup as we speak, so cup tied so out of the question. :(

OMW - Gone from apathetic to getting pretty excited for the season.....

whoooodathunkit

I'd still like another 2 players, one more striker/forward, one winger who can oust Obertan and Jonas.

Gomis and Thauvin/Ince :)

Playing in the League Cup as we speak, so cup tied so out of the question. :(

£2m knocked off the price.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,93045.msg4525954.html#msg4525954

Aye.

I think I'd trust official info over a analysis based on a photo where either person could simply be standing slightly differently.

Official info. :lol:

Mapou's tiny for a CB, it's that simple and it isn't a good idea to partner him with one of the physically (and aerially) weakest CBs in the league. It's a pointless argument anyway because Taylor and Colo are seen as our best combo by Pardew.

You don't need two towering cb's, the problem is we haven't got even one who is dominant in the air.

You need at least one who can do it, and Taylor's the best in the air by far.

Taylor's not much better than Colo for me, I wouldn't call him particularly dominant over a physically imposing player.

Aye.

I think I'd trust official info over a analysis based on a photo where either person could simply be standing slightly differently.

Official info. :lol:

Mapou's tiny for a CB, it's that simple and it isn't a good idea to partner him with one of the physically (and aerially) weakest CBs in the league. It's a pointless argument anyway because Taylor and Colo are seen as our best combo by Pardew.

Oh sorry I didn't realise it was "that simple" I better not argue if you've decided :lol:  As I said I trust measurements given for him over a dodgy comparison any day.  If you have a good comparison showing this huge height difference then I'd change my mind.  I've had the discussion about center backs pairings so I'm not really bothered about that.