Norwich City 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/01/13 - post-match reaction from pg 37

Dave

In the first half we invited pressure by over committing when attacking.

On one occassion, However we invite far more pressure by hoofing and heading without thinking or playing backwards instead of pushing forward. I'd rather we showed some intent and risked getting caught on the break than what I witnessed today. 

Guest bimpy474

Don't know about anyone else but i'm so fed up watching us and thinking "we are awful". Also i feel rather sick at Pardew getting credit for a draw against Norwich with a performance like that.

Is this really how far we have lowered our expectations because of him.

Not sure who is giving him credit, its more a case of "a 0-0 and a clean sheet and is a start, maybe breathing space" mentality.

Well maybe not credit, poor choice of words i suppose. You not what i mean though.

Seen the term at least its progress, i'm sorry but after watching how bad we are, progress because we got a point is not a term i would call it.

Im not over happy with the game itself and I wanted the 3 pts but can you blame Pardew this time for being cautious aftrer our last few games.

But cautious is what has us in this mess in the first place. Cautious is his default strategy and i hate it, and him for it.

Sorry mate, i'm so fed up with watching the football he serves up.

Guest neesy111

Were people really expecting us to play like Barca today?

:rolleyes:

Going by some of the reactions on here I wouldn't be surprised.

Oh I forgot, were we playing a top 4 no. We were playing a team that had lost their last 4 league games.  Pathetic as usual.

Doesn't give us the the right to assume we could actually take the game to Norwich given our recent form.

They are nothing special at all. As us, although not as bad, they're on a poor run too. They were poor today, as many teams have been against us, but we still don't manage/dear to go for it.

How f***ing close were we to lose it in the end once again btw. That's what going for draws and 1 goal leads gets you. Under Pardew.

Aye and we have been p*ss poor all season and our confidence is through the floor, this 0-0 will go a long way to helpling with our confidence.

It won't help Cisse's confidence.

Yep, i agree on that we needed to commit more bodies forward, it seemed like an awkward balancing act.

But im not going to turn a 0-0 down away from home giving some of the goals we have conceded recently.

I'm happy with a draw but not happy with the performance btw.

Same here to a point, players are shaky and lacking confidence.

Fact is we have to beat Reading.  Don't and we are in deep shite.

Were people really expecting us to play like Barca today?

:rolleyes:

Going by some of the reactions on here I wouldn't be surprised.

Oh I forgot, were we playing a top 4 no. We were playing a team that had lost their last 4 league games.  Pathetic as usual.

Doesn't give us the the right to assume we could actually take the game to Norwich given our recent form.

They are nothing special at all. As us, although not as bad, they're on a poor run too. They were poor today, as many teams have been against us, but we still don't manage/dear to go for it.

How f***ing close were we to lose it in the end once again btw. That's what going for draws and 1 goal leads gets you. Under Pardew.

Aye and we have been p*ss poor all season and our confidence is through the floor, this 0-0 will go a long way to helpling with our confidence.

It won't help Cisse's confidence.

Yep, i agree on that we needed to commit more bodies forward, it seemed like an awkward balancing act.

But im not going to turn a 0-0 down away from home giving some of the goals we have conceded recently.

I'm happy with a draw but not happy with the performance btw.

Same here to a point, players are shaky and lacking confidence.

Fact is we have to beat Reading.  Don't and we are in deep s****.

Agreed, we have bought time, this point will be better IF we can turn Reading over. A home win, a good win, would give us a massive boost...none of this going a goal up and hanging on for 60 minutes shit that Pardew has in mind.

Guest neesy111

Sunderland have been on the whole pretty s**** this season and from what I've heard they didn't play for the "confidence boosting" point today.

They were at home.

But they've still won a game away from home mind.

In the first half we invited pressure by over committing when attacking.

So our only option is to go completely the opposite way? First half we lacked structure in the midfield and they found it easy to get balls through. We just had to make sure Perch positioned himself a little better and we'd have looked more solid while not giving up our entire attacking threat.

Well that was a truly awful game of football but after the recent games and the goals we have conceded an away point and a clean sheet isn't too bad. However that point won't mean much if we don't build on it with 3 points next week against Reading.

Sunderland have been on the whole pretty s**** this season and from what I've heard they didn't play for the "confidence boosting" point today.

They were at home.

I thought someone might mention this but the way we played today is the way we've been playing at home all season too.  it doesn't matter where we're playing.  If, and it's a bloody massive if in my humble opinion, we really go at Reading next weekend and put them to the sword then fair enough but hinging it all on HBA returning is a long shot.

They were at home.

TBH Sunderland dont concern me, im far more interested in NUFC.

Wasn't a good preformace, we picked up a point and a clean sheet away from home.  In a relegation that would be seen as a good point.

There's some fucking ridiculous comments on here like, dear oh dear. Lets hope the dressing room doesn't have the attitude of some on here, christ. #throwthetowelin

It was a crap game but our confidence has been utterly shot to pieces to the point where most of us wouldn't have been surprised if we'd lost today. Under the circumstances a point is ok. Cabaye came on and we immediately looked better with more options and that puts us in better shape for Reading. Yes we created little to nothing but I'm looking forward to seeing Marveaux linking up with Cabaye next weekend, we'll create with those two......and we didn't concede for once.

Absolutely have to bring another striking option though.................oh and Obertan is still fucking wank surprise surprise

They were at home.

Wasn't a good preformace, we picked up a point and a clean sheet away from home.  In a relegation that would be seen as a good point.

Fair point but only if your home form was any good.

There's some f***ing ridiculous comments on here like, dear oh dear. Lets hope the dressing room doesn't have the attitude of some on here, christ. #throwthetowelin

It was a crap game but our confidence has been utterly shot to pieces to the point where most of us wouldn't have been surprised if we'd lost today. Under the circumstances a point is ok. Cabaye came on and we immediately looked better with more options and that puts us in better shape for Reading. Yes we created little to nothing but I'm looking forward to seeing Marveaux linking up with Cabaye next weekend, we'll create with those two......and we didn't concede for once.

Absolutely have to bring another striking option though.................oh and Obertan is still f***ing w*** surprise surprise

Been hearing that same shit for the whole season and it still hasn't happened.

They were at home.

THis is what im saying, if we blow it against Reading then this point will do little to help us.  If we can beat Reading and put in a good 90 minutes of attacking football we'll all feel much better.  Hopefully another body through the door as well will give everyone  a boost.

Ill be pissing blood if we go one up against Reading then Pardew decides to try and hold it for 30 minutes...Ill nut the fucking computer if he does that.

They were at home.

THis is what im saying, if we blow it against Reading then this point will do little to help us.  If we can beat Reading and put in a good 90 minutes of attacking football we'll all feel much better.  Hopefully another body through the door as well will give everyone  a boost.

Ill be pissing blood if we go one up against Reading then Pardew decides to try and hold it for 30 minutes...Ill nut the f***ing computer if he does that.

You and me both!

Guest neesy111

There's some fucking ridiculous comments on here like, dear oh dear. Lets hope the dressing room doesn't have the attitude of some on here, christ. #throwthetowelin

Absolutely have to bring another striking option though.................oh and Obertan is still fucking wank surprise surprise

We were better for 5 mins with Cabaye, and then went back to our usual pattern of play.

I agree this point will be worthless if we turn in a turd display against Reading and don't win. Atleast we're going into it having not lost.

It could be a line in the sand we have put down...it really depends on how Pardew goes about the Reading match.

But for now, for me that 0-0 today is the line in the sand and a platform.

I think that another frustrating thing is that we seem to be delaying our turn in form every game.

Every week it's "The next game is must win" then when we don't win, it's "Good performance. Hopefully we'll win next weekend." Getting sick of it tbh.