Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Honestly, it's f***ing s**** that the manager hasn't got a clue what to do with him. He's got the potential to be one of our most important and explosive players and yet six months into his career here we're still talking about seeing him shoehorned into some stupid position and/or him being anything less than as effective as can be. Why bother buying him at all?

Desperately disappointing stuff IMO.

The writing is already on the wall that it'll be more of the same next year.  The guy literally hasn't a clue....

Good to see you finally figured it out.

I haven't finally done anything, I think both were mostly poor last season, I don't think it was purely down to them.

It's all to do with him not wanting to drop Cabaye (fair one really), Tiote or Gutierrez. The latter two shouldn't be anywhere near the team at the moment IMO, both absolute liabilities.

He should want to drop both Tiote and Jonas based on the performances from both of them last season.

I would argue that last season he was unable to use any of the four players mentioned effectively; Jonas as a DM/regular, Sissoko, Cabaye overly deep and Tiote in an utterly bizarre way. You can put these players into varied catergories of abilty but Pardew hasn't been able to get the best out of any of them imo. Telling for me.

I'd love to sign a Capoue or better DM and not have to worry about Tiote. If Anita can develop his positioning and tackling then I'm okay with that. I don't really want Tiote anywhere near our 11 if I'm honest.

Currently I'd honestly put Cabaye deep, Moussa as the dynamic box to box and Marv as the creator and call it from that. But I know tons on here will then go on and say Moussa is too attacking and not defensive and Cabaye can't play deeper but to me that's a midfield Dictating the game vs being reactive like our teams are far too often set up.

why not have all 3 of anita,cabaye and sissoko all defending, picking the ball up off the defence and using space to further the play and getting forward if and when they can, reading off each other when they have the chance to go and when to stay ?

1 attacking, 1 defensive and 1 doing a bit of both stinks of a computer game type set up.

I think that a 433 would suit us best and get all three of Tiote/cabaye/Moussa offering us a ver solid middle of the park. i would be tempted to put Mbiwa at left back (looked good and attacking) and debuchy at right back to offer the width we need going forward, add hatem and goof/marv either side of Cisse and we have a team, that if coached correctly, we can destroy teams...

-------------------Krul---------------------

------------Taylor----.--Colo-------------

Debuchy---------------------------Mbiwa

---------cabaye---Tiote---Sissoko-----

-----Hatem-------Cisse-------Marveaux

As long as we stop playing Sissoko as some sort of Trequarista, he will do fine next season. I think he's one of the 2 or 3 best players at the club. First of all, he's one of the stronger and more explosive athletes in the entire sport. He actually is fairly clever and skillful with ball control especially at speed and has a good shot on him. He's not a precise passer, but he doesn't need to be, and is passing is still good enough for the Premier League. I think he plays in a midfield three ideally, but he can play in a two, or even on the wing. Just not where he was at the end of the season.

At every level of every sport, the main goal of your tactics has to be putting your best players in a position where they can succeed and make your other players better as a result. If Pardew can't figure it out in the first ~2 months of next season he should be and will be sacked.

I vote Babatunde for next Newcastle manager.

best players in best positions.... Pards?

just to name a few of his terry f***wit out of position gaffes:

hatem

jonas

anita

cabaye

cisse

gouff

marv

Do you consider Gouffran wide as 'out of position'? Cabaye has always played CM hasn't he? What is out of position for HBA?

Sounds like he had a good match last night. Really hope he gets a run at CM over the coming games and shows Pardew he's our best option there.

Did he play DM? I seen a few people on twitter suggesting Anita was the getting more forward and Sissoko was holding more?

I've only seen highlights but it seems as if he was breaking forward a lot and was heavily involved in a couple of the goals. Obviously, it was only a pre-season friendly but great signs. I think his strong running will be far more effective from deeper positions and I hope it shows over the coming weeks.

Sounds like he had a good match last night. Really hope he gets a run at CM over the coming games and shows Pardew he's our best option there.

i'd guess pardew knows he's best there but in lat seasons situation he was the most likely to get in behind cisse, hence pushing him further forward out of necessity.

i'd guess pardew knows he's best there but in lat seasons situation he was the most likely to get in behind cisse, hence pushing him further forward out of necessity.

Well, now we know where Moussa wants to play, and that's not cm, or dm, but number 10.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/my-best-position-is-no10-insists-sissoko-1-5869866

"For me, my position is No10," said Sissoko. "But if the manager says I must play in midfield, no problem for me."

I still think Pardew 'misused' him last season out of desperation to find someone who could win us a game.