Arsenal 7 - 3 Newcastle United - 29/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 55

Dave

even though both Christmas games have ultimately proved fruitless and emphasised our glaring defensive incapabilities, I can't help but feel proud of the overall performances and effort of the players. If nothing else these games have acted as a reminder of just how good we can be at times and suggested that the team is willing to FIGHT.... for their right..... to paaaaaaaaaar-tay. The Newcastle United of last season is still in there somewhere, keep the faith!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest sicko2ndbest

even though both Christmas games have ultimately proved fruitless and emphasised our glaring defensive incapabilities, I can't help but feel proud of the overall performances and effort of the players. If nothing else these games have acted as a reminder of just how good we can be at times and suggested that the team is willing to FIGHT.... for their right..... to paaaaaaaaaar-tay. The Newcastle United of last season is still in there somewhere, keep the faith!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Newcastle United of last season didn't concede that many goals, so it's not alive at all.

He did imply that the Newcastle United of last season needs to be found (and thinks it's still in there). Not that it currently is there.

Guest tollemache

Nothing we can do about the clause? :lol: We could go out and sign another f***ing forward to keep ourselves covered, rather than wait for him to go then be up s*** creek.

Why whinge about that before New Year, especially given we've actually been strongly linked with a striker? Everywhere I look people are grasping for negatives

Guest bluegeordie

My two pents worth.

Is this a new transatlantic currency? Will we have pollars or dounds? I haven't heard about this :frantic:

Chalk it down to "globalisation" - you have been warned  :lol:

Actually, it's the communication equivalent of a player being in two minds over whether to shoot or cross ... and ending up with an embarrassing result  :blush:  :doh:

My two pents worth.

Is this a new transatlantic currency? Will we have pollars or dounds? I haven't heard about this :frantic:

Actually, it's the communication equivalent of a player being in two minds over whether to shoot or cross ... and ending up with an embarrassing result  :blush:  :doh:

Simpson only trades in pents then?

Guest tollemache

Why whinge about that before New Year, especially given we've actually been strongly linked with a striker? Everywhere I look people are grasping for negatives

:lol:  I wonder why?

I don't mind negativity as long as you're not grasping for it! Which a lot of us / you are

Guest bluegeordie

My two pents worth.

Simpson only trades in pents then?

He is the patron saint of "pents" ...

"We have given away soft goals in both games and the match has got away from us. It was a heavy pitch at Old Trafford and we looked leggy after our exertions there.

"We did not have the energy to cope with them in the last 20 minutes. We put the ball at risk too often and some of the goals we gave away were not good enough for us.

"There was a clear difference between the two sides in the last part of the match. We got overrun today, but we have to defend as a team. I don't want to put all the focus on the defence and the back four.

"[ba leaving the club] will be what it will be. There is nothing we can do about that the clause is there and that is that."

Still going on about Ba. :lol:

Someone asked.

Feel desperately disappointed after that today but feel we need to persevere with the same system. The worst thing that can happen is if Pardew reverts back to long ball in a 442 and we try our luck with that for the next 10 games until he decides it's not working. We also need Cabaye and Ben Arfa back and playing in a system they should have been playing in all season instead of being the victims of off the field politics and a disgracefully negative approach.

Our safety is dependent on the fat cunt owner investing money in January when all the evidence shows that he might not bother. Hopefully he feels sufficiently worried that we're in real danger now but I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if he tries to do it on the cheap yet again.

Danny Simpson was a fucking disgrace today, every time they had space and ended up scoring it was down our right side. The way he was watching the ball from around the penalty spot as we conceded after having been exposed down his side for one of the goals was an absolute joke. Go to another club Danny, you're not good enough and there's no danger of you making up for it with your heart, commitment or integrity as a professional footballer.

Overall I was proud of us for very brief periods today, until we showed ourselves to be clueless and cowardly when attacked with not all that much verve and a tiny bit of pace. You won't pick up many points in this league if most of your goals are followed by goals conceded within 3 minutes.

Guest sicko2ndbest

"We have given away soft goals in both games and the match has got away from us. It was a heavy pitch at Old Trafford and we looked leggy after our exertions there.

"We did not have the energy to cope with them in the last 20 minutes. We put the ball at risk too often and some of the goals we gave away were not good enough for us.

"There was a clear difference between the two sides in the last part of the match. We got overrun today, but we have to defend as a team. I don't want to put all the focus on the defence and the back four.

"[ba leaving the club] will be what it will be. There is nothing we can do about that the clause is there and that is that."

Someone asked.

Feel desperately disappointed after that today but feel we need to persevere with the same system. The worst thing that can happen is if Pardew reverts back to long ball in a 442 and we try our luck with that for the next 10 games until he decides it's not working. We also need Cabaye and Ben Arfa back and playing in a system they should have been playing in all season instead of being the victims of off the field politics and a disgracefully negative approach.

Our safety is dependent on the fat c*** owner investing money in January when all the evidence shows that he might not bother. Hopefully he feels sufficiently worried that we're in real danger now but I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if he tries to do it on the cheap yet again.

Danny Simpson was a f***ing disgrace today, every time they had space and ended up scoring it was down our right side. The way he was watching the ball from around the penalty spot as we conceded after having been exposed down his side for one of the goals was an absolute joke. Go to another club Danny, you're not good enough and there's no danger of you making up for it with your heart, commitment or integrity as a professional footballer.

Overall I was proud of us for very brief periods today, until we showed ourselves to be clueless and cowardly when attacked with not all that much verve and a tiny bit of pace. You won't pick up many points in this league if most of your goals are followed by goals conceded within 3 minutes.

Great post

I don't mind negativity as long as you're not grasping for it! Which a lot of us / you are

The positives are few and far between and don't even come close to balancing out the negatives.  If anything is a case of grasping as you put it, its those grapsing at anything that even resembles a positive.

Guest hatem garrincha

Someone asked.

Feel desperately disappointed after that today but feel we need to persevere with the same system. The worst thing that can happen is if Pardew reverts back to long ball in a 442 and we try our luck with that for the next 10 games until he decides it's not working. We also need Cabaye and Ben Arfa back and playing in a system they should have been playing in all season instead of being the victims of off the field politics and a disgracefully negative approach. Our safety is dependent on the fat c*** owner investing money in January when all the evidence shows that he might not bother. Hopefully he feels sufficiently worried that we're in real danger now but I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if he tries to do it on the cheap yet again.

Danny Simpson was a f***ing disgrace today, every time they had space and ended up scoring it was down our right side. The way he was watching the ball from around the penalty spot as we conceded after having been exposed down his side for one of the goals was an absolute joke. Go to another club Danny, you're not good enough and there's no danger of you making up for it with your heart, commitment or integrity as a professional footballer.

Good post.

Guest tollemache

Someone asked.

Our safety is dependent on the fat c*** owner investing money in January when all the evidence shows that he might not bother. Hopefully he feels sufficiently worried that we're in real danger now but I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if he tries to do it on the cheap yet again.

Agree we did well with a depleted side, disagree that "all the evidence shows he might not bother" because I think history tells us we've a good chance of bringing in one or two decent players for reasonable money, agree that Simpson looked poor for periods. Proud for longer than brief periods, and think 9 times out of 10 that game finishes 4-3 them and we go away shrugging and feeling quite confident about playing lesser sides in the coming weeks.

You won't pick up many points in this league if most of your goals are followed by goals conceded within 3 minutes.

Very true and that is worrying. In today's game and on Boxing Day as soon as we scored the third you just knew they'd reply almost instantaneously, which they did in both games.