Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sissoko is cool man. Just jesting. He is extremely frustrating at times though, but it's because I expect so much more of him.

He'll look a lot better once others start raising their games, and taking some of the weight of responsibility off of his shoulders.

We really do need to get Cisse out though. He makes so much of what we try to do look worse.

I think Cisse will look good in a team that's functioning far better than we are now.

I actually agree. We are not good enough to have him playing upfront for us.

At the same time he isn't good enough for the way our team functions either.

We don't pass the ball well enough to only really have him involved in and around the box, and so need him to get it a bit further away from there and help link our play. He is bastardly bad at it though. Just rotten. it definitely wasn't that way when he first joined either, but I think that was down to Ben Arfa carrying the ball further up the pitch so often, and then we would play through Ba on the left as well, who linked play better.

Cisse would kill it as CF in a strictly passing team play style where he just needs to be on end of chances to bury them first time.

Precisely. You are exactly right. I know I'm hard on the guy, but it's just because the fit is so bad, and it's extremely frustraiting to watch. It's hurting our play so much a lot of times.

Cisse would kill it as CF in a strictly passing team play style where he just needs to be on end of chances to bury them first time.

How can you have a strictly passing team play style of your striker doesn't fit that type of system? He doesn't contribute to it?

I always think of Bony - he was the complete striker for a system like that.  He could join with the fancy stuff. Give them someone to play off.  Force teams back with pace and strength. 

Michael Owen never played for a slick passing side regularly because he couldn't contribute. 

He's such a massive piece of the puzzle if we're going to change our fortunes on the pitch and actually develop some kind of coherent gameplan. I've gone from being certain he was leaving - and not really arsed, such was my apathy - to really, really hoping he stays. It's been such a promising transfer window and, imo, a pretty promising start on the field; Sissoko leaving now would be such a suckerpunch.

Where's he gonna play when he comes back. Easy to forget his great impact when he first joined was playing as a #10.

Mitrovic

Perez                  Sissoko                Thauvin

Anita            Wijnaldum

Might be decent. Or perhaps just have a solid 4-3-3 with the same personnel.

We have to play 3 in midfield no matter what IMO, the team as a whole is a lot more compact and fluid when we play with 3 instead of a 2 and then a 1 further forward as for what ever reason it doesn't really work to me.

Know that i want Thauvin and Perez on the wings regardless and i'm not really fussed where as i think they'll do damage with Mitrovic regardless.