Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No choice really, we won't pay the premium for a proven PL player.

Besides most players from Ligue 1 adapt pretty quickly( the good ones anyway) because of the differences in style between the two leagues being quite similar.

I'm pretty confident he will do well.

He was tackled twice yesterday and disappeared for quite a while both times, we'll only see him 3 or 4 times a game if he's like that here.

Besides most players from Ligue 1 adapt pretty quickly( the good ones anyway) because of the differences in style between the two leagues being quite similar.

He was tackled twice yesterday and disappeared for quite a while both times, we'll only see him 3 or 4 times a game if he's like that here.

Considering Pardew's tactics we probably wouldn't see him much anyway :lol:

Considering Pardew's tactics we probably wouldn't see him much anyway :lol:

:lol:

We're currently carrying whoever plays up there with/instead of Cisse. At least he's got talent and pace.

Good point but if Cisse is injured I think we'd struggle if we're relying on Remy.

"Olympians and Remy are trained to Marrakech

Loic Remy and his teammates have trained this Monday afternoon in Marrakech where they are on probation for three days. They conducted a session on the field Annex Municipal Stadium. Tuesday morning, it will care before a new session on the spot in the afternoon and then a new practice Wednesday morning before the friendly match against KAC Marrakech in the early evening."

http://www.om.net/fr/Saison/101005/Actualites/64665/Les_Olympiens_et_Remy_se_sont_entraines_a_Marrakech

Think there just making a point, obvo in reaction to the speculation.

I still think aubameyang is a better choice, on form young and same price.

I think he'd be harder to get.

How come?

OM seem fairly happy to raise funds through selling at out of form substitute, whereas I'm guessing Saint-Étienne would be less willing to sell their in form star.

I think there's quotes from  Saint-Étienne's president(?) from about a month ago, saying he wouldn't sell him in January. Not that that means it wouldn't be possible, but I imagine it would be more difficult.

I still think aubameyang is a better choice, on form young and same price.

I think he'd be harder to get.

How come?

OM seem fairly happy to raise funds through selling at out of form substitute, whereas I'm guessing Saint Etienne would be less willing to sell their in form star.

I think there's quotes from Saint Etienne's president(?) from about a month ago, saying he wouldn't sell him in January. Not that that means it wouldn't be possible, but I imagine it would be more difficult.

With remy i wouldent imagine the problem being with OM, he dont want a relegation battle and pards already said, where in a relegation fight.

We're currently carrying whoever plays up there with/instead of Cisse. At least he's got talent and pace.

Good point but if Cisse is injured I think we'd struggle if we're relying on Remy.

You mention this as though it's a possibility.

Guest hatem garrincha

I disagree. For me, he's even better central than out wide

And yesterday match was one of the few games he played this season. For someone who clearly isn't match fit yet, less physically than in his head,  I thought he did well overall

Guest ItalianMagpie

Doesnt sound like we've even made an offer yet.

From what I have been reading, sounds like we have made an offer, just waiting on a reply.

I love how things go in the football world.

A club make an offer, which presumably gets to the other club's HQ by fax (or maybe email these days) in seconds. Then what the hell happens? Why does it take days/weeks to answer? What is the whole board doing all the time, sitting in an empty room and thinking?