Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Read some stuff about him coming off injured today? Not sure if I want him to miss the France matches or not tbh.

Original Jonas substitution was planned for Cabaye but Remy indicated that he had a twinge so they brought him off as a precaution.

Cue a load of anguish in the match thread about "defensive" Pardew :lol: guess we'd rather run Remy into the ground, just so we can complain about our players being injured. [/tinhat]

Read some stuff about him coming off injured today? Not sure if I want him to miss the France matches or not tbh.

Original Jonas substitution was planned for Cabaye but Remy indicated that he had a twinge so they brought him off as a precaution.

Cue a load of anguish in the match thread about "defensive" Pardew :lol: guess we'd rather run Remy into the ground, just so we can complain about our players being injured. [/tinhat]

Ben Arfa?

Ben Arfa?

Thought he was in the doghouse after Monday's non-performance?

Ben Arfa?

It's a more relevant sub than Jonas replacing an attacker.

Two world class finishes today - has to be said. :cool:

The first one was fine, nothing special. The second one was beautiful though.

Better than fine id say. Really hard to strike the ball from that angle precisely into the corner.

Ben Arfa?

It's a more relevant sub than Jonas replacing an attacker.

Don't think HBA was ever seriously in contention for a proper run out [/hindsight]

FWIW, Jonas actually got forward into some good positions (should have scored from the corner) and looked a hundred times the player that had been ran into the ground the last 18mths.

Not seen the whole game yet but those are the sort of scenarios where Jonas is going to be useful. Plenty of ball retention and work rate - they're his only attributes these days. He'll be a decent bench option this season, just hope he stays there.

From where I was standing, I thought Remy's first goal was deflected in. I have since seen the goal on MOTD and that is a great goal.

We need to sign Remy permanently sooner rather than later (provided he's innocent of any wrongdoing of course) - we should look to get something by January at the very latest.