Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think we need to play him or Tiote in the holding role with Anita and Cabaye ahead.

Tiote can have the games where we need to shore it up and he's not allowed over the half way line, Sissoko, those where he'll be more free to make runs into the opposition half.

I think we need to play him or Tiote in the holding role with Anita and Cabaye ahead.

Tiote can have the games where we need to shore it up and he's not allowed over the half way line, Sissoko, those where he'll be more free to make runs into the opposition half.

Sissoko is simply not a holding midfielder. Nor is he a RM, as Pardew believes. He is a CM, plain and simple.

A holding midfielder who makes runs forward into the opposition half? :lol:

And yeah, the guy is never a holding midfielder in a million years.

Another good player who is being wasted by our clueless manager, sadly.

A big, black holding midfielder that can't defend. That's a good one. Proof if it was needed that Happy Face doesn't actually pay much attention to the games.

Did you read line 2 of the post?

The one where I said he wouldn't be the defender Tiote would?

Holding midfielders cannot be making the kinds of runs into the box Sissoko has made a career out of. It is the antithesis of the position. You must be thinking of his long lost cousin, Momo.

It is funny, with most teams that bring in foreign players to this league, they struggle at first and gradually start performing to a high standard as they come to grips with the league. Our players come in and look like world stars, only to become "rubbish" as soon as they reach the period when they should be fully adapted.

Really, really struggle to see what he offers to the XI other than not being the donkey Gutierrez.

He can mark the likes of Benteke when our new £6m CB is busy marking fresh air.

What is this line you are pushing?

Next step, to play good against someone that isn't Chelsea please.

This. He needed it though, everyone needs to take today and watch their performances - EVERY PLAYER needs to build on today. Even Cisse and Obertan :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Think he's got a psychological edge over Cole, from last year. Wasn't actually the worst idea to play him there. Such a class player to watch when he's on it. Should have buried his chance from Debuchy though.

Think he's got a psychological edge over Cole, from last year. Wasn't actually the worst idea to play him there. Such a class player to watch when he's on it. Should have buried his chance from Debuchy though.

cech got a vital touch tbf

Guest neesy111

That touch made no difference tbf.

Guest icemanblue

I haven't seen any replays, but looked as if it was one you have to finish. No big deal, like. He was very good throughout.

The touch actually took it closer to the goal tbh. It was a snap decision to hit it though so no complaints from me.

Guest neesy111

I haven't seen any replays, but looked as if it was one you have to finish. No big deal, like. He was very good throughout.

It was a hard angle, one that would had favoured a left footer.

It was a hard angle, one that would had favoured a left footer.

If he went left footed or outside of right foot he may have scored, but Cech did well there, was a top save tbh.