Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You all already know my thoughts on this bloke but suffice to say, and against popular opinion, I think he's a fundamental part of the problem.

For all the talk of the pressure all being on him, him being the only attacking outlet etc etc he consistently fails to deliver and should be replaced in the starting eleven.

His role is even more pivotal given the lack of other midfield options, I grant you that, but maybe his lack of quality with the ball at his feet is a contributory factor to the lack of movement around him. Nine times out of ten he's naffing up the final ball.

He's more likely to react to being dropped given the impending Euro's and, no matter who we replace him with, they can't do much worse in terms of actual contribution.

I was sitting right behind the dugouts at the weekend, and the frustration of SMc and PS when he constantly fucked up those early first half crossing opportunities was palpable. Literally walking back into the dugout shaking heads, looking at each other like 'wtf'?

That said, I've got sympathy for anyone in our midfield trying to find an opening for that useless cunt Riviere. He's as bad as I've seen in our colours and I was there for Guivarch, Andreas Anderrson etc.

As a general point, the sheer lack of working the channels/movement in the final third is absolutely staggering.

It makes you wonder why they keep starting him then. If this is a guy who doesn't work hard or can't cross, why is always one of the first names on the team sheet? It's either muddled thinking or trying to blame the player for their own lack of authority and direction.

Perhaps their frustration is with the lack of alternatives. Fuck knows why he always starts when his contribution in so many games is close to fuck all.

Because he still contributes more than anyone else bar Shelvey?

You all already know my thoughts on this bloke but suffice to say, and against popular opinion, I think he's a fundamental part of the problem.

For all the talk of the pressure all being on him, him being the only attacking outlet etc etc he consistently fails to deliver and should be replaced in the starting eleven.

His role is even more pivotal given the lack of other midfield options, I grant you that, but maybe his lack of quality with the ball at his feet is a contributory factor to the lack of movement around him. Nine times out of ten he's naffing up the final ball.

He's more likely to react to being dropped given the impending Euro's and, no matter who we replace him with, they can't do much worse in terms of actual contribution.

I was sitting right behind the dugouts at the weekend, and the frustration of SMc and PS when he constantly fucked up those early first half crossing opportunities was palpable. Literally walking back into the dugout shaking heads, looking at each other like 'wtf'?

That said, I've got sympathy for anyone in our midfield trying to find an opening for that useless cunt Riviere. He's as bad as I've seen in our colours and I was there for Guivarch, Andreas Anderrson etc.

As a general point, the sheer lack of working the channels/movement in the final third is absolutely staggering.

It makes you wonder why they keep starting him then. If this is a guy who doesn't work hard or can't cross, why is always one of the first names on the team sheet? It's either muddled thinking or trying to blame the player for their own lack of authority and direction.

Perhaps their frustration is with the lack of alternatives. Fuck knows why he always starts when his contribution in so many games is close to fuck all.

Except Gini's 9 goals and 2 assists.

I'd change the system/formation to remove him and make him an impact sub.

Who would you play in the right instead? Townsend?

Gini has played even worse than Sissoko for the last about 6 weeks tbf

Probably - yeah. With Perez on the other side.

Gini has played even worse than Sissoko for the last about 6 weeks tbf

Sissoko has been turning up for one game a month for years. It's hardly comparable.

I'm not sure you would get better service to the forwards with either. The best crosses coming in are consistently from Sissoko IMO. I think the problems are from the other wing, defence and the strikers.

I'm not sure you would get better service to the forwards with either. The best crosses coming in are consistently from Sissoko IMO. I think the problems are from the other wing, defence and the strikers.

A major problem is the lack of movement and 'showing' for a pass. Townsend (who I didn't want btw) at least looks for the ball and comes inside to receive it.

Sissoko sticks to the line continuously (not sure if that's the instruction from the coaches or not?) but his inability to come inside and pick a pass means his only contribution is bumbling down the line, knocking people out of the way, and getting in some service from the touchline. If the opposition double up on him (and why wouldn't they when there's no threat on the other side?) then he's rendered pretty much useless.

If you think back to the days of Solano, he'd often cut in and whip a ball in. I've hardly ever seen Sissoko do that. He's not quick minded enough.

I'll give him a partial pass for the woeful movement and working the of the channels from central midfield and up top though. That can't help any wide player.

We're desperate for a Bellamy-esque runner in and around Mitro.

Wijnaldum may have been s*** away from home all season bit isn't he also our top goalscorer and probably up there for assists too.

Regardless, I think Colback is s**** and Steven Taylor is bang average too it's got nowt to do with where they're from it's how they apply themselves.

Colback and Taylor aren't gifted like Sissoko but they do try and do care. Moussa has the talent bit his application of that talent is shocking.

I beg to differ on this one.

Diabolical that he didn't have the gonads to take that shot on when on goal. Total fucking coward!

It was probably the smarter decision to cut it back to Townsend but either it was over-hit or Townsend was on his heels. Would have to watch it again to be sure.

I'd play Sissoko, Shelvey and Gini in the middle with Perez and Townsend on the wings, if we're sticking to one up front. Hes never in the game for the first 45 minutes on the wing.

Thought he looked like he gave a shit tonight.

He probably played worse because of it. Usually his delivery is pretty good, but today he looked nervous and was over-hitting them.

Thought he played quite well apart from his ludicrous couple of moments. Wrestling Mitro to the ground was a low point.

He probably wasn't expecting Mitro to be in there tbf, it all looked a bit confused.

Thought he played quite well apart from his ludicrous couple of moments. Wrestling Mitro to the ground was a low point.

He probably wasn't expecting Mitro to be in there tbf, it all looked a bit confused.

It was Sissoko's fault IMO, Mitro is playing 1-2 and Sissoko runs in behind him.