Newcastle vs. Reading - 19/01/2013 @ 3pm (not on TV) - DEFINITELY ON

Skirge

What as opposed to saying "it makes no difference to us having Cabaye and Taylor back" and "the fans aren't important in matches like these" when probably asked in the press conference about returning players and the crowd factor by journalists. What else is he supposed to say ffs :lol:

What as opposed to saying "it makes no difference to us having Cabaye and Taylor back" and "the fans aren't important in matches like these" when probably asked in the press conference about returning players and the crowd factor by journalists. What else is he supposed to say ffs :lol:

Talk is cheap, get some actual new players in

My stomach is starting to churn thinking about this. It's going to be 90 minutes of  :anguish: It's a monumental game, so big. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a complete anti-climax like the Portsmouth game at home during the relegation season. That was horrible.

Also, my team would be:

--------------------Krul-------------

---Debuchy---Perch---Colo--Santon

-----------------Bigi---Anita---------

----Marveuax-----Cabaye-----Obertan

-------------------Cisse----------------

I can't bare to see another bollockless performance from the Alien so I'd go for this.

I grant you that Ameobi playing is hardly ideal but Cisse needs support and we've got no other bugger.   

Krul

Debuchy---Perch---Colo--Santon

Bigi-----Cabaye------Anita

Marveaux

Shola---------Cisse

Id play marv just off cisse but i fear pardew will get a raging hard on for shola

To play Marv off Cisse would need the rest of the side set up to play constructive, well drilled football with lots of movement. In a Pardew side, Shola will make more sense.

Id play marv just off cisse but i fear pardew will get a raging hard on for shola

To play Marv off Cisse would need the rest of the side set up to play constructive, well drilled football with lots of movement. In a Pardew side, Shola will make more sense.

sadly aye

Agree with this. Marv was supposed to be up near Cisse yesterday and it was like he'd had a court order not to be within 100 yards of him.

The team was set up for the draw/nick a goal. You'd hope AP would be more aggressive at home to Reading.

I actually think if we lose this, Pardew's out. Massive game.

I still don't think they'll sack him any time soon. A month or so in the relegation zone might change things like.

....which will be far too late.

Agree with this. Marv was supposed to be up near Cisse yesterday and it was like he'd had a court order not to be within 100 yards of him.

The team was set up for the draw/nick a goal. You'd hope AP would be more aggressive at home to Reading.

The problem is Pardew doesn't seem to be able to set us up to play attacking football without looking kamikaze at the back. It's either all attack or all defence. Best just to stick with what he knows, maybe one will go in off someone's arse or Cisse will score a wonder goal like he did against Chelsea last year.

The problem is Pardew doesn't seem to be able to set us up to play attacking football without looking kamikaze at the back. It's either all attack or all defence. Best just to stick with what he knows, maybe one will go in off someone's arse or Cisse will score a wonder goal like he did against Chelsea last year.

Whichever side is put out, it'll be hoofball upto Cisse within 15 minutes. Might as well lob shola up there and hope for a flick on/shin on/arse on in ways only Shola can muster.

Guest neesy111

I believe that tells something about our defence, which is they need massive protection from the midfield to be able to perform well.

Dropping Mike would be very unfortunate for him, he's earned his place after doing such a great job for us this season.

We got a clean sheet last week, which was incredibly important for a team struggling like us are, and that is down to Mike and his no nonsense defending. I'll be starting Steven on the bench.

[/pardew]

Coming up for this, can't wait obviously but really am going to be nervous as we are desperate for the win!

Look forward to seeing Debuchy make his home debut and hopefully have a bit more licence to get forward.

3-0 win :)

I can't bare to see another bollockless performance from the Alien so I'd go for this.

I grant you that Ameobi playing is hardly ideal but Cisse needs support and we've got no other bugger.   

Krul

Debuchy---Perch---Colo--Santon

Bigi-----Cabaye------Anita

Marveaux

Shola---------Cisse

Cisse doesn't need support, he needs service and playing Shola alongside him doesn't provide that.  I'd be tempted to tell Debuchy to play his game in the Reading half and try to get to the byline as often as possible and have the midfield pushing up to give us numbers in the box.