Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think people who comment don't actually watch our games sometimes or are just so easily influenced they go with the flow of whatever fan/forum opinion is.

What do you mean? 

If you're saying people who don't rate Sissoko particularly highly don't watch our games properly that's utter bollocks.  He's had some decent spells but will go down as one of the most frustrating players we've ever had in the side.

Think people who comment don't actually watch our games sometimes or are just so easily influenced they go with the flow of whatever fan/forum opinion is.

I watch every game and think he's shit. Can't pass the ball 5 yards and dribbling then predictably loses the ball with nothing gained.

Exactly this, sometimes you'd think he was turning a corner after he'd put in a decent performance or 2 than he'd have about 6 or 7 games in a row where he couldn't control or pass a ball and constantly ran into brick walls hoping he could batter his way through. That's why I think he's pretty crap, watching him play every week for 3 and a half years.

I find it hard to assess him, his style is inconsistent by nature. I would have him in a midfield 3 probably, not as a proper wide player.

He would really benefit from working on his decision making and passing/shooting - if bursts of activity just inside the opponent's half were the criteria he'd be the best player in the world.

All that said, I don't hate him and he's far too good for the championship.

I find it hard to assess him, his style is inconsistent by nature. I would have him in a midfield 3 probably, not as a proper wide player.

He would really benefit from working on his decision making and passing/shooting - if bursts of activity just inside the opponent's half were the criteria he'd be the best player in the world.

All that said, I don't hate him and he's far too good for the championship.

Pretty much, aye :lol:

He somehow moves the ball in a straight line up the pitch better than just about anyone I've ever seen, he only stops himself once he gets going.

a motivated sissoko who have quality around him is a very good player. Passing and end product is areas where he could be better.

Passing and end product are pretty damn important for teams at that level. Passing is the most basic skill alongside ball control and a player who thinks he is good enough for champions league teams should be able to pass 5 yards

Amazing athlete but a limited footballer and that's why he's so inconsistent and doesn't develop. At times he can fly past players or burst through tight spaces and it comes off, but at other times it doesn't and makes him look like a one trick pony. When it doesn't come off or he doesn't have any space to affect a game, you just see his poor awareness and ball control. He'd be very useful in the Championship but he's also very replaceable. If we can sell him and bring in two quality players who want to be here, it's a step forward.

He's an athlete with virtually zero footballing intelligence and his stats back that up.

We could replace him for a tenth of his cost for someone equally as effective (statistically) imho.

I watch every game and think he's shit. Can't pass the ball 5 yards and dribbling then predictably loses the ball with nothing gained.

Exactly this, sometimes you'd think he was turning a corner after he'd put in a decent performance or 2 than he'd have about 6 or 7 games in a row where he couldn't control or pass a ball and constantly ran into brick walls hoping he could batter his way through. That's why I think he's pretty crap, watching him play every week for 3 and a half years.

:thup:

He's an athlete with virtually zero footballing intelligence and his stats back that up.

We could replace him for a tenth of his cost for someone equally as effective (statistically) imho.

That's it for me. Just say for arguments sake we get £20m for him. I would expect Rafa to go out and sign a better replacement for half that.

That's it for me. Just say for arguments sake we get £20m for him. I would expect Rafa to go out and sign a better replacement for half that.

You wouldn't even need £10m to replace him. So many players who are, in theory, worse deliver far more for their teams statiscally.

If you looked at Sissoko's contribution, without knowing the players name/nationality etc, you'd never see an international footballer.

I genuinely hope he leaves and feel the club will be far better off without him and his 'better than NUFC' attitude.

You can tell by the players Rafa has recruited that we're no longer selling NUFC as a stepping stone club.

In some respects we shouldn't expect anything more from this shithouse because him, and the likes of Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote etc were all sold the long term dream of using the club for their own gain.

It's no wonder we've been left with a squad full of heartless cunts who care only for themselves.

Rafa is very clearly going about introducing a new culture and I can't imagine there's much of a place for twats like Sissoko/Gini etc, whatever Benitez is saying publically.

I'm personally delighted to see these career vultures leave. Cisse, Sissoko, Tiote etc are all just Demba Ba's without the same PR Machines behind them.

NUFC will be a better place without them, a healthier environment where new players will appreciate the opportunity and, I would hope, view playing for NUFC as an honour. Something most of the shitehawks we will ship out clearly don't.

I watch every game and think he's s***. Can't pass the ball 5 yards and dribbling then predictably loses the ball with nothing gained.

:thup:

There's a reason the big clubs haven't come in for him over the past couple of seasons despite him making it very clear he would jump at the chance for a move - he just doesn't have the attributes that a lot of the big teams are looking for, most notably composure. Scouting is so thorough these days that every coach/manager will be aware of his limitations. 

If we're hoping a team who hasn't watched him as much as we have can be duped into paying a big fee based on his performances at the Euros alone, I can't see it happening. That sort of transfer rarely happens now. 

Our best hope is that a team that plays counter-attacking football needs a fast, athletic box-to-box player and is prepared to overlook his lack of goals, assists, passing ability and the fact that at 26 years old he's not likely to improve significantly in any of those departments.

In some respects we shouldn't expect anything more from this shithouse because him, and the likes of Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote etc were all sold the long term dream of using the club for their own gain.

It's no wonder we've been left with a squad full of heartless c***s who care only for themselves.

Rafa is very clearly going about introducing a new culture and I can't imagine there's much of a place for t***s like Sissoko/Gini etc, whatever Benitez is saying publically.

I'm personally delighted to see these career vultures leave. Cisse, Sissoko, Tiote etc are all just Demba Ba's without the same PR Machines behind them.

NUFC will be a better place without them, a healthier environment where new players will appreciate the opportunity and, I would hope, view playing for NUFC as an honour. Something most of the shitehawks we will ship out clearly don't.

Spot on - I made similar points in the Colo thread about our idiotic transfer policy of signing players to piss all over us and use us a stepping stone resulting in complete care-free attitudes towards the club!

You wouldn't even need £10m to replace him. So many players who are, in theory, worse deliver far more for their teams statiscally.

If you looked at Sissoko's contribution, without knowing the players name/nationality etc, you'd never see an international footballer.

I genuinely hope he leaves and feel the club will be far better off without him and his 'better than NUFC' attitude.

You can tell by the players Rafa has recruited that we're no longer selling NUFC as a stepping stone club.

It's no wonder we've been left with a squad full of heartless cunts who care only for themselves.

Rafa is very clearly going about introducing a new culture and I can't imagine there's much of a place for twats like Sissoko/Gini etc, whatever Benitez is saying publically.

It all sounds so plausible, but not a lot of it really stands up under scrutiny.

He's lazy - he's not.

He wants to play in the CL - well most would, and he's been here for a few years now. It's not like he bailed out after 13 matches to fuck off to Palace.

Rafa is going to introduce a new culture - true, but he's given no indication that Sissoko is a problem player, if anything he seems very keen to keep him. If he wanted shot he'd have bombed him out for £3m and that would be that.

Get it through your skulls, if he leaves it will be at our price point and for a 26 yr old who just starred in the Euro final it won't be for peanuts. How old is £100 million rated Payet btw, considering he flopped in the same tournament?

It's no wonder we've been left with a squad full of heartless c***s who care only for themselves.

Rafa is very clearly going about introducing a new culture and I can't imagine there's much of a place for t***s like Sissoko/Gini etc, whatever Benitez is saying publically.

It all sounds so plausible, but not a lot of it really stands up under scrutiny.

He's lazy - he's not.

He wants to play in the CL - well most would, and he's been here for a few years now. It's not like he bailed out after 13 matches to f*** off to Palace.

Rafa is going to introduce a new culture - true, but he's given no indication that Sissoko is a problem player, if anything he seems very keen to keep him. If he wanted shot he'd have bombed him out for £3m and that would be that.

Get it through your skulls, if he leaves it will be at our price point and for a 24 yr old who just starred in the world cup final it won't be for peanuts. How old is £100 rated Payet btw, considering he flopped in the same tournament?

I'd take Payet for £100 like regardless of his age.

He's lazy - he's not.

He wants to play in the CL - well most would, and he's been here for a few years now. It's not like he bailed out after 13 matches to f*** off to Palace.

Get it through your skulls, if he leaves it will be at our price point and for a 24 yr old who just starred in the world cup final it won't be for peanuts. How old is £100 rated Payet btw, considering he flopped in the same tournament?

He's 26 and it was the Euros

He's lazy - he's not.

He wants to play in the CL - well most would, and he's been here for a few years now. It's not like he bailed out after 13 matches to fuck off to Palace.

Get it through your skulls, if he leaves it will be at our price point and for a 26 yr old who just starred in the Euro final it won't be for peanuts. How old is £100 million rated Payet btw, considering he flopped in the same tournament?

Not sure which bit doesn't stand up to scrutiny? His contribution has been minimal since day one.

Do any of the new signings strike you as 'stepping stoners'? They don't look it to me.

The culture change will be clear after the summer but the departures board are almost all players with questionable application.

I've not said he's lazy tbh but his contribution has been largely very very poor.

As for the Champions League guff, he's been spouting it since the early days so it's not like it's new.

Your opinion that Payet flopped is an interesting one. Check out the respective stats. One player hit three goals and 2 assists over the 7 games. The other got 0 of each in 5 games. He barged passed a few players though, so that was canny.

He's all fart and no shit.

Barging your way down the wing, knocking people over in your way is one thing. An intelligent player would actually contribute in a meaningful way.

A HUGE proportion of his possession comes to nothing. Rafa will have seen this.

This is bollocks. Even statistically, he was our most creative player last season in terms of chances created.

He's lazy - he's not.

Not sure which bit doesn't stand up to scrutiny? His contribution has been minimal since day one.

Do any of the new signings strike you as 'stepping stoners'? They don't look it to me.

The culture change will be clear after the summer but the departures board are almost all players with questionable application.

I've not said he's lazy tbh but his contribution has been largely very very poor.

As for the Champions League guff, he's been spouting it since the early days so it's not like it's new.

Your opinion that Payet flopped is an interesting one. Check out the respective stats. One player hit three goals and 2 assists over the 7 games. The other got 0 of each in 5 games. He barged passed a few players though, so that was canny.

He's all fart and no shit.

Barging your way down the wing, knocking people over in your way is one thing. An intelligent player would actually contribute in a meaningful way.

A HUGE proportion of his possession comes to nothing. Rafa will have seen this.

So then my did Rafa make him captain and is desperately looking to keep hold of him?