Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Usually when he's on a burst 1 on 1 with a defender he rinses them, few times he picked the wrong option or did a silly turn or touch which either lost posession or slowed the attack down. Overall though he did well, nice to see him getting back late in the game to stop De Bruyne when he was tiring and the latter had gone past Tiote on the wing.

It depends on what you expect. In terms of final outcome he was shit tonight.  But he covered the whole pitch and together with Tiote we didn't lose control of the midfield against man city which is simply magnificent.

Funnily enough I thought he was fairly gash tonight. Tried hard but gave it away almost every time, hardly anything came off. Compare and contrast with games earlier in the season when he'd put less effort in (and get slagged to f*** for it) but have many more meaningful contributions to our play.

Weird.

agree. The desire was there...but hardly anything worked out for him/us.

Thought his work rate was immense.

Chased down every ball, refused to give up on lost causes, looked every bit a real captain tonight (more so than Shelvey ever has). Long may it continue.

Funnily enough I thought he was fairly gash tonight. Tried hard but gave it away almost every time, hardly anything came off. Compare and contrast with games earlier in the season when he'd put less effort in (and get slagged to f*** for it) but have many more meaningful contributions to our play.

Weird.

I'd agree with that.  I think at the minute, we need performances like last night, over the ones from earlier in the season.  If all of our players work as hard as that, then I think we'll grind out some results.  He's been a passenger for so long, that it's nice to see the change in him. 

In fairness to him, since Rafa has been here.  I think there has been a noticeable shift in the effort he puts in.  He had just been stuck out on the left, where he looks terrible. 

Can't believe he missed that 1 on 1. Had done so well to get in that position

He made his mind up to shoot too early, could have got further forward before shooting or even tried to take it past Hart.

Can't believe he missed that 1 on 1. Had done so well to get in that position

He made his mind up to shoot too early, could have got further forward before shooting or even tried to take it past Hart.

Take an extra touch, draw the foul from Mangala (IIRC).

Can't remember the chance that well but how much cover was there after Kompany? If he went down could it have been a red?

It'd never have been given but Mangala was on the left hand side of Kompany as he broke, about 10 yards away.

Rather he have a pop and not get tackled by Mangala too. He rushed his shot when he decided to take it as Mangala was about to get a foot in.

He was awesome last night, love this version of Moussa

Rather he have a pop and not get tackled by Mangala too. He rushed his shot when he decided to take it as Mangala was about to get a foot in.

He was awesome last night, love this version of Moussa

Shame we didn't see it sooner. One of the main reasons we find ourselves in this situation, imo.

Good again last night, although his passing was poor at times and he should have finished when one-on-one.

Shame his pea-sized heart meant it has taken until now for him to show up this season, he is one of the reasons we are in this mess.

He can leave end of this year, regardless what happens.

Or maybe he's playing in his best position for once and has the freedom to basically run wherever he wants rather than playing out of position on the left wing

Good again last night, although his passing was poor at times and he should have finished when one-on-one.

Shame his pea-sized heart meant it has taken until now for him to show up this season, he is one of the reasons we are in this mess.

Or maybe he's playing in his best position for once and has the freedom to basically run wherever he wants rather than playing out of position on the left wing

Sorry, my mistake. I forgot being asked to play left wing means you are allowed to give up entirely and get a free pass to contribute nothing to your team and amble around like absolutely nothing.

Even if he was asked to play in fucking goal I'd have expected to see more from him this season. He's been nothing better than disgraceful for 30 games this year. No excuses can be made for him.

Sorry, my mistake. I forgot being asked to play left wing means you are allowed to give up entirely and get a free pass to contribute nothing to your team and amble around like absolutely nothing.

Even if he was asked to play in fucking goal I'd have expected to see more from him this season. He's been nothing better than disgraceful for 30 games this year. No excuses can be made for him.

Oh he doesn't try, that must mean full backs have been destroying him all season getting assist after assist as Sissoko stands on the half way line waiting for the ball. Nah what actually happened is that Sissoko always tracked his man and full backs very rarely got any chance to attack down his side. What did people expect of him when playing out wide? To just totally leave the flank and come inside and hassle the centre midfielders and leave the full back free reign to do whatever he wanted? He's clearly played badly in some games this season but when has he not tried when he's been playing on the wing, when has a full back been allowed do what he wanted? The only game I can think of is Norwich at home where he got about 4 assists to cancel it out anyway

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-transfers-moussa-sissoko-11214202

Moussa Sissoko has once again been linked with a summer move to AC Milan - as well as Newcastle United’s Premier League rivals West Ham United.

Reports in Italy claim that Milan have never dropped their interest in Sissoko and will almost certainly attempt to sign the French international at a knock-down price if the Magpies are relegated.

Calciomercato.com also suggest that West Ham could attempt to rival the Rossoneri for the 26-year-old’s signature this summer as the east-London club prepare to start life in the Olympic Stadium from the beginning of next season.

It is claimed that Milan attempted to sign Sissoko in January but would not pay the £15million-plus United were asking for.

Sissoko has often flattered to deceive this season but has rediscovered his form during the last two matches.