Norwich City vs Newcastle United - 12/01/13 @ 3pm (not on TV)

bowlingcrofty

He was more promising in the games before that though. I would personally give him another chance on the left. Second best option is probably Fergie, who doesn't seem to be near a first team spot.

He was looking a bit better I grant you that but he needs some aggression in his game, some drive and heart.

I'd only ever use him from the bench when the other side are tiring.

Does anyone know what his favored position is?

If its left midfield and we plan to play 4-3-3 then that position doesn't exist, if it's LB then he will always be behind Santon and he doesn't have enough to contribute as a forward.

I would definitely send him out on loan tbh, in the summer anyway.

Scandalous how scant our options are beyond Ben Arfa to play either side of a front man. Marveaux and Obertan it will have to be - one's clearly more comfortable in a central role and the other is just shit.

For all the talk about our fantastic transferpolicy, aside from the folly of leaving certain positions ludicrously short, we're completely unbalanced all over the pitch. As a first team, we're clearly better off playing 4-3-3 or something close to it. As a squad? God knows. We're totally unequipped to play anything consistently over the course of a season because one injury means we have to shuffle the entire pack. Which we do. About four times a game.

Scandalous how scant our options are beyond Ben Arfa to play either side of a front man. Marveaux and Obertan it will have to be - one's clearly more comfortable in a central role and the other is just shit.

I'd like to see Fergie on the left giving the natural width and firing them in for Cisse/midfield runners( :laugh2:) and Marveaux on the right since Debuchy will hopefully be there to provide the width. Assuming Cabaye plays of course, if not then Obertan right I suppose.

4-2-3-1 is our best set up IMO but as i said before the style of play and mentality has to be good as well, you can't have a working team without any of these factors and if one of them falls apart the whole idea does and quite frankly a lot of the season none of the factors have been working :lol:

It all goes hand in hand, obviously you need good players too but that goes without saying.

Guest neesy111

NUFC_Stats: Of all NUFC players with 10+ PL crosses this season, Shola Ameobi has the best accuracy - 42%. Sammy Ameobi has the worst - 8% #nufc

Guest neesy111

Also

NUFC_Stats: Sylvain Marveaux has created just 10 open play chances in the PL this season, 3 ending as assists. For Obertan, 3 chances, 2 assists!! #nufc

Krul

Debuchy Williamson Coloccini Santon

Anita Bigirimana Gutierrez

Marveaux Cisse Obertan

Pretty certain it'll be that.

Agree, with the token sub of Sammy for Jonas on 75 mins if we're losing.

If Grant Holt makes it, expect 90 mins of "percentage balls" into the box. Is Williamson our only player over 6 foot? :lol:

Also

NUFC_Stats: Sylvain Marveaux has created just 10 open play chances in the PL this season, 3 ending as assists. For Obertan, 3 chances, 2 assists!! #nufc

Cheers for reminding me why I stopped following these idiots.

Scandalous how scant our options are beyond Ben Arfa to play either side of a front man. Marveaux and Obertan it will have to be - one's clearly more comfortable in a central role and the other is just s***.

I'd like to see Fergie on the left giving the natural width and firing them in for Cisse/midfield runners( :laugh2:) and Marveaux on the right since Debuchy will hopefully be there to provide the width. Assuming Cabaye plays of course, if not then Obertan right I suppose.

Am I the only one who just doesn't see it with Ferguson? Sure, he can whip in a decent cross IF he beats the full-back, but I can't see him being more than a Championship winger.

Has anyone here ever watched a game in the other teams end ? I got offered vip tickets for this but 50/50 weather I get in our end, so I turned them down. I can`t see myself staying quite if we scored and didn`t fancy the attention lol. I think had we signed Remy or Cabaye, Ben Arfa was back I would have chanced it for the lounge after. I just imagined it would be like in the films and I`d get a hiding. I`m probably wrong.

Yes, didn't really enjoy it. Sat with my Chelsea mate when Acuna scored to equalise...........I kept quiet but my mate turned to me and said loudly "man you're playing really well" :yikes: :o :huff: :idiot2: Idiot :lol: I also watched us lose at Spurs 3-1 when Solano had scored a quality goal. I just don't find you can enjoy it really but I suppose it can depend on which ground you go to.

Was sat in the home end for that one too! I've done it 3 times. Then, Leeds, where there was a massive brawl involving another toon fan in the home end and at Old Trafford when Rooney scored that wonder goal against us. Never again after that. Had to really restrain when Ambrose scored then the only one still sat down when Rooneys goal went in. Didn't even get up off my seat to keep my cover.