Other clubs' kits (2023/24)

Toon Hoser

Tempted to purchase a the Colombia home/Chile away shirts. Hipster as fuck.

Colombia shirt is the best in the tournament by a mile. Preferred the old Chile away.

http://www.gogoalshop.com/html/upload/crawl_img/201207/300x300/z/5187-1342635139.jpg

the best Chile shirt:

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/img/shirts/1247/chile-home-football-shirt-1998-1999-s_16083_1.jpg

Changed Newcastle's away top on FIFA 99 to that template.

Oh shit, that kit man!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oh1wnlan9PY/U7E4A3h7tpI/AAAAAAAAYWA/X-wlzvQdrUU/s650/Juventus-14-15-Away-Kit.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vYyNsoShlHo/U2lLHFsUgHI/AAAAAAAAXTQ/Pt7o4STlYvY/s650/Juventus-14-15-Third-Kit.jpg

Guest Haris Vuckic

Buffon has had to suffer some awful goalie kits. Even when they played us in 2002 he was wearing some bright pink monstrosity.

Guest firetotheworks

One of the things that I've never understood with football tops, especially recently, is that kit designers seem to pay absolutely no attention to whats going on around them in terms of fashion and continue to design shit when they could design something that would probably cost less to make but would sell shit loads more.

One of the things that I've never understood with football tops, especially recently, is that kit designers seem to pay absolutely no attention to whats going on around them in terms of fashion and continue to design shit when they could design something that would probably cost less to make but would sell shit loads more.

A club football shirt isn't a fashion item though is it. It's a casual item that most people will wear to go to the game for sport lounging about the house or with a pair of jeans

Guest firetotheworks

One of the things that I've never understood with football tops, especially recently, is that kit designers seem to pay absolutely no attention to whats going on around them in terms of fashion and continue to design s*** when they could design something that would probably cost less to make but would sell s*** loads more.

A club football shirt isn't a fashion item though is it. It's a casual item that most people will wear to go to the game for sport lounging about the house or with a pair of jeans

That's kind of the point though, although I do think that people wear tops just in general anyway. Most would kill for a simple, retro style NUFC top I imagine, but maybe I'm just being self-centred.

Look at when Umbro decided to start doing old style England tops though, it was the best selling England shirt of all time. Then they did the same with Man City and loads of people lapped it up. There's definitely a market for keeping it simple and taking fashion, at least to a certain extent, into account.

I can't remember the website, but there's a website where people upload their designs and honestly, most of them piss all over the actual kits that end up being released.

People buy any old shit; I bet replica tops are a zillion-dollar business. Manu's recent Topman collar effort suggests companies might start leaning to your way of thinking, mind.

i mentioned this the other day on here but in a different way, absolutely beyond me why running t-shirts by nike are made of lush lightweight stuff and football shirts feel like a suit of chain mail

you might go down the route of them needing to be more durable when playing football but (a) football clubs can afford to replace them and (b) why not sell replica shirts for fans in the lush lightweight stuff?

i was trying on some stuff where i live (+30 celcius) to go on holiday (hotter) and started with a running top then put on a football shirt and it was so much heavier and less breathable

One of the things that I've never understood with football tops, especially recently, is that kit designers seem to pay absolutely no attention to whats going on around them in terms of fashion and continue to design s*** when they could design something that would probably cost less to make but would sell s*** loads more.

i mentioned this the other day on here but in a different way, absolutely beyond me why running t-shirts by nike are made of lush lightweight stuff and football shirts feel like a suit of chain mail

you might go down the route of them needing to be more durable when playing football but (a) football clubs can afford to replace them and (b) why not sell replica shirts for fans in the lush lightweight stuff?

i was trying on some stuff where i live (+30 celcius) to go on holiday (hotter) and started with a running top then put on a football shirt and it was so much heavier and less breathable

Nike sells the "lush" stuff in the authentic type - see the more expensive WC kits.

People buy any old s***; I bet replica tops are a zillion-dollar business. Manu's recent Topman collar effort suggests companies might start leaning to your way of thinking, mind.

Old news man, the likes of Nike have been on this trend for quite some time - hence why their NFL jerseys are created for fans to wear them as a style piece now - fitted sides and arms.

That's kind of the point though, although I do think that people wear tops just in general anyway. Most would kill for a simple, retro style NUFC top I imagine, but maybe I'm just being self-centred.

Look at when Umbro decided to start doing old style England tops though, it was the best selling England shirt of all time. Then they did the same with Man City and loads of people lapped it up. There's definitely a market for keeping it simple and taking fashion, at least to a certain extent, into account.

I can't remember the website, but there's a website where people upload their designs and honestly, most of them p*ss all over the actual kits that end up being released.

100% with you on this KI.  There are people like myself who would buy a ton more merchandise if they made it with the style piece in mind as well. A simple, retro NUFC kit would sell like you wouldn't believe to those who actually may never buy a kit; the market for those who buy one anyway are always there, but some of us don't buy it if it looks s*** or has a s*** brand on it.