Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The journo of the Evening standard article  is asked to clarify what he meant with this his confusing sentence about the 5 installments:

So Spurs can't sell him in January and get away with only paying the first installment, which would be stupid.

Even this doesn't make sense. Good to know the standard of British sports journalists is still at rock bottom.

What the fuck is that shit :lol: Did they not stop to think why the fuck we would agree to that?

I hate this "Levy always gets the best deal" shite, he doesn't.  He's overpaid on a number of players that didn't succeed at Spurs.

I was saying this yesterday, in the last couple of seasons they've took big hits on players they paid too much for. The Levy thing is a myth because of one or two deals. Bit like our signing players out the blue because it happened once or twice years ago.

The journo of the Evening standard article  is asked to clarify what he meant with this his confusing sentence about the 5 installments:

So Spurs can't sell him in January and get away with only paying the first installment, which would be stupid.

Even this doesn't make sense. Good to know the standard of British sports journalists is still at rock bottom.

I'm completely confused, I read the article and it's worded that basically they pay 6 million a year while he's with them. So if it doesn't work out for them, they could go and sell him next summer for say 15 million, and pocket 9 million on the deal while we've only recived 6 million for a player another club were prepared to pay 30 million for. It makes no sense whatsoever ! And this clarification doesn't make any sense either.

I think they need to implement a rule that states football clubs need to explain the full details of all player transactions the minute they happen. It's just causing  confusion when papers can just make up stuff to paint a good deal as a bad deal or vice versa. In the NFL, everything is made public, from the details of the compensation given (in terms of draft picks traded), the salary the player is on to the bonuses he's paid.

I'm completely confused, I read the article and it's worded that basically they pay 6 million a year while he's with them. So if it doesn't work out for them, they could go and sell him next summer for say 15 million, and pocket 9 million on the deal while we've only recived 6 million for a player another club were prepared to pay 30 million for. It makes no sense whatsoever ! And this clarification doesn't make any sense either.

I think they need to implement a rule that states football clubs need to explain the full details of all player transactions the minute they happen. It's just causing  confusion when papers can just make up stuff to paint a good deal as a bad deal or vice versa. In the NFL, everything is made public, from the details of the compensation given (in terms of draft picks traded), the salary the player is on to the bonuses he's paid.

The amendment makes sense, it's just being made to seem more complicated than it is.

Spurs owe us £30m. They will pay £6m per year.

No matter what happens, we will receive that £30m, but if they sell him before his contract is up, the remaining installments could be paid by his new club, should that be how Tottenham negotiate that transfer. Or Tottenham may continue to pay them. Or Tottenham may just lump sum the remaining fee.

All stuff that is irrelevant to us. We will receive £30m in the next 5 years (or less).

Yup, i.e. like every other fucking transfer that's paid in installments. There's only two reasons that journo brought it up 1) he misunderstood and is stupid 2) he was trying to make Spurs look better.

@afar - I'm fully on board with your point about disclosing transfer and contract data. Ridiculous how secretive it all is, but the sport of football is anti-transparency from top to bottom.

Spurs wont make a profit out of the deal either unless they sell him above what they've bought him for, its like any normal deal.

Say they sell him having paid one installment of 6m, they'd have to resell him for atleast 24m for the next club to cover that amount. If they sold him for less, they'd be liable for whatever the new club underpaid by.

83 people happy that billionaire Mike Ashley's £6m a year richer. :thup:

Mate, he was gone the second we were relegated, why are you having a hissy fit now. Personally I'm happy I no longer have to see the bloke in a Newcastle shirt again and have faith that Rafa will improve us once we've won promotion this season. Nowt to do with Ashley having money in his pocket.

If we fail to go up, your whinging will have some merit.

Mate, he was gone the second we were relegated, why are you having a hissy fit now. Personally I'm happy I no longer have to see the bloke in a Newcastle shirt again and have faith that Rafa will improve us once we've won promotion this season. Nowt to do with Ashley having money in his pocket.

There's no hissy fit. I just really don't see anything to be happy about. We sold our best player in the last hour of the transfer window with no possibility of a replacement. I don't strongly envisage the money being reinvested in the team in January or next summer, either.

Guest neesy111

There's no hissy fit. I just really really don't see anything to be happy about. We sold our best player in the last hour of the transfer window with no possibility of a replacement. I don't strongly envisage the money being reinvested in the team in January or next summer, either.

You think he is our best player, many don't.

FFS, we'll get 30M no matter what. Do some Spurs fans think that Everton will offer 30M on instalments and then Levy comes along and dupes Mike with a bit of business leaving Mike out of pocket and Levy with a right earner.

By paying this way Spurs have bought themselves a problem when in 2 or 3 years they want to off load him and still owe us 12M and he's then only worth a bag of crisps. They've bought him at the height of his value, his next port of call will be a mid to low PL side or he'll go abroad.

He was, yes. There's not much competition, like. Who would say it is?

I think "best player" arguments are daft. He was probably our most high profile player, along with Gini, and certainly our most valuable, money wise but "best"? I don't think Moussa was the best anything to be honest.

I'd argue Lascelles, Hayden and Gayle are probably more vital to the overall functioning of our team. Sissoko might have gave us the odd moment of quality but it probably would have detracted from the ethos of the team and the type of club Rafa is trying to promote.

Sissoko played for himself and, quite frankly, wasn't that good.

I think "best player" arguments are daft. He was probably our most high profile player, along with Gini, and certainly our most valuable, money wise but "best"? I don't think Moussa was the best anything to be honest.

I'd argue Lascelles, Hayden and Gayle are probably more vital to the overall functioning of our team. Sissoko might have gave us the odd moment of quality but it probably would have detracted from the ethos of the team and the type of club Rafa is trying to promote.

Agree with this. Whilst Sissoko probably had the most natural ability within our squad, I don't think we would've seen it if he did stay here for at least another 6 months.

Then, quite frankly, you're not that bright.

He wasn't that good. Whether he's got it in him to be better is another matter.

Townsend was far more productive in a small period of time & has gone for how much less?

Kante was one of a few main drivers behind Leicester winning the league & went for the same amount. Its a nuts fee for what he's shown.

Perez is a better 'footballer' than Sissoko as was Townsend and actually Shelvey is. There's probably more.

None of which are as effective footballers though or in our team at least.

Sissoko is valuable because of his athleticism nothing else.