Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Jérémy75

The powerful running/dribbling and driving the team forward has always been his game. He just used to do it from a deeper position for Toulouse.

Oui, juste devant la défense et il traverse le terrain, tout seul, tel un tigre.

Yes, just before (ahead?) the defense and through the ground, all alone, like a tiger.

After the Villa game, I thought Pardew had Sissoko and Cabaye the wrong way round, but after yesterday, I can see his thinking. Cabaye is obviously a brilliant passer of the ball but he doesn't have the quickest of feet and consequently struggles to beat players, he naturally operates better with a little extra space. Despite Sissoko being massive, he's quite a skillful fellow and can make a yard for himself easily (see 2 great megs yesterday).

It will be really interesting to see how he continues in that attacking midfield role, I'm excited.

I'm actually not surprised at all at how we are playing him. I've compared to many others here have always seen Cabaye more as lying playmaker in the sense that he doesn't have the pace or goalinstinct to play that AM role efficiently every game. Obviously he'll have his day, but I find him much better at dictating tempo with his vision and ability to pick a pass, with Siss infront of him and a player like Tiote behind him, I have no doubt we have a winning and possibly one of the best centre mids in the league.

Had to read that twice, thought you said Sissoko didn't have the pace to play AM at first :lol:

:thup:

It is the best transfer of the season for you ?

C'est le meilleur transfert de la saison pour vous ?

Absolutely !!!

Particulièrement doué !!

Different player to what I was expecting. I was expecting maybe just an upgrade on Tiote, but he could be for us what Yaya Toure is for Man City.

That's not saying he's anywhere near that level by the way, just that sort of player.

Why are people terrified of likening any of our players to other clubs' superstars? How do you judge if Sissoko is better than or inferior to Toure? As far as I'm concerned, if Sissoko had Toure's name on his shirt yesterday, it wouldn't look out of place. We just might have a couple of players who are as good, if not better than the top players at the "top" clubs.

Guest firetotheworks

He reminds me of our lord and saviour, Jesus Christ.

:lol:

Possibly an exaggeration, Jesus lacked acceleration.

I dunno like, I once saw him kill a kid with his acceleration.

He reminds me of our lord and saviour, Jesus Christ.

:lol:

Possibly an exaggeration, Jesus lacked acceleration.

Good on crosses though...

Different player to what I was expecting. I was expecting maybe just an upgrade on Tiote, but he could be for us what Yaya Toure is for Man City.

That's not saying he's anywhere near that level by the way, just that sort of player.

Why are people terrified of likening any of our players to other clubs' superstars? How do you judge if Sissoko is better than or inferior to Toure? As far as I'm concerned, if Sissoko had Toure's name on his shirt yesterday, it wouldn't look out of place. We just might have a couple of players who are as good, if not better than the top players at the "top" clubs.

On that point, I have thought Ramirez is one of the most powerful midfielders playing in the premier league, but Sissoko ran rings round him yesterday.