Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm personally not interested in selling our best players, just because we now have actual competition in his position. If he is to be sold then you sell him for an amount that is far beyond his actual value, we don't need to be selling him just to fund other players as there is no reason at all why we can't sign another CB and a winger etc etc. If it comes down to it and the club decide to sell him and use the money to invest in more prominent areas of the squad then i wouldn't particularly lose sleep over it but i'm not particularly hoping they do that either.

Or we could just spend the shit ton of money we already have and not sell anyone? And actually have a squad?

I'm not convinced by the guy personally, unless something drastic changes in him I'd rather get rid, think we could forge a better unit without him and as long as he's here he'll be taking a place.

People thinking he's one of our better players :(

TCD gets the dog's abuse, but mozy is on that level.

Compared to the forum whipping boy, ouch. I won't ask you to apologise, boil your head, or whatever else is the norm though.

Sissoko has one redeeming skill and he's bang average at anything else. Wijnaldum is a much better footballer and should take his spot in the team. That's all there is to it.

Our team isn't one player like. We can play both of them. Are you an avid watcher of the Eredivisie btw?

Compared to the forum whipping boy, ouch. I won't ask you to apologise, boil your head, or whatever else is the norm though.

Sissoko has one redeeming skill and he's bang average at anything else. Wijnaldum is a much better footballer and should take his spot in the team. That's all there is to it.

Apart from he's never played a game for us, nor ever played in the Premier League. He could end up being absolute gash, he wouldn't be the first.

I've seen him play live a couple of times and he looked class then (few years ago mind but if anything he should have improved). There's always the chance he could fail to adapt but that's the risk you take.

I imagine Sissoko probably looked class a few times for Toulouse. It's the risk you take, should you choose to sell him, yes. But then you could just not sell him, have competition, if Sissoko continues to be shit, sell him for £15m in a year or something. Fees are not going down anytime soon.

I'm personally not interested in selling our best players, just because we now have actual competition in his position. If he is to be sold then you sell him for an amount that is far beyond his actual value, we don't need to be selling him just to fund other players as there is no reason at all why we can't sign another CB and a winger etc etc. If it comes down to it and the club decide to sell him and use the money to invest in more prominent areas of the squad then i wouldn't particularly lose sleep over it but i'm not particularly hoping they do that either.

:thup:

Or we could just spend the shit ton of money we already have and not sell anyone? And actually have a squad?

I'm not convinced by the guy personally, unless something drastic changes in him I'd rather get rid, think we could forge a better unit without him and as long as he's here he'll be taking a place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from convinced. He was thoroughly shit at times last season. But £18m does nowt for me. We've had money for years. I'd prefer to have a player who has performed well for us, than give Mike another wad of cash.

As far as taking a place goes, if you're talking about playing 3 CMs every game, I'm perfectly happy with the options we have right now. And there are certainly other candidates that are "taking a place" that I'd get rid of before Moussa.

Anita

Abeid

Sissoko

Colback

Wijnaldum

Tiote

Cabella

Marveaux

Bigirimana

Vuckic

Have you seen Wijnaldum play? I haven't although I have no doubt he'll be a decent midfielder. But can he play wide right, does he have the pace to bomb down the wing and can he cross? These are things that Sissoko provides right now, whether you think he does it effectively is a different matter, but I don't see anyone else who can do it in our current squad.

18m?  Holy fuck man, take some bolt cutters to the negotiations just in case they change their mind so we can cut the briefcase off their arm

anything over 10m and we're fucking stealing from someone

Anything over 10 million? We've just paid over 10m for two blokes that did well in Belgium, one of whom doesn't know what age he is. Sissoko is clearly worth at least 15m, 18m seems reasonable

Aye, if you've not seen him play he's worth a fucking fortune.

I've seen him play plenty and he's definitely worth that in today's market. When we played last season teams figured out that if you stop Sissoko running at you we had very little other options. He's a frustrating player and probably always will be. A lot of football fans do more complaining about guys that actually try to do something when they have the ball than guys who are happy to pass the ball 5 yards sideways

18m?  Holy fuck man, take some bolt cutters to the negotiations just in case they change their mind so we can cut the briefcase off their arm

anything over 10m and we're fucking stealing from someone

Anything over 10 million? We've just paid over 10m for two blokes that did well in Belgium, one of whom doesn't know what age he is. Sissoko is clearly worth at least 15m, 18m seems reasonable

Aye, if you've not seen him play he's worth a fucking fortune.

I've seen him play plenty and he's definitely worth that in today's market. When we played last season teams figured out that if you stop Sissoko running at you we had very little other options. He's a frustrating player and probably always will be. A lot of football fans do more complaining about guys that actually try to do something when they have the ball than guys who are happy to pass the ball 5 yards sideways

Think you've nailed it there. Stop Sissoko running and you stop Sissoko.

If we play a slow, possession based game he's going to struggle no doubt. I don't think teams figured him out. It's more that we tried to play a bit more possession football with Carver initially. A lot of crap sideways passing. Moved slowly up the pitch if at all. Then it all went just awful.

Sissoko needs to play in a team with fast transitions.

If we play a slow, possession based game he's going to struggle no doubt. I don't think teams figured him out. It's more that we tried to play a bit more possession football with Carver initially. A lot of crap sideways passing. Moved slowly up the pitch if at all. Then it all went just awful.

Sissoko needs to play in a team with fast transitions.

Last sentence is correct. He literally offers nothing else.

Getting annoyed with this possession based game stuff now tbh, because McClaren wants to keep the ball better doesn't mean we are going to be Swansea :lol: There are inbetweens hoofing it and Swansea like possession whoring :lol:

And sissoko will contribute very little to it

Getting annoyed with this possession based game stuff now tbh, because McClaren wants to keep the ball better doesn't mean we are going to be Swansea :lol: There are inbetweens hoofing it and Swansea like possession whoring :lol:

This is what I keep seeing. And possession is the operative word. Not attacking but possession. Not carpet football but possession. Sissoko doesn't fit that imo.

Even if we were following the dogshit keep-the-ball-forever mentality, there will be times when we can't do that or don't want to do that. Or more realistically, 6 games will pass and we'll have 1 point and we'll rethink our "tactics".

Getting rid of any players not 100% suited to your exact style of football is FM style levels of foolish. Flexibility is key.

This is what I keep seeing. And possession is the operative word. Not attacking but possession. Not carpet football but possession. Sissoko doesn't fit that imo.

I think we are reading too heavily into it tbh, we do need to keep the ball better obviously but that doesn't mean we are going to go full on " we won the passing" Dortmund at the best kept the ball well but they were still a largely counter heavy side, not saying we are gonna be like that either but because McClaren wants more of the ball doesn't mean we are going to be like that also.

We'll have to wait and see regardless, haven't seen a second of pre season myself and most of the players being used probably won't be starters when the transfer window is over and done with.

People quickly forget he was easily amongst our best performers for the first half of last season. After we somehow resisted cashing in during January he was pants. Maybe because he wanted to go, who knows. But I wouldn't sell him.

Ditto - I want to see him play with better players and a decent coaching team.

You only sell players that are in the first team for ABOVE valuation. He's played for Pardew and Carver, and basically only a small handful of players actually progressed here, the rest stall, leave, or become shitty versions of themselves.

I'd only sell Sissoko for 25M and even that, I'm more so thinking we shouldn't even entertain offers unless its silly money.

Stopping Sissoko meant stopping us before, but now, hopefully with the addition of Wijnaldum, the return of Aarons, and a real game plan with tactics we will no longer be a 1 trick pony team.

I'd sell Sissoko if the money went on Shaqiri or a player of that ilk in terms of invention and guile, and we still plugged the gaps in defence and out wide.

I agree with what Sewelly said earlier, Sissoko is really not my type of player at all but it all depends on whether he's replaced.  If the plan is to offset some of our recent spending with this incoming transfer fee then it's obviously a no-brainer that we should keep him instead given how threadbare our squad is.

In short, I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we sold Sissoko and spent the fee on a more skilful and intelligent player.  Big if though, obviously.

I'd sell Sissoko if the money went on Shaqiri or a player of that ilk in terms of invention and guile, and we still plugged the gaps in defence and out wide.

I agree with what Sewelly said earlier, Sissoko is really not my type of player at all but it all depends on whether he's replaced.  If the plan is to offset some of our recent spending with this incoming transfer fee then it's obviously a no-brainer that we should keep him instead given how threadbare our squad is.

In short, I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we sold Sissoko and spent the fee on a more skilful and intelligent player.  Big if though, obviously.

This is where I am with Sissoko aye.

Sissoko won't be leaving. Guaranteed starter here, and as we see with Cabaye going to a team way below his level, regular football is super important this season.  Unless he moves to a team worse than us (which he wont), he wont be going anywhere this summer.  After Euro 2016 he'll be on the first flight out of here