Moussa Sissoko

Skeletor
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest tollemache

We have many midfielders, but we need a dynamic and powerful runner in there with a physical presence that'll allow us to control the midfield more. He's a player that can grab the game by the scruff of the neck with his runs and strength.

Tiote is strong, but he's slow and not capable of playing box to box, neither is he as good as Sissoko as ball player.

He would be our own Diame, but with better passing and decision making imo. Would improve our team immensly (sp?)

My feeling as well, in the PL athleticism and physical strength is extremely important.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that might be a bit of a self-perpetuating myth... I'd sooner have quality. Man United can field a central midfield of Carrick and Scholes and (literally) walk off with the points against most Premier League sides. Athleticism and physical strength are particularly important if you set yourself to win games as a physical battle... I don't know, I'm sure there's something in it but I think a mid-table La Liga side with less in the way of brawn than their PL equivalents could hold their own over here no problem, just by imposing themselves in other ways. It's seen as important over here because an emphasis is placed on it because it's seen as important because an emphasis is placed on it because it... etc to a certain extent, I reckon

Rather Marseilles than fucking QPR.

Unsustainable though their recruitment policy might be, they're building up a fairly decent cohort of players there imo. Short of a centre back and another striker, but there's no reason to believe that they'll go down if wobbly chops can get them playing.

We have many midfielders, but we need a dynamic and powerful runner in there with a physical presence that'll allow us to control the midfield more. He's a player that can grab the game by the scruff of the neck with his runs and strength.

Tiote is strong, but he's slow and not capable of playing box to box, neither is he as good as Sissoko as ball player.

He would be our own Diame, but with better passing and decision making imo. Would improve our team immensly (sp?)

My feeling as well, in the PL athleticism and physical strength is extremely important.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that might be a bit of a self-perpetuating myth... I'd sooner have quality. Man United can field a central midfield of Carrick and Scholes and (literally) walk off with the points against most Premier League sides. Athleticism and physical strength are particularly important if you set yourself to win games as a physical battle... I don't know, I'm sure there's something in it but I think a mid-table La Liga side with less in the way of brawn than their PL equivalents could hold their own over here no problem, just by imposing themselves in other ways. It's seen as important over here because an emphasis is placed on it because it's seen as important because an emphasis is placed on it because it... etc to a certain extent, I reckon

I dunno, Man Utd get dominated in midfield quite a lot. Obviously if you have very exceptional quality then you will win games.

I'm not talking about just being big bruisers like Stoke though, I mean athleticism in the Ramires sense - the ability to get up and down the pitch with energy, pass and move and close people down.

This one hurts more than Remy for me. He's absolute quality and would've been the ultimate bargain :(

It's what we get for having a fairly passive approach to transfers.

How is our approach passive?

The minute someone else joins the battle for a players signature we lose.

Guest neesy111

Francois Piraux ‏@F8Piraux

Mou. Sissoko wants 2,5 - 3 €M per year and a signing bonus. #TFC #OM #NUFC

Between 40k and 50k.  I'm sure we could stretch to that if he is going to be a Purple???

Guest Roger Kint

Francois Piraux ‏@F8Piraux

Mou. Sissoko wants 2,5 - 3 €M per year and a signing bonus. #TFC #OM #NUFC

Between 40k and 50k.  I'm sure we could stretch to that if he is going to be a Purple???

Depends what that bonus is but i agree.

Only way I could see this happening in this window is if someone makes way. There's very little chance we'll pay those kinds of wages to a player unless he's going to be considered a first-teamer.

Guest bimpy474

When you employ monkeys, you end up with peanuts. (Just to paraphrase an old saying which sums us up at the mo)

While i agree about them being monkeys, not sure Cabaye, Debuchy, Ben Arfa, Cisse, Santon and Anita etc are peanuts.

If that's how you were meaning it, we just need more peanuts :lol: