Newcastle United v Everton - 02/01/13 @ 8pm (Live on Sky)

Guest neesy111

Cisse central with Marveaux and Obertan wide can give Everton problems.

A broomstick would give us problems.

The defence get fuck all protection from midfield. You won't even have to create that many chances to score, of that I'm fairly sure.

Not sure why people have more faith in Tavernier than Ferguson when its quite obvious Ferguson is further along than Tavernier is at the moment....

Tavernier doesn't have a cat in hells chance of starting tonight.

It's more because he's actually a defender rather than a midfielder who has filled in at full back rather than actual ability/development.

True but even so Tavernier isn't any better of a defender at this stage and unlike Ferguson he hasn't been part of the squad.

Every time we take fullback off and move Santon to RB.... Ferguson comes on theres nothing meaningless behind this....

Theres more chance of Ferguson starting there than Tavernier tbh, if Tavernier was this close to starting he would have had more minutes.

Krul

Perch    Williamson            Coloccini      Santon

Tiote        Bigirimana

Marveaux

S. Ameobi                                    Obertan

Cisse

The front three simply has to be Marveaux-Cisse-Obertan. Shola may be needed ala QPR for the final 25 minutes but if he starts, we're buried.

I'd rather see Anita at RB and Perch in midfield fwiw, there's always the option to swap them anarl if needs be.

Obertan's been alright recently man, I actually quite like him on the left in a 4-2-3-1 thing.

He has been alright but he really shouldn't be starting PL games. I'm resigned to him being the best option due to our lack of squad depth.

Obertan's been alright recently man, I actually quite like him on the left in a 4-2-3-1 thing.

Agree with that, Obertan's not someone you want to be starting every week but he's a very handy stand in for HBA. Much rather see him out wide than Jonas at present.

:thup: QPR, Man U and Arsenal is the first time I've seen him look decent in a run of games. He (and Shola) changed the QPR game for us, he got a very good assist at Old Trafford and another at the Emirates, as well as his general ball retention looking way above what it normally is. If there was ever a time to start him it's now.

:thup: QPR, Man U and Arsenal is the first time I've seen him look decent in a run of games. He (and Shola) changed the QPR game for us, he got a very good assist at Old Trafford and another at the Emirates, as well as his general ball retention looking way above what it normally is. If there was ever a time to start him it's now.

I thought he'd been alright in that position in the earlier part of the season too, although it was in Europe and the opposition was generally pap.

Cisse central with Marveaux and Obertan wide can give Everton problems.

A broomstick would give us problems.

The defence get f*** all protection from midfield. You won't even have to create that many chances to score, of that I'm fairly sure.

stop it, just stop it with all this shit. firstly with will peinar/baines be fit, then with all this we are shit in defence nonsense.

evil, just toying with us.

I personally think we'll see this btw:

Krul

Perch Williamson Coloccini Santon

Bigirimana Tiote

Anita Marveaux Obertan

Cisse

If Everton are full-strength down the left, at least.

Guest neesy111

Thought Obertan was terrific at both Old Trafford and The Emirates.

This.  He deserves to keep his place in the team along with Marveaux.