Newcastle United 1 - 0 QPR - 22/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 27

Mike

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqsoy9.jpg

:whistle:

Eh, what does this mean, i've never put anyone on purpose.......fantastic if i did that accidently :lol:

:lol: er no, he's done that to do.  :lol:

Brilliant........hahaha i'm annoying :lol:

Twas only a festive prank. I probably love you  :smitten:

Guest bimpy474

.com say that Perch set up the goal, thought it was Marveaux?

Perch to Marveaux to Shola. Perch then b-lined for the far post and was the player furthest forward by the time it went in. Perch the furthest forward, we must be low on numbers. :lol:

Nah it was Santon, to Marv then Shola.

No doubt about it,  these boards are mainly as negative as f***.  I'm just glad none of you work for the samaritans!  :)

If you don't like what's said on here then leave tbh.  The only thing you've posted on here today has been moaning on about people arriving / leaving early, about how negative the board is.

:jesuswept:

I don't normally post to be honest but just lately I've felt the need as so many so called fans wind me up.  I didn't realise you needed to be positive and agree with all posts.  I'll clearly need to change my attitude.  :)

Guest neesy111

We can all watch MOTD tonight lads. :D

Can't even remember what that shit is about.

Think start of November was time I seen it on a weekend.

Guest bimpy474

http://i48.tinypic.com/2zqsoy9.jpg

:whistle:

Eh, what does this mean, i've never put anyone on purpose.......fantastic if i did that accidently :lol:

:lol: er no, he's done that to do.  :lol:

Brilliant........hahaha i'm annoying :lol:

Twas only a festive prank. I probably love you  :smitten:

Ta you smooth fecker :lol:

I'm glad you can't tell how many people are ignoring you.

Oh i dunno maybe the one with the most wins Dave's soggy biscuit.

Should be a forum award tbh. 

Are we bothering with them this year? They're always a bit of a laugh. I'll set it up if no one else fancies it; got a shitload of free-time this Xmas period.

Guest neesy111

No doubt about it,  these boards are mainly as negative as f***.  I'm just glad none of you work for the samaritans!  :)

If you don't like what's said on here then leave tbh.  The only thing you've posted on here today has been moaning on about people arriving / leaving early, about how negative the board is.

:jesuswept:

I don't normally post to be honest but just lately I've felt the need as so many so called fans wind me up.  I didn't realise you needed to be positive and agree with all posts.  I'll clearly need to change my attitude.  :)

IMO people shouldn't come on complaining about other fans and the place itself, though theres nothing to stop that.  Be positive of negative about the performance today etc for what it's like btw.

Guest bimpy474

I'm glad you can't tell how many people are ignoring you.

Oh i dunno maybe the one with the most wins Dave's soggy biscuit.

Should be a forum award tbh. 

Are we bothering with them this year? They're always a bit of a laugh. I'll set it up if no one else fancies it; got a shitload of free-time this Xmas period.

Where are last years i must have missed them.

Of course we're still in a miserable state, it was a pathetic performance for the team but we're in a relegation scrap and that was a 6 pointer, could keep us up. I think we're passing the ball better but are utterly unable to create chances. If that means a goalless draw against man u or arsenal mind might not be so bad. Yes we should be beating QPR but they were no threat going forward, as should be the case, next is getting some goals :p

Just seemed an improvement on usual hit and hope, work in progress, terrible considering what we should be doing but helps us not go down a bit (though of course still huge chance we will)

It's all true that we should be doing much better, our squad is weak we should have reinforced, marv should be starting, jonas is embarassing ba is quietly dropped off worse than cisse etc etc. I just can't be too miserable, may need that to get back into groove etc

I've seen words like 'dreadful' and 'pathetic' used a lot to describe today's performance. I'd associate those with the Southampton away game, today was more 'uninspiring' or 'poor' if you're incredibly negative.

FWIW if Cabaye or Ben Arfa were fit we'd have won that a lot more comfortably. Souness and his 'door-openers' stuff comes to mind (although Marveaux should have been starting ahead of Perch today really).

Guest bimpy474

I've seen words like 'dreadful' and 'pathetic' used a lot to describe today's performance. I'd associate those with the Southampton away game, today was more 'uninspiring' or 'poor' if you're incredibly negative.

FWIW if Cabaye or Ben Arfa were fit we'd have won that a lot more comfortably. Souness and his 'door-openers' stuff comes to mind (although Marveaux should have been starting ahead of Perch today really).

I agree and with me absolutely hating Pardew now i must see the wood through the trees sometimes.

It was better than it has been.

Guest tollemache

Souness confused me at times when he complained about door openers, then played Emre so deep. Emre was awesome in and around the box but never got a chance to get there...

I feel my Souness rant coming on so I'll stop there

Save of the Match: Rob Green looked solid throughout and prevented QPR falling 2-0 behind by pushing Sylvain Marveaux's rasping shot around the post.

The fucker nearly dropped the ball into the net for us twice :lol: he looked as dodgy as the day Mike's lot managed to beat him with a backpass.

We certainly deserved to win the game, if only because of how abominable they were, but that makes the amount of chances we created, i.e. 1, even more alarming.

Simpson, Santon, Jonas and Cisse as the four wide men is frighteningly poor in terms of delivery. Santon's on the wrong side and the other three simply aren't up to it out there.

Guest malandro

QPR make Southampton look like Real Madrid. As you said, they were dogshite, which is where I think the negativity about our performance you dislike comes from. Putting in the level of performance we did against the worst side I can remember in a long time isn't enough to alter either side of the debate about the state the team is in. Not good enough for people like me who think last season was a fluke to review their opinion, and not bad enough for the other side of the debate to review their position either.

It'll be the same next week if we get humped by MU. Ditto Arsenal. Everton at home is the next game that could be described as a good gauge of where the season is heading.

We certainly deserved to win the game, if only because of how abominable they were, but that makes the amount of chances we created, i.e. 1, even more alarming.

Simpson, Santon, Jonas and Cisse as the four wide men is frighteningly poor in terms of delivery. Santon's on the wrong side and the other three simply aren't up to it out there.

So's Jonas for that matter.

Simpson is terrified of a football, and Cisse is an out and out striker.

For a cross to be dangerous, it has to be between the goalkeeper and the back four, and you can deliver that ball FAR easier with a cross swinging away from the goal than one swinging in. You've got far more area to aim at that way. Inswinging crosses have to be sooo accurate.

And then you've got the added problem that the defenders are facing away from goal and can clear much easier than they can an outswinging cross when they're facing their own net.

Finally, imagine yourself as a striker getting on the end of an inswinging cross. You have to look far further behind you to follow the flight of the ball, whereas an outswinging cross is going to be in front of you when you head it, facing the goal.

So having the wrong players on the wrong side of the pitch means that our crosses have to be far more accurate to find our man, they're easier to defend against and harder to score from. Yet we persist with it. It's just beyond comprehension.