Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I fucking hate that "chances created" stat.  It's one of the most useless stats I hear being thrown around IMO.

Sissoko played nigh on every minute of last season, and especially under McClaren, our tactics were to attack down right hand side through him and Janmaat, so if his "chances created" wouldn't have been the highest in our sorry excuse of a team, it would have been absolutely embarrassing.

Sissoko's poor delivery is part of the reason we got relegated, no matter how many of those are counted as a chance created.

On the other hand, he created plenty of chances that weren't converted. This criticism that he has no football intelligence is also a strange one. He's quite often involved in clever one-twos or the flick round the defender which led to the shot on goal on Sunday. I just don't see it. He does go at defenses at full speed and sometimes lose the ball, but that's more to get beyond them rather than fuck about doing step-overs which allows the defence to get behind the ball.

I've never said he was a world beater, but I've always maintained he's far better than he's given credit for. Ultimately the transfer market will prove me right.

You'd be mad not to recognise he's been a fundamental problem since day one because his contribution is so minimal.

I'd hardly say the transfer market is the best mechanism to demonstrate a players ability either. I prefer to judge based on what I've seen in the flesh and what the stats demonstrate his contribution to have been rather than seeing some TV money chucked at last minute in panic.

Good for you,  no reason for you not to be happy with your own opinion, I'm just pleased we have Rafa here to actually make the call. It will add at least £15m to our coffers.

Incidentally, the real criticism that could be levelled at Sissoko is that he doesn't score enough goals. That's a valid point (even if I'm making it myself on the critics behalf), but he still carries enough threat on the counter to be a valuable outlet.

Such a threat he's scores every 30 odd games and sets up a goal every 5.5 games.

He's been here three years or so and you can probably count on one hand any really memorable through balls or great crosses. In 118 games.

Rafa will play the game in terms of his value but privately I should imagine he'd be very confident in replacing him with a MUCH better option. It really wouldn't take much.

We signed Andros for £12m FFS and he showed more in 12 games than this gimp did all season.

I fucking hate that "chances created" stat.  It's one of the most useless stats I hear being thrown around IMO.

Sissoko played nigh on every minute of last season, and especially under McClaren, our tactics were to attack down right hand side through him and Janmaat, so if his "chances created" wouldn't have been the highest in our sorry excuse of a team, it would have been absolutely embarrassing.

Sissoko's poor delivery is part of the reason we got relegated, no matter how many of those are counted as a chance created.

On the other hand, he created plenty of chances that weren't converted. This criticism that he has no football intelligence is also a strange one. He's quite often involved in clever one-twos or the flick round the defender which led to the shot on goal on Sunday. I just don't see it. He does go at defenses at full speed and sometimes lose the ball, but that's more to get beyond them rather than fuck about doing step-overs which allows the defence to get behind the ball.

I've never said he was a world beater, but I've always maintained he's far better than he's given credit for. Ultimately the transfer market will prove me right.

You'd be mad not to recognise he's been a fundamental problem since day one because his contribution is so minimal.

I'd hardly say the transfer market is the best mechanism to demonstrate a players ability either. I prefer to judge based on what I've seen in the flesh and what the stats demonstrate his contribution to have been rather than seeing some TV money chucked at last minute in panic.

Good for you,  no reason for you not to be happy with your own opinion, I'm just pleased we have Rafa here to actually make the call. It will add at least £15m to our coffers.

Incidentally, the real criticism that could be levelled at Sissoko is that he doesn't score enough goals. That's a valid point (even if I'm making it myself on the critics behalf), but he still carries enough threat on the counter to be a valuable outlet.

Such a threat he's scores every 30 odd games and sets up a goal every 5.5 games.

He's been here three years or so and you can probably count on one hand any really memorable through balls or great crosses. In 118 games.

Rafa will play the game in terms of his value but privately I should imagine he'd be very confident in replacing him with a MUCH better option. It really wouldn't take much.

We signed Andros for £12m FFS and he showed more in 12 games than this gimp did all season.

I like how you're now making it out as if Rafa is agreeing with your assessment all along. :lol: He's going to craftily lure other clubs into overpaying for the big daft lump like fishing them on a line. :fishing:

7 assists isn't bad all things considering tbh, my issue with him is he usually makes the wrong decision in the final third and to me for that reason he'll always be inconsistent player no matter who he plays for.

It's all relative. I actually think his decision making is quite good in the final third

Not having that, on a break he almost always gives straight to the opposition. :lol: If his decision making was actually good that assist number would be well into the teens.

You know it's slim pickings when your 'attacking midfielder' is lauded for creating 7 chances and scoring 1 goal in an entire season.

He's not an attacking midfielder though, never was. Because our idiotic coaches tried to force him into one because he's an athlete doesn't make it so.

7 assists isn't bad all things considering tbh, my issue with him is he usually makes the wrong decision in the final third and to me for that reason he'll always be inconsistent player no matter who he plays for.

It's all relative. I actually think his decision making is quite good in the final third

Not having that, on a break he almost always gives straight to the opposition. :lol: If his decision making was actually good that assist number would be well into the teens.

I believe that assist number would be into the teens with better strikers. I also think his decision making is okay. Lacks a bit of technical ability but that is more apparent in build-up play. Has a decent football mind imo. Just one dimensional and limited technically.

He got four of those assists in one game as well, didn't he? Which is often a stick that Wijnaldum gets hit with whenever someone mentions him scoring 11 goals last season. So that leaves three assists in the remaining 35 games.

I like how you're now making it out as if Rafa is agreeing with your assessment all along. :lol: He's going to craftily lure other clubs into overpaying for the big daft lump like fishing them on a line. :fishing:

You think a goal a season and a handful of assists is difficult to replace? :lol:.

Rafa knows it. Everyone knows it.

We'll not miss him one little bit.

You think a goal a season and a handful of assists is difficult to replace? :lol:.

Yeah Rafa's going to hypnotise all those other clubs into bidding daft money for a big clumsy twat. :lol:

Looks like we've got the only clued up manager in the world, everyone else is being advised by John Carver. :lol:

You know it's slim pickings when your 'attacking midfielder' is lauded for creating 7 chances and scoring 1 goal in an entire season.

He's not an attacking midfielder though, never was. Because our idiotic coaches tried to force him into one because he's an athlete doesn't make it so.

When he is played as an attacking midfielder, he's an attacking midfielder - he is being given the responsibility to create.  You have to judge a player on the position he is playing, not the position he should be playing surely?

I agree that he shouldn't be considered an attacking midfielder because he doesn't have the requisite skills. 

Yeah Rafa's going to hypnotise all those other clubs into bidding daft money for a big clumsy twat. :lol:

Looks like we've got the only clued up manager in the world, everyone else is being advised by John Carver. :lol:

I look forward to seeing him end up in Russia, Qatar, China or wherever when his next club recognises they've overpaid and he's a dope.

How do you explain his poor contribution when compared to Norwich players, Villa players etc?

We'll get a good fee because many others may see a 26 year old international who can knock people over and think there's a good player there.

As it is, only WBA have shown a formal interest. Says a lot.

Aye I'm sure it gets counted as a chance if its a poor delivery, that would make perfect sense

The bottom line IMO is that despite not being anything like an attacking midfielder he is still our biggest threat by a mile going forward. Sissoko should be used as a midfielder who drives forward with the ball and then passes it off to more talented and creative players but due to our circumstances we had to play him as our main creative player because we didn't have anyone else to create until Townsend came in. Minhosa trying to make out that Rafa doesn't rate him is hilarious considering what he's sai about him since he joined

The bottom line IMO is that despite not being anything like an attacking midfielder he is still our biggest threat by a mile going forward. Sissoko should be used as a midfielder who drives forward with the ball and then passes it off to more talented and creative players but due to our circumstances we had to play him as our main creative player because we didn't have anyone else to create until Townsend came in. Minhosa trying to make out that Rafa doesn't rate him is hilarious considering what he's sai about him since he joined

I'm not saying he doesn't rate him but I think for sure he'll be totally ok with him going. I think he's playing a game regarding the fee tbqh.

He's very replaceable and I'd trust Rafa to sort that out very quickly.

Shame we couldn't have kept Townsend and kicked this bloke into touch instead.

Aye, Sissoko played every minute under Rafa I believe. Most of which as captain. He's said in the press he doesn't want to sell.

Yet some in here are acting like the opposite is happening. How many players played every game under Rafa they were fit for? Dummett, Sissoko, Memba, Janmaat & perhaps Colback & Townsend. The rest got bench action.

I'm not saying he doesn't rate him but I think for sure he'll be totally ok with him going. I think he's playing a game regarding the fee tbqh.

Considering his utilisation of Sissoko, I reckon he's one of the last Rafa would like to leave.

Considering his utilisation of Sissoko, I reckon he's one of the last Rafa would like to leave.

Considering the amount by which the buyer will be overpaying, I think he'll somehow manage.

Considering the amount by which the buyer will be overpaying, I think he'll somehow manage.

I think he probably will manage, but that's beside the point. Given a choice he'd probably far rather keep him here, and everything he's said supports this. Now that might not chime with your opinion or others on here, but if you go by Rafa's words and actions that's the only conclusion you can come to.

Whether you think he's an overrated wantaway cunt is neither here nor there, but ironic you compared him with Townsend who fucked off after 6 months to a club run by the biggest fraud in football history.

How much would you consider to be overpaying for him

I think he probably will manage, but that's beside the point. Given a choice he'd probably far rather keep him here, and everything he's said supports this. Now that might not chime with your opinion or others on here, but if you go by Rafa's words and actions that's the only conclusion you can come to.

Whether you think he's an overrated wantaway cunt is neither here nor there, but ironic you compared him with Townsend who fucked off after 6 months to a club run by the biggest fraud in football history.

The only conclusion I'll come to is the one resultant of all I witnessed him deliver these past few years and I'll be over the moon when he packs his bags and fucks off.

Townsend showed more in those few months than this shitstick has in a few years.

Very very very easy to replace a goal every 11 games from a midfielder and a handful of assists per season. Running so quickly with his head down and knocking people out of the way, I grant you may take a bit of replacing but I'm fairly certain we'll be ok.

The only conclusion I'll come to is the one resultant of all I witnessed him deliver these past few years and I'll be over the moon when he packs his bags and fucks off.

Townsend showed more in those few months than this shitstick has in a few years.

Very very very easy to replace a goal every 11 games from a midfielder and a handful of assists per season. Running so quickly with his head down and knocking people out of the way, I grant you may take a bit of replacing but I'm fairly certain we'll be ok.

You can drool over Townsend alongside Pardew next season mate, personally if he gets his leg broken in the first match of the season I wouldn't give a toss.