Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some training thing i guess

After a victory Jan. 3 against west ham departure for Abu Dhabi 5 days

Warm weather training

:lol:

"After we beat West Ham 3-1. Now gan to Abu Dhabi for 5 days an that."

I honestly think Pardew tells him and Gouffran to focus first and foremost on their defensive work, only telling them to get forward every now and again.

Sounds right.

Seriously?

Sissoko has 1 goal & 5 assists.

Gouffran has 7 goals & 3 assists.

Doesn't contradict what he said.

Gouffran has a talent for popping up in the right place at the right time. He and Sissoko are both tasked with defensive responsibilities on the outside.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

What's interesting with Sissoko is that he's a midfielder playing on the wing. So he does offer us the possibility to switch to a diamond formation if we want to be compact in the middle and if the opponent isn't attacking us much down the right.

I'm not sure i've ever seen a diamond formation look convincing in the premier league, not sure if it's the lack of width or if it's that the midfielders tending to drift wide and leaving midfield sparser than it should be on paper.

That said I like Sissoko on the right, especially with Debuchy in behind, Debuchy's attacking prowess allows him to drift more centrally and add to numbers there when necessary.

He's like the opposite to Barton after being moved from the centre to the flank. Where Barton's strength was crossing for the targetman from deep, Sissoko's is powering runs to the byline and pulling it back for the striker or midfielder arriving into the area. Makes sense when our strikers' heading isn't their main strength and it's working a treat.

They attack when we've got the ball and they defend when they don't. The same as any team.

:thup:

Players who have predominantly played on the wing getting 8 goals and 8 assists between them half way through the season isn't bad :lol:

I like the guy but it seems as though every time he goes past a person its due to the ball bouncing off his shin, or basically messing up when trying to dribble - only for the ball to land fortuitously in front of him.

If it works, it works. No qualms.

I like the guy but it seems as though every time he goes past a person its due to the ball bouncing off his shin, or basically messing up when trying to dribble - only for the ball to land fortuitously in front of him.

If it works, it works. No qualms.

He seems to do it a lot though don't think it's luck and I kind of like that kind of unaesthetic bustling past players at times like my dog chasing one of her oddly shaped toys bouncing around

• 2 weeks later...

If the loss of Cabaye allows Sissoko to be the main man in midfield, things may not be too bad.  Has the potential to be one of the best.

Still need reinforecments though. Bench was grim tonight.

Guest palnese

If the loss of Cabaye allows Sissoko to be the main man in midfield, things may not be too bad.  Has the potential to be one of the best.

Still need reinforecments though. Bench was grim tonight.

No.

Steadily getting better and better over the course of the season. Had some shocking decisions go against him tonight from the diabolical referee - which seemed to fire him up a bit.

I don't think he'll ever be a top player in the final third, but it would be interesting to move him inside to see if he's capable of really imposing himself a game from the middle of the pitch.