Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah, I did read one in another thread.  Apologies.  I was shocked to see you were actually pointing out his flaws.

I've always pointed out his flaws, shit finishing, inconsistent first touch, inconsistent passing, brainless

Yeah, I did read one in another thread.  Apologies.  I was shocked to see you were actually pointing out his flaws.

I've always pointed out his flaws, s*** finishing, inconsistent first touch, inconsistent passing, brainless

Fair enough.  It just seems whenever I open this thread after one of his many crap games.  I can guarantee you'll be in here, defending his honour.  I don't even think you/we can use the argument about him being our only attacking threat, anymore.  He has been that bad the last couple of months. 

I've always pointed out his flaws, s*** finishing, inconsistent first touch, inconsistent passing, brainless

Fair enough.  It just seems whenever I open this thread after one of his many crap games.  I can guarantee you'll be in here, defending his honour.  I don't even think you/we can use the argument about him being our only attacking threat, anymore.  He has been that bad the last couple of months.

Actually thought yesterday was his worst performance in a while and wouldn't have defended him if people were calling him shit but due to the effort he put in nobody was really criticising him

He's rubbish. Useful against the bad teams as he might bundle one in, but if you need any sort of coherent attacking game plan he'll always be the one to fuck it up. His control is pathetic, his passing isn't much better and he consistently makes bad decisions.

I thought he was too careless with the ball yesterday, and I usually defend him. But Rafa seems to have been pleased with him so he's not going to get dropped any time soon.

I thought he was too careless with the ball yesterday, and I usually defend him. But Rafa seems to have been pleased with him so he's not going to get dropped any time soon.

He never ever has the ball under control and tries to beat players by just running through them rather than around them.

He never ever has the ball under control and tries to beat players by just running through them rather than around them.

That's a myth, he tends to be very direct - no step overs or feints. It can look clumsy, but when it comes off it can lead to genuine openings. I think managers prefer that to someone who will do 3 or 4 step-overs which gives the defence plenty of time to get tight on their strikers.

Guest firetotheworks

Townsend was in a much better position than Sissoko was, but Sissoko completely fucked up the very simple pass to him.

Guest firetotheworks

I've never considered him a particularly stupid player like others do, it's more that he tends to attempt the right things but often fails. That's not being stupid, it's just either not being good enough or being lazy.

He's rubbish. Useful against the bad teams as he might bundle one in, but if you need any sort of coherent attacking game plan he'll always be the one to f*** it up. His control is pathetic, his passing isn't much better and he consistently makes bad decisions.

10 league goals in 109 games and 30 league goals in his footballing career suggests that doesn't work even against crap teams.

It wasn't sissoko's fault when he passed and we didn't score. None of our other players had the football IQ to realise they should slow their run down and wait for the cutback, which was the correct thing to do. Pretty much a guaranteed goal if they had done this. It's like when a winger puts in a perfect cross but no one is in the box, it's not his fault that no one else was doing their job.

It wasn't sissoko's fault when he passed and we didn't score. None of our other players had the football IQ to realise they should slow their run down and wait for the cutback, which was the correct thing to do. Pretty much a guaranteed goal if they had done this. It's like when a winger puts in a perfect cross but no one is in the box, it's not his fault that no one else was doing their job.

I did question that yesterday, the pass looked good to me, but it looked like it caught Townsend by surprise.

To be fair when your teammate is through on goal with a great opportunity to score, you don't expect him to fizz a pass across the box to a team mate who is arguably in a worse position.

That's just not true though. The angle was tight for sissoko, if anybody waits at the edge of the box for a cutback it's a guaranteed goal. So many goals are scored this way and imo he did the right thing, I just think townsend was a bit too keen and didn't have the composure to hold his run. Look at how barcelona scored their first goal against arsenal, neymar was through on goal, but he cuts it across to messi who easily slots it away. If it's good enough for those 2 I think it's good enough for us.

To be fair when your teammate is through on goal with a great opportunity to score, you don't expect him to fizz a pass across the box to a team mate who is arguably in a worse position.

That's just not true though. The angle was tight for sissoko, if anybody waits at the edge of the box for a cutback it's a guaranteed goal. So many goals are scored this way and imo he did the right thing, I just think townsend was a bit too keen and didn't have the composure to hold his run. Look at how barcelona scored their first goal against arsenal, neymar was through on goal, but he cuts it across to messi who easily slots it away. If it's good enough for those 2 I think it's good enough for us.

:lol: Sissoko had a great opportunity to shoot and score, absolute rubbish was the angle tight. He was nearly at the edge of the 6 yard box, not on the touchline.

Townsend would have had to shoot through three or four bodies to score, Sissoko had a free aim at goal.

He bottled it and hit a lazy pass across the box.

That's a myth, he tends to be very direct - no step overs or feints. It can look clumsy, but when it comes off it can lead to genuine openings. I think managers prefer that to someone who will do 3 or 4 step-overs which gives the defence plenty of time to get tight on their strikers.

Agree - that's the best asset he has. It is when he is not being direct that he becomes a problem. With his pace and power he is almost unstoppable when he gets into his stride, but he hasn't been doing it enough lately.