Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Someone said "none of those players mentioned turned us down for a worse team purely for more money". I've said this many times but we've signed first team regulars from championship winning Lille and fucking Ajax. I'm sure we'd comfortably lose to both teams. Both teams constantly play in the PL.

All these fancy players that join us do so for the money and the opportunity of a big move.

When did Ajax last win anything worth winning? 1995? And Lille had 1 very good season in about 50 by the looks of it. Hardly Messi joining Oldham, is it?

Highly unlikely given his opinion of the area. Money talks though but then again that's the biggest stumbling block of them all really.

What is his opinion of the area? There was talk that he prefers to be in the capital, but then he was ready enough to sign for Liverpool.

Someone said "none of those players mentioned turned us down for a worse team purely for more money". I've said this many times but we've signed first team regulars from championship winning Lille and f***ing Ajax. I'm sure we'd comfortably lose to both teams. Both teams constantly play in the PL.

All these fancy players that join us do so for the money and the opportunity of a big move.

When did Ajax last win anything worth winning? 1995? And Lille had 1 very good season in about 50 by the looks of it. Hardly Messi joining Olham, is it?

When have we won anything? When was the last time we where in the CL?

If the Eredivisie means nothing it's because of money.

As a club we are European minnows. We benefit from being in the richest league of them all meaning we can afford higher wages than 90% of European teams. 

Someone said "none of those players mentioned turned us down for a worse team purely for more money". I've said this many times but we've signed first team regulars from championship winning Lille and f***ing Ajax. I'm sure we'd comfortably lose to both teams. Both teams constantly play in the PL.

When did Ajax last win anything worth winning? 1995? And Lille had 1 very good season in about 50 by the looks of it. Hardly Messi joining Olham, is it?

When have we won anything? When was the last time we where in the CL?

If the Eredivisie means nothing it's because of money.

As a club we are European minnows. We benefit from being in the richest league of them all meaning we can afford higher wages than 90% of European teams. 

The fact is if anyone bigger and better than us were in for Cabaye and De Jong etc at the time, they'd all have gone there instead of us. We were the best team in for them at the time and they decided to move. The possibility of them subsequently earning moves to better teams than us is a natural part of football, especially when a club like ours refuses to grow with the star players. Not every transfer is Machiavellian.

Remy went to a worse club purely for more money, which he acknowledged by putting loads of relegation release fees into his contract.

Remy actually said that one of the reasons he changed his mind about Newcastle was because we were facing relegation ourselves. That table puts us only 2 points clear of a relegation spot.

Remy actually said that one of the reasons he changed his mind about Newcastle was because we were facing relegation ourselves. That table puts us only 2 points clear of a relegation spot.

Or 2 wins away from mid-table while QPR were 2 wins away from safety.

It didn't put off the other Internationals we signed that window anyway and none of them got relegated or looked like mercenary frauds.

The guy clearly sees us a back up option. Snubbed us once, then joined on loan to put himself in the shop window, never heard anything from him to say he'd consider staying after it ended. If we were to get him now, only after there was no interest from elsewhere, coupled with the obvious huge injury concern, got to say I'd resent it a little bit.

Would prefer this Ferrerya bloke.

It didn't put off the other Internationals we signed that window anyway and none of them got relegated or looked like mercenary frauds.

I'm not even that fussed about signing him, but to make this about him being a mercenary is just laughable. How is his attitude any different to the way we run our football club?

I'm not even that fussed about signing him, but to make this about him being a mercenary is just laughable. How is his attitude any different to the way we run our football club?

You say that like nobody despises the way we're being run.

But as that is how we are run, then what's the point in criticising players for looking out for themselves first? When Remy was on our books he was perfectly professional and did a good job for the most part.

But as that is how we are run, then what's the point in criticising players for looking out for themselves first? When Remy was on our books he was perfectly professional and did a good job for the most part.

Not sure why I have to accept the actions of a player because it resembles something I hate.

Yeah I remember reading those comments, and they made no sense.  We were at some risk or relegation yes, but QPR were basically already gone.  The lads either delusional or lying if he reckons he saw little to no difference in our positions.

Yeah I remember reading those comments, and they made no sense.  We were at some risk or relegation yes, but QPR were basically already gone.  The lads either delusional or lying if he reckons he saw little to no difference in our positions.

Or maybe he saw two struggling teams and picked the one which made more economic sense to him. If he could double his wages at QPR why wouldn't he? If we could buy him for £8m then sell him for £16m next year we'd do it in a heartbeat.

Didn't make any comment on the morality of his decision, just don't believe his claim that our position in the league played a big part in it.  Despite being close to the relegation zone we were still in a far better position than QPR.

Agreed - beggars can't be choosers and when it comes to signing proven strikers, NUFC are now beggars.

We won't pay a top fee for a top player, so we can't complain when players see us as second-best and a stepping stone because that is what the club openly admits that it is.

Obviously, signing Remy is a risk medically now but unless the club have either got something better up their sleeves(doubtful if we are talking proven strikers)or are prepared to pay top dollar, signing Remy might just be the difference between staying up reasonably comfortably or being involved in a scrap at the lower end of the table.

That's the harsh truth of it.