Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Played his way to PSG at Euro 16 in my John Humble.

PSG don't sing players with limited technical ability.  He'd look well out of place there.

They've got Matuidi, who is definitely technically limited and shit with it, as we saw on Sunday.

it also highlights the state of our club last season and the chronic short-termism and small time attitude. "go on moussa, stay another year and you can go for 15-20m after that."

that would not have been said a year ago if Rafa had been in charge.

Played his way to PSG at Euro 16 in my John Humble.

PSG don't sing players with limited technical ability.  He'd look well out of place there.

They've got Matuidi, who is definitely technically limited and shit with it, as we saw on Sunday.

He didn't look that technically limited to me, isn't he a holding type of midfielder? Spraying some great passes around for most of the tournament.

Anyone with nufcTV listened to what Rafa has had to say about Sissoko in the latest vid they've put up?

Rafa quoted on .com as saying no price has been put on Sissoko and he wants him to stay.  The end

it also highlights the state of our club last season and the chronic short-termism and small time attitude. "go on moussa, stay another year and you can go for 15-20m after that."

that would not have been said a year ago if Rafa had been in charge.

This quote makes no sense, it wasn't his choice to stay another year last year either. He had a contract. His agent may have gone begging for him to go but the ownership quite rightly said , we are not listening to offers this year but if we get an offer next year for between 15 and 20 million we'll let him go. Since then , because of his performance in the Euros (he's only got himself to blame here), his price has gone up. Of course the agent has spun that conversation to one that makes it look they have gone back on their word, when in all likelihood they haven't.

Those quotes are fantastic and something I've been crying out for us to do more of over the last few years. Of course he's going to leave, but by saying what we're saying we're going to be getting more for him. Remember the Cabaye situation? We should have easily milked between 5-10 million more for him, but we didn't because the entire fucking world knew we had caved in to his demands. Daniel Levy is very good at this as well.

Rafa quotes:

People are talking about this price, this price – we don’t want to sell so we haven’t put any price and we are pleased, we are happy with him.

I appreciate him too much to think about that I will miss him so we know he has done really well and a lot of people will be talking about him.

But we’d like to see him here and that’s it.

Anyone with nufcTV listened to what Rafa has had to say about Sissoko in the latest vid they've put up?

Disappointed for him cause they didnt win, but pleased for him cause he did well.

He [Rafa] made him captain because he rates him "really high"

"We don't want to sell, so we didnt put any price. We are pleased and happy with him. I appreciate him too much to think about losing him"

Would like to see him stay

Rafa quotes:

People are talking about this price, this price – we don’t want to sell so we haven’t put any price and we are pleased, we are happy with him.

I appreciate him too much to think about that I will miss him so we know he has done really well and a lot of people will be talking about him.

Perfect from Rafa really, he's playing the situation out the way it should be. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he starts the Fulham game, but will be a little shocked if he's still in a Newcastle shirt come September.

I cannot see the problem with us putting a value on the player of GBP35kk or even higher if that is what we value him at.

Why on earth should we sell him to another team for less than he is worth as a favour to the player?  He feels he needs to go and play somewhere else, that is fine, the new team has to pay what the going price is for a player of his obvious abilities, I saw it myself at the Euros, he is pretty good when he wants to be.  If he wanted to be sold for cheap he should have played crap in the Euro final and then his value would not have elevated.....

Given the prices that are quoted for top players these days 35Mil is very reasonable, come on - if Pogba is worth 100Mil then I would say 35Mil is a bargain for Sissoko.

Rafa quotes:

Rafa moving to check mate without breaking sweat :lol:

Schalke and Milan are massive clubs imo. And he's on a different planet to Zogs man.

If Sissoko had some end product to his game he'd be one of the best midfielders in the world. He has absolutely zero composure in the final third and offers little no goal threat so what exactly does he offer a top team?

N'Zogbia scored goals and created chances consistently. Sissoko definitely looks like the better player and perhaps has the potential to be better player but at the moment he's all fart and no s***

He was never originally an attacking type.

More defensive, over time his role and development has altered. This is why he's so frustrating, he's had his natural ability coached out of him and adapted to suit Pardew.

Basically was meant to be a Vieira type or defensive type, and Pardew shoved him out wide on the right.

Genius.

Tbf he positioning an awareness is horrible for a defensive player. He only sees what's in front of him.

It's true though, Toulouse fans will tell you this. Was a naturally gifted DM. He pressed on in his last season with them after the departure of Capoue to Spurs, starting to advance forward. In the early days of Liverpools courting of him it was for his abilities as a holding midfield player. He's totally changed his game.

Yes maybe unrecognisable as a holding midfield type now.

You could argue similar cases on other players that have had natural roles coached out of them. We have been great at playing players out of position or shoving them where necessary.

Sissoko left before Capoue did....

Also, Capoue played deeper of the two and Sissoko was the one who used to break forward, often on the end of some excellent passing from Capoue who arguably looked the better player.

Muddled up with another player then, a player left and Sissoko played a more advanced position for a bit, but was largely before a DM.

It's on his wiki or French wiki.

Well win either way. Keep him and if his head is right hell be a good asset. If he goes well have alot of money to invest. I think well probably sign Hanley and. Striker and that will be it. If Gini or Sissoko leave well sign 3/4 more imo.

That's some if when his head hasn't seemed right since not getting his move last time and that's without the prospect of Championship football. I think he'll go for about £25mill.

Compare that quote to Pardew with Cabaye, Ba, etc. :lol:

Yep. Breath of fresh air.

At the end of the day, the club don't need to do this twat a favour. He's not given the sort of service, ala Cech or, at a push, Suarez, for us to let him go cheap. And even in the aforementioned examples both players were sold for a fair price.

Rafa quotes:

Perfect from Rafa really, he's playing the situation out the way it should be. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he starts the Fulham game, but will be a little shocked if he's still in a Newcastle shirt come September.

Nightmarish visions of manager quotes past:

Pardew: "Well everyone's for sale for the right price. With Newcastle, you can never rule out players leaving."

John Carver: "I think Janmaat would fit in perfectly with Louis Van Gaal's system, way he's set them up to play. He can slot in as fullback."