Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What club could he go to though? Liverpool, Spurs, Man Utd, Man City all have their forwards in place and arguably better than Remy while Arsenal and Chelsea will look for someone better.

Don't get me wrong he's fantastic but unless he likes the bench we are probably the best choice, if he wants to play in England that is.

Speaking on footballing terms, I absolutely loved the few attempts at creative link-up between he and Gouffran. They look infinitely more intelligent playing together with dummys and what not. I know not all of them came off and Gouff didn't make much an impact, but it was promising.

Speaking on footballing terms, I absolutely loved the few attempts at creative link-up between he and Gouffran. They look infinitely more intelligent playing together with dummys and what not. I know not all of them came off and Gouff didn't make much an impact, but it was promising.

Yeah, I noticed this too. They've got a good understanding.

Would love to see them both start a game.

What club could he go to though? Liverpool, Spurs, Man Utd, Man City all have their forwards in place and arguably better than Remy while Arsenal and Chelsea will look for someone better.

Don't get me wrong he's fantastic but unless he likes the bench we are probably the best choice, if he wants to play in England that is.

I think it really depends on what sort of season we have. If we are bottom half like last season then fringe clubs like Swansea, Everton and others who place better might come into the picture.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loic-remy-deal-place-newcastle-6083912

Loic Remy deal in place if Newcastle United want it

The Journal-24 minutes agoShare

Newcastle United have negotiated an option to buy Loic Remy in the loan agreement struck with Queens Park Rangers over the summer. Remy has made a ...

We better fucking follow through with this (provided he's innocent of course...).

I thought he was pretty crap myself.  Seemed slower than I remember, didn't look great in the air, albeit against Distin and challenging for pointless long balls.  Seemed lazy and uninterested as well and his touch was off.  Still managed to score and be one of our better players mind :lol: 

Fuck we're bad.

Guest icemanblue

He's twice the striker Gouffran will ever be, and so much more clinical. I think the idea in playing him as the front man, was to finish our few chances on the break. That they never materialised isn't his fault. But, I understood the selection.

He's twice the striker Gouffran will ever be, and so much more clinical. I think the idea in playing him as the front man, was to finish our few chances on the break. That they never materialised isn't his fault. But, I understood the selection.

Thought it was as rubbish a selection as it turned out to be, tbh.

Like anyone who gets lumbered with Pardew's CF role - Remy barely had an impact in the first half because he was isolated and fed off scraps. Meanwhile, all the impetus was put back on Ben Arfa to be the creative force in the final third; and unless he's at his brilliant best, he's not going to get the better of three defenders every time he's got the ball. Meanwhile, Gouffran's never within about 20 yards of the 'target man'.

Putting Remy in the middle - with our only attacking gameplan being: 'chipped through pass' or 'give it to Hatam' - made it as easy for Everton to defend against as it was for them to attack us. The entire first half was an absolute stroll in the park for them and I doubt they'll have an easier 45 minutes all season.

To discount Everton's very obvious complacency and to focus purely on our game, our attacking 'improved' in the second half with the introduction of Cabaye, because we at least had someone direct and accurate enough to play balls forward, and on the ground.

The whole thing was just a fucking catastrophe imo. From the manager and a lot of the players too.

Thought he wasn't really in the game while it mattered. Their CBs had our lobs covered all evening. I can see the possibility of him and Gouf being an ok partnership. We don't have the players for a midfield 4 behind them though.

Guest icemanblue

Obviously, I don't agree that it was a 'terrible selection'. Can't argue with the rest, so have one of these :thup: .