Best Signing of the Last Decade

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Even though, in terms of why I watch football, it's easily Ben Arfa, I have to say Nolan. Without him we wouldn't have got promoted and would have struggled in our first season. We got rid at the right time, though. He's the David Kelly type choice, if you will.

Ben Arfa. for a club like ours who don't win anything the presence of a player like that makes it all worth it. and they only come around once every 20 years, if that.

I'd consider bids for all our players, even Krul, but HBA is priceless. even if we got a monster fee and rebuilt over a few years with it, i still think i'd prefer to experience that level of magic and artistry for a bit longer.

Colo. Best CB at the club in my lifetime, pipping the magnificent Woodgate.

In terms of a player for pure excitement though, it's Hatem.

This exactly...I voted for Colo because he overcame a very shaky start to become almost irreplaceable in our defence. One look at the results when he is out tells you all...

We would be certs for relegation if we didn't have this guy right now.

HBA ia the most talented attacking player on the books, but we've played well in the last 2 games without him and would have got a point from each had we had better defenders alongside Colo.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

it was too tough because they've all been great for us but I wanted to pick Yohan Cabaye. The world class midfielder who we have missed masivly during our slump and at 4 million we got away with daylight robbery to sign him. I think Cabaye is good enough to play for any top side and hopefully we still have another two seasons at least of his brilliance.

it was too tough because they've all been great for us but I wanted to pick Yohan Cabaye. The world class midfielder who we have missed masivly during our slump and at 4 million we got away with daylight robbery to sign him. I think Cabaye is good enough to play for any top side and hopefully we still have another two seasons at least of his brilliance.

This.

His signing elevated us onto another level. I believed at the time, and still do, that we had signed a winner. A player destined to win things. On his day he is midfield supremacy at its finest. IMO it was this signing that brought everything together so well last season. Hoping for and expecting much bigger things to come.

This is obviously not to down play all the others on that list - I think we have made some incredible purchases and I can't really put much daylight between Cabaye, Coloccini, Ben Arfa and Krul who are all brilliant players, professionals and people.

Colo. Love Hatem but half a good season pales in comparison to what Colo's given us. Hatem may be the answer in 2 years, though.

Couldn't agree more. Colo followed by Krul for me.

I'll go for Colo. Looked set for biggest flop of the decade, but his recovery was just phenomenal. One of the best centre backs to represent Newcastle, and the only one in that list who would probably have a shout among the "best Toon XI ever" lists. Talented player, class individual, and our best foreign captain ever. :smitten:

I think we'll look back on this thread in the years to come and go for Bigi though. Such promise oozing from the lad, and a likable individual as well. :aww:

Best signing category must include financial terms as well so Colo won't fit there because of his massive transfer fee and wages. HBA would be the best if only he had some consistency in his game. Huge vale for the money we paid defo but I think Tim Krul is the best signing closely followed by Yohan Cabaye. Absolute key memebers of our squad