Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No way this cunt leaves if we stay up and Rafa stays on. I think Rafa sees a massive untapped potential star in Moussa.

perhaps, he might also just be astute enough to play sissoko like a fiddle to help us out of the shit then move him on

if someone can get consistency out of sissoko they've got a top class player mind, so he might fancy that challenge

No way this cunt leaves if we stay up and Rafa stays on. I think Rafa sees a massive untapped potential star in Moussa.

Well it will completely depend on whether someone comes in and offers him an increased wage. If that happens, he's off.

Good again last night, although his passing was poor at times and he should have finished when one-on-one.

Shame his pea-sized heart meant it has taken until now for him to show up this season, he is one of the reasons we are in this mess.

He can leave end of this year, regardless what happens.

Or maybe he's playing in his best position for once and has the freedom to basically run wherever he wants rather than playing out of position on the left wing

Sorry, my mistake. I forgot being asked to play left wing means you are allowed to give up entirely and get a free pass to contribute nothing to your team and amble around like absolutely nothing.

Even if he was asked to play in f***ing goal I'd have expected to see more from him this season. He's been nothing better than disgraceful for 30 games this year. No excuses can be made for him.

Oh he doesn't try, that must mean full backs have been destroying him all season getting assist after assist as Sissoko stands on the half way line waiting for the ball. Nah what actually happened is that Sissoko always tracked his man and full backs very rarely got any chance to attack down his side. What did people expect of him when playing out wide? To just totally leave the flank and come inside and hassle the centre midfielders and leave the full back free reign to do whatever he wanted? He's clearly played badly in some games this season but when has he not tried when he's been playing on the wing, when has a full back been allowed do what he wanted? The only game I can think of is Norwich at home where he got about 4 assists to cancel it out anyway

Sorry like, but F1F0 is correct for me.

Sissoko has had a shockingly bad attitude all season and whether he likes playing there or not he has shown a total lack of dedication and professionalism for about 25.5 of the games this season. The one really good half he had was that second half against Norwich, who are s**** and maybe one or two decent games against the better sides in the division.

On his day, he can be a beast and almost impossible to handle, whether on the right, left or up the middle shouldn't matter such is his physicality. What we have seen under Benitez is him looking like he gives a s*** and even at full back being better than he has been most the season on the wing, which would seemingly be more suited to him.

Sissoko proved last night that he should be played where he was (CM). He controlled the midfield and Colback and Tiote swept up behind him. We looked like we had some sort of balance and some sort of fight.

Again though, it's one performance too few still at the moment. If he continues in this vain and we stay up maybe I'll forgive him.

Let's also not lose sight of the fact we now have a world class manager, the Euro's are coming up and we're likely to be going down - all great reasons for him to up his game.

The one thing I will say is I can understand why the players might have been totally uninspired to play for this shambles of a club until Benitez came in like. At least some of the players remained professional though...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-transfers-moussa-sissoko-11214202

Moussa Sissoko has once again been linked with a summer move to AC Milan - as well as Newcastle United’s Premier League rivals West Ham United.

Reports in Italy claim that Milan have never dropped their interest in Sissoko and will almost certainly attempt to sign the French international at a knock-down price if the Magpies are relegated.

Calciomercato.com also suggest that West Ham could attempt to rival the Rossoneri for the 26-year-old’s signature this summer as the east-London club prepare to start life in the Olympic Stadium from the beginning of next season.

It is claimed that Milan attempted to sign Sissoko in January but would not pay the £15million-plus United were asking for.

Sissoko has often flattered to deceive this season but has rediscovered his form during the last two matches.

Waiting for everyone to criticise Sissoko for this...despite no quotes from him whatsoever in the article.

Good again last night, although his passing was poor at times and he should have finished when one-on-one.

Shame his pea-sized heart meant it has taken until now for him to show up this season, he is one of the reasons we are in this mess.

Or maybe he's playing in his best position for once and has the freedom to basically run wherever he wants rather than playing out of position on the left wing

Sorry, my mistake. I forgot being asked to play left wing means you are allowed to give up entirely and get a free pass to contribute nothing to your team and amble around like absolutely nothing.

Even if he was asked to play in f***ing goal I'd have expected to see more from him this season. He's been nothing better than disgraceful for 30 games this year. No excuses can be made for him.

Oh he doesn't try, that must mean full backs have been destroying him all season getting assist after assist as Sissoko stands on the half way line waiting for the ball. Nah what actually happened is that Sissoko always tracked his man and full backs very rarely got any chance to attack down his side. What did people expect of him when playing out wide? To just totally leave the flank and come inside and hassle the centre midfielders and leave the full back free reign to do whatever he wanted? He's clearly played badly in some games this season but when has he not tried when he's been playing on the wing, when has a full back been allowed do what he wanted? The only game I can think of is Norwich at home where he got about 4 assists to cancel it out anyway

Sissoko has had a shockingly bad attitude all season and whether he likes playing there or not he has shown a total lack of dedication and professionalism for about 25.5 of the games this season. The one really good half he had was that second half against Norwich, who are s**** and maybe one or two decent games against the better sides in the division.

On his day, he can be a beast and almost impossible to handle, whether on the right, left or up the middle shouldn't matter such is his physicality. What we have seen under Benitez is him looking like he gives a s*** and even at full back being better than he has been most the season on the wing, which would seemingly be more suited to him.

Sissoko proved last night that he should be played where he was (CM). He controlled the midfield and Colback and Tiote swept up behind him. We looked like we had some sort of balance and some sort of fight.

Again though, it's one performance too few still at the moment. If he continues in this vain and we stay up maybe I'll forgive him.

Let's also not lose sight of the fact we now have a world class manager, the Euro's are coming up and we're likely to be going down - all great reasons for him to up his game.

The one thing I will say is I can understand why the players might have been totally uninspired to play for this shambles of a club until Benitez came in like. At least some of the players remained professional though...

If his attitude was so bad then why did the full backs up against him almost never do anything going forward? Why did he create the most chances in our team by a mile for the majority of the season? Why did he put in such a good shift when put left back?

If his attitude was so bad then why did the full backs up against him almost never do anything going forward? Why did he create the most chances in our team by a mile for the majority of the season? Why did he put in such a good shift when put left back?

:thup: Sissoko's been very poor this season but you can't accuse him of being lazy.

He was put left back with Benitez and he played well there because he was willing to work for Benitez. I said as much before.

I think you're also forgetting the number of goals that have come from our right hand side this season. It's not entirely Janmaat's fault as people would have you believe. Sissoko has been completely inept out there and unwilling to contribute, and unsurprisingly when he has been willing he has been effective, but that hasn't been anywhere often enough yet.

Wingers should help out their full backs and likewise. Except half the time Moussa has tucked in this season and shown a lack of willingness to do anything and Janmaat has been found at RM most of the time leaving the back four (three?) totally exposed...and when a back four (three?) is totally exposed it will inevitably leak goals, and lots of them when you field the likes of Taylor and unfortunately the past it Coloccini.

You're kidding yourself if you think he has been anything more than a 5/10 for the vast majority of this season.

He has been a lot better since Rafa has come in and he was seemingly unplayable last night though - I'll give you that.

:thup: Sissoko's been very poor this season but you can't accuse him of being lazy.

You most certainly can, if last night is anything to compare it against.

He was put left back with Benitez and he played well there because he was willing to work for Benitez. I said as much before.

I think you're also forgetting the number of goals that have come from our right hand side this season. It's not entirely Janmaat's fault as people would have you believe. Sissoko has been completely inept out there and unwilling to contribute, and unsurprisingly when he has been willing he has been effective, but that hasn't been anywhere often enough yet.

Wingers should help out their full backs and likewise. Except half the time Moussa has tucked in this season and shown a lack of willingness to do anything and Janmaat has been found at RM most of the time leaving the back four (three?) totally exposed...and when a back four (three?) is totally exposed it will inevitably leak goals, and lots of them when you field the likes of Taylor and unfortunately the past it Coloccini.

You're kidding yourself if you think he has been anything more than a 5/10 for the vast majority of this season.

He has been a lot better since Rafa has come in and he was seemingly unplayable last night though - I'll give you that.

I haven't said anything about his performances so your 5/10 remark is irrelevant and probably accurate enough. Give me some examples of these goals we've conceded due to Sissoko not helping Janmaat out

You most certainly can, if last night is anything to compare it against.

When you're playing attacking midfield you have more freedom to run wherever you want and close people down in a way that its easy for supporters to see. People would be going mental if when Sissoko was playing on the wing he went all over the place trying to close down defenders and centre midfielders, leaving the left back do what he wants going forward and rightly so. You see an awful lot more full backs play well against us when they are up against Perez and Gini than you do with Sissoko

When you're playing attacking midfield you have more freedom to run wherever you want and close people down in a way that its easy for supporters to see. People would be going mental if when Sissoko was playing on the wing he went all over the place trying to close down defenders and centre midfielders, leaving the left back do what he wants going forward and rightly so. You see an awful lot more full backs play well against us when they are up against Perez and Gini than you do with Sissoko

Understandably, being in the centre means more running and more freedom to close people down, etc. I agree. However, there have been numerous times when the game has passed him by and he's been caught strolling back not giving a fuck. Out of position and no desire, professionalism or thought to get back into position. Since Benitez has come in he's learned to run back as fast as he does forward.

Sissoko undoubtedly has more physicality than the two you mentioned and this will have helped him. However, I think with Gini's recent form people are forgetting how good he was for us up until Christmas. Perez isn't a midfielder for me he's a striker and again is out of position but he's gave it his all in comparison to Sissoko.

Whether it's laziness or a lack or direction, or whatever, he definitely was horrible for a lot of games, and then the best player in a Newcastle shirt in others. All in all he's been one of our better players this season although that's not saying much.

Aye, I agree with your first sentence, however I totally disagree with the second.

He may have been one of our more effective players, when he has rarely been on his game. However, he's underperformed for 95% of the season. A lot of our lesser able players have played to their level (or above) and that's also part of the reason why we are where we are - lack of quality. For me players of the season should be based on form and not ability, and based on form Moussa has proven last night that he hasn't been performing well at all this season.

As you say though, it doesn't say much regardless of who we think has been our best player this season.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-transfers-moussa-sissoko-11214202

Moussa Sissoko has once again been linked with a summer move to AC Milan - as well as Newcastle United’s Premier League rivals West Ham United.

Reports in Italy claim that Milan have never dropped their interest in Sissoko and will almost certainly attempt to sign the French international at a knock-down price if the Magpies are relegated.

Calciomercato.com also suggest that West Ham could attempt to rival the Rossoneri for the 26-year-old’s signature this summer as the east-London club prepare to start life in the Olympic Stadium from the beginning of next season.

It is claimed that Milan attempted to sign Sissoko in January but would not pay the £15million-plus United were asking for.

Sissoko has often flattered to deceive this season but has rediscovered his form during the last two matches.

Waiting for everyone to criticise Sissoko for this...despite no quotes from him whatsoever in the article.

That doesn't really work since what people criticise him for are actual quotes saying he wants away, that appear in articles quite regularly [emoji38]

Whether it's laziness or a lack or direction, or whatever, he definitely was horrible for a lot of games, and then the best player in a Newcastle shirt in others. All in all he's been one of our better players this season although that's not saying much.

Aye agree with your first sentence, however I totally disagree with the second.

He may have been one of our more effective players, when he has rarely been on his game. However, he's underperformed for 95% of the season. A lot of our lesser able players have played to their level (or above) and that's also part of the reason why we are where we are - lack of quality. For me players of the season should be based on form and not ability, and based on form Moussa has proven last night that he hasn't been performing well at all this season.

As you say though, it doesn't say much regardless of who we think has been our best player this season.

He's underperformed in 32 games out of 34?

That doesn't really work since what people criticise him for are actual quotes saying he wants away, that appear in articles quite regularly [emoji38]

He never actually says he wants to leave, he says that he wants to play in the Champions League in the future but is happy here. Its the frequency of the interviews that is annoying, not the content

He never actually says he wants to leave, he says that he wants to play in the Champions League in the future but is happy here. Its the frequency of the interviews that is annoying, not the content

Well yeah, the fact that he's saying he wants to play in the champions league every couple of months when we're invariably in the bottom 5 is a bit of a hint that he's not on about doing it with us.

He heavily implies it like, it's why I've never really liked him despite being a fan of him as a player. Since Benitez has come in I'd be happy to fuck him off regarless of whether we stay up unless he commits and shuts the fuck up.

That's one of my largest gripes with him. Don't talk the talk if you're not walking the walk. Lascelles in recent weeks has been the opposite but actually has backed his words up with stronger actions. Hence why he's fast becoming a fan favourite and Moussa well...isn't.