Newcastle vs. Reading - 19/01/2013 @ 3pm (not on TV) - DEFINITELY ON

Skirge

Guest neesy111

I can see us falling behind to an early goal and clawing it back to 1-1 late on. A fruitless attempt to find a late winner will see the fans turn on Pardew.

Sounds plausible.

Massive pressure game but I think we'll win this. Cabaye back in the side should help us create chances and Reading will concede. Hoping that Taylor is back in the side which should help sure things up a bit to keep them out. The sooner we can get Obertan out the side the better too.

i want to see (obviously thats if ben arfa is still out and we have no incomings or outgoings)

krul

debuchy  saylor  colo    santon

cabaye  perch  anita 

obertan  marveaux

cisse

i expect to see

krul

debuchy  saylor    colo  santon

anita  perch

marveaux      cabaye    jonas

cisse

I actually think if we lose this, Pardew's out. Massive game.

I still don't think they'll sack him any time soon. A month or so in the relegation zone might change things like.

Maybe the Villa game then. If we don't win either, that's it.

I can't stand pardew, but I'm hoping we manage to scrap 2 wins from our next 2 games because if we don't quite frankly I'm not sure we will be able to stay up if we don't.

I actually think if we lose this, Pardew's out. Massive game.

I still don't think they'll sack him any time soon. A month or so in the relegation zone might change things like.

Maybe the Villa game then. If we don't win either, that's it.

Probably all depends on when they think that sacking him will be the cheapest option.

MASSIVE next 2 games. Reading at home, Villa away. Villa will have played 2 extra fixtures between the next 2 PL games, with a derby away to WBA, a cup semi against Bradford and then Millwall away. Their squad is small and young and will be exhausted. Frankly, we won't have a better opportunity to win away all season, and we'll have no excuses for a poor performance having had a week and a half to prepare. 2 very winnable games, which Pardew and the squad should be asking questions about if we dont.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Massive game.

If we don't win this we're screwed, there are not any easier games for us to finally get a fucking win and beating them would mean not only 3 points but also putting 8 between us and them.

It's gonna be a long week :(

I can see us falling behind to an early goal and clawing it back to 1-1 late on. A fruitless attempt to find a late winner will see the fans turn on Pardew.

Yep that's pretty much how it will go IMO

I think Obertan's getting a bit of a rough deal here.  He's actually looked decent when we've played him on the left.  I'd certainly be tempted to give him a go in that position with Cabaye central behind Cisse and Marv on the right.

I'd prefer us to go 433 rather than 4231 though.

I think Obertan's getting a bit of a rough deal here.  He's actually looked decent when we've played him on the left.  I'd certainly be tempted to give him a go in that position with Cabaye central behind Cisse and Marv on the right.

I'd prefer us to go 433 rather than 4231 though.

If Pardew tries 4-2-3-1 you know its going to turn into an Allardyce-era 4-5-1, sans the ability to bully teams into submission. I think we'll see exactly the same lineup we sent out against Norwich, maybe with Cabaye in for Perch.