Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

It's pretty clear what's happened imo.  Pardew has thought the recent crisis would be enough for Ashley to release the purse strings, hence the comments that we need players in.

He's now been told there's very little money and he hasn't got the bottle to challenge him on this.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd rather just wait and see what actually happens.

Ahh, the alright on the night brigade is back from the summer.....

I'll criticise when it happens, not before.

Note, when.

It's such a pointless discussion, especially as a stick to beat Pardew. We will sign the players we can get for the money we're prepared to pay, we know what the situation is with Ashley. Obviously Pardew would want as many good players as he could get, so I don't see how it's worth criticising him either.

The fact we seem to be in for people like Remy is surely a good sign.

Guest neesy111

It's such a pointless discussion, especially as a stick to beat Pardew. We will sign the players we can get for the money we're prepared to pay, we know what the situation is with Ashley. Obviously Pardew would want as many good players as he could get, so I don't see how it's worth criticising him either.

You may as well be Ashley's spokesman with that view point.

There's no point going over this debate again. I want signings as much as anyone, we just know how the club is approaching these things now. While Ashley is here, we need to just hope for more of our signature deals. Our signings have generally been brilliant, just not quite enough of them in some positions.

I'm not going to be grateful for any little scraps they deign to throw our way.  We've needed a centre back for nigh on two years and an upgraded right back for just as long.  I'll criticise them if they fail to improve and move us forward as a club.  Ashley and Dekka for not doing what's needed to take us onwards and Pardew for the bullshit he peddles and his apparent lack of spine in this area.

If they're not willing or able to move us forward then they should piss off and make way for someone who will.

Guest neesy111

There's no point going over this debate again. I want signings as much as anyone, we just know how the club is approaching these things now. While Ashley is here, we need to just hope for more of our signature deals. Our signings have generally been brilliant, just not quite enough of them in some positions.

It's a flawed transfer plan as it creates such a unbalanced squad for what's needed.  We've still got a CB which is 2nd choice who was signed as a backup in the Championship almost 3 years ago now.

dont know him that much....but what i have seen and heard this is good. Especially he can play on left and on top.

Sell ba and maybe obertan.

then we should also get debuchy and douglas.

Best window ever....maybe - maybe not

That's bold.

your right :embarrassed:

I'm not going to be grateful for any little scraps they deign to throw our way.  We've needed a centre back for nigh on two years and an upgraded right back for just as long.  I'll criticise them if they fail to improve and move us forward as a club.  Ashley and Dekka for not doing what's needed to take us onwards and Pardew for the bullshit he peddles and his apparent lack of spine in this area.

If they're not willing or able to move us forward then they should piss off and make way for someone who will.

Fair enough, I didn't mean to suggest the accepting scraps thing. We do need a CB for sure, and I will criticise them if they don't do everything to get one. I just think that all of our good signings get forgotten because of the few we don't make.

I don't think the lack of spine thing is fair, because we don't know what goes on and it's pointless for Pardew to lose his job pushing an impossible argument.

Anyway, back to Remy, I like the look of him.

It's a flawed transfer plan as it creates such a unbalanced squad for what's needed.  We've still got a CB which is 2nd choice who was signed as a backup in the Championship almost 3 years ago now.

I agree, the flaw is that we might not be able to do the right deal for the ideal player we need, and we will miss out.

But other transfer policies have flaws too, like the one that took us to the brink of financial ruin and relegation the last time. Unless the club deliver exactly the right players, and they turn out to be good, they will be criticised. That's fair enough I suppose, fans are allowed to be idealist if they want.

Brilliant!

We've come full circle now.

Any dodgy estate agents or fanzine editors out there willing to give it a go ?

We do need a CB for sure, and I will criticise them if they don't do everything to get one.

Can't wait to see this.

:lol: Quantify 'do everything'?

A few spurious links in the press and a couple of Pardew soundbites? Would that be considered doing everything?