Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

£30m for Sissoko  :lol:

Newcastle should be investigated for theft.

I dunno like, £35m for Carroll and £20m for Henderson in the market at the time takes some beating imo. £50m for David Luiz is still the single funniest transfer I can think of, he got absolutely ripped to shreds in the World Cup and produced some of the most comical defending I've ever seen (even as a Newcastle fan) - and we watched it all knowing that he was the world's most expensive defender. It was f***ing hilarious. :lol:

This bit pisses me off, he got ripped to shreds in one game, a game where a whole team was ripped to shreds. For the rest of the World Cup David Luiz was together with Neymar two of the best players in their own positions. If I'm not completely wrong he was considered the best central defender in the World Cup by plenty of newspapers right until the semi-final. I'm not saying he's worth that money, but there's a reason he's gone three times for a very high fee and that is because he's an excellent footballer and defender on his day and managers believe they can be the one to help him from having those lapses in concentrations.

That being said, he's not worth that money and PSG did the right thing having two central defenders who are better than him, but he's also not the worst defender in the world etc.

cropped_REU_2080816.jpg?ts=1405201713

I think Moussa has a sh*tload of pressure on him now, after this move.

Pundits and reporters are already mocking the fee, given his contribution on the pitch for us last season... and we know it wasn't just last season. Then there is the whole farce and treatment of Everton yesterday.

Think his performances are going to be scrutinised even more now, so he's going to have to perform week in/out - especially now he has his Champions League wish, too. John Anderson has long questioned his ability to perform under pressure, so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Pundits reporters and John Anderson are mocking the fee eh? I'll bet Pochettino is immediately questioning his own judgement as he sits down to read the papers this morning.

The only reason Sissoko was worth £30m is because lesser players were going for inflated prices elsewhere. If Ryan Mason is worth £13m but has only got one cap and very little league experience then Sissoko is worth twice as much, it's all relative. Yes it's stupid money but if people are going to pay it then of course you're going to want to get as much as possible for your own player.

£30m for Sissoko  :lol:

Newcastle should be investigated for theft.

I dunno like, £35m for Carroll and £20m for Henderson in the market at the time takes some beating imo. £50m for David Luiz is still the single funniest transfer I can think of, he got absolutely ripped to shreds in the World Cup and produced some of the most comical defending I've ever seen (even as a Newcastle fan) - and we watched it all knowing that he was the world's most expensive defender. It was f***ing hilarious. :lol:

This bit pisses me off, he got ripped to shreds in one game, a game where a whole team was ripped to shreds. For the rest of the World Cup David Luiz was together with Neymar two of the best players in their own positions. If I'm not completely wrong he was considered the best central defender in the World Cup by plenty of newspapers right until the semi-final. I'm not saying he's worth that money, but there's a reason he's gone three times for a very high fee and that is because he's an excellent footballer and defender on his day and managers believe they can be the one to help him from having those lapses in concentrations.

That being said, he's not worth that money and PSG did the right thing having two central defenders who are better than him, but he's also not the worst defender in the world etc.

cropped_REU_2080816.jpg?ts=1405201713

That game doesn't count. :lol: Bronze match ffs.

The only reason Sissoko was worth £30m is because lesser players were going for inflated prices elsewhere. If Ryan Mason is worth £13m but has only got one cap and very little league experience then Sissoko is worth twice as much, it's all relative. Yes it's stupid money but if people are going to pay it then of course you're going to want to get as much as possible for your own player.

There's a bit too much checking of boxes going on for my liking, as if footballers were like buying a new phone.

"Ok so he's got two dozen international caps, 100 PL appearances and 8Gb of RAM, I'll take him."

The only thing that should really be taken into account is how good they are in practice. Maybe Ryan Mason is a better player, with much greater potential? Personally I couldn't comment, wouldn't know Ryan Mason if he slapped me round the chops.

All this "£25m or less and we'd have been shafted" - I actually agree, such is the brainless nature of PL spending. But on the other side of the coin, if we'd paid £10m for a much younger Sissoko in 2013 rather than £2m, based purely on his performances (i.e. not taking into account the sell on fee) I'd feel like we overpaid. In fact if we bought a player tomorrow for that much who gave us the exact same level of performance, I'd feel the same.

Love how people keep saying "Spurs will be hoping they get the Moussa Sissoko that played for France, rather than Newcastle"

:lol: Why? What did he achieve for France? A couple of his storming runs that ended with no end product.

This bloke has built a reputation as a good player, despite doing fuck all in his career. If he was that good, he'd have done more to keep us up. None of this "he turns it on and off" bollocks, he never turns it fucking on. He has a good game every now and again because he plays every fucking game of the season, he has a lot more bad games then good which is telling of his ability.

It's completely telling that Gouffran has scored as many goals as him for NUFC, in less games. The same Gouffran that plays on the wing (like Sissoko did for us regularly) and has been lambasted (rightly) for being a waste of time and dogshit player.

There is no way he's good enough to start for Spurs, they have much better players than him already.

He'll do fine at Spurs I reckon. They play good football and he'll not need to hold onto the ball as much as he did here. The only question mark for me is whether he'll make them any better.

The answer is not to any meaningful extent.

Probably not. I get why managers like Sissoko, he brings you pace and power down the right, and he doesn't hide so you know what you are going to get week in week out. Just for a club like Spurs they really should be buying the best who can give you that bit of magic to win games rather than a workhorse.

There's a bit too much checking of boxes going on for my liking, as if footballers were like buying a new phone.

"Ok so he's got two dozen international caps, 100 PL appearances and 8Gb of RAM, I'll take him."

That kinda is how it works though. They're resources. Being an international boosts your market value as does any professional accolade.

He'll do fine at Spurs I reckon. They play good football and he'll not need to hold onto the ball as much as he did here. The only question mark for me is whether he'll make them any better.

Probably not. I get why managers like Sissoko, he brings you pace and power down the right, and he doesn't hide so you know what you are going to get week in week out. Just for a club like Spurs they really should be buying the best who can give you that bit of magic to win games rather than a workhorse.

This is the thing for me. A lot of people have accused him of going into hiding for large periods of the season - it just isn't true. Week in week out he's pretty consistent. He's better when he has more space but the effort is the same. I agree with you fully. His issue is a lack of top quality.

My gegenpress original comment was about Moussa. Think he would work well in that kind of high pressing system Poch likes. Forcing mistakes. We rarely have a high press.

That kinda is how it works though. They're resources. Being an international boosts your market value as does any professional accolade.

That's only how it works if you want the team to end up overpriced and shite.

This is the thing for me. A lot of people have accused him of going into hiding for large periods of the season - it just isn't true. Week in week out he's pretty consistent. He's better when he has more space but the effort is the same. I agree with you fully. His issue is a lack of top quality.

My gegenpress original comment was about Moussa. Think he would work well in that kind of high pressing system Poch likes. Forcing mistakes. We rarely have a high press.

Yeah, for that reason I thought he would have been a better fit for Liverpool as well rather than Wijnaldum, they like to press high up the pitch.

Lest we forget he could be on the centre spot and control the ball for a throw in and at least we will no longer have to tolerate Sissoko mini-golf as he would aimlessly smack the ball toward the opponent in the hope it would go through their legs so he could peg after it

The evening standard saying spurs only have to pay £6m for each year Sissoko is at spurs.  They think that they won't have to pay any more if Sissoko moves on after 2 years.  What a load of bollocks.  If Sissoko goes after two years they will have to stump up the remaining £18m immediately.  To go with what the standard are suggesting would leave it open to spurs to sell him to real Madrid in January for £35m and all they would have paid nufc would be £6m.  It smacks of the spurs media pals preparing excuses because they are embarrassed by us laughing at them for the way we fleeced Levy of £30m.